Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Which of the following airplanes is/was your favorite to fly on?
a. Boeing 747
b. Lockheed L-1011
c. Boeing 727
d. Boeing 737
e. Bombardier whatever
f. Airbus A320
g. McDonnell Douglas DC-10
h. Dassault Falcon whatever
i. Concorde

2. Have you ever been INSIDE the U.S. Capitol building?

3. Name an athlete you have never met but would like to meet.

4. Can you truthfully answer YES to ANY of the 3 following questions?
a. Did you ever own a TV that was NOT a remote controlled TV?
b. Do you CURRENTLY own a Sony Walkman/Discman?
c. Do you or any members of your family living in your home currently own a Schwinn bicycle?

5. If you have ever flown a kite, when (or approximately when) was the last time you flew a kite?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Post by pdub »

1. Err dunno
2. No - Jan 6th joke here
3. Frank Mason
4. Yes, no, no
5. Earlier this month
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Post by KUTradition »

1 - no clue

2 - yes, jr. high trip to DC (shout out to South Jr. High! lol)

3 - Mahomie

4 - a) yes, b) no, c) no

5 - more than a decade ago at Clinton Lake
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm not understanding why pdub ad KUTrad can't/couldn't answer #1. It's very tough for me to answer because different planes meant I was going different places and I have fond memories of being on those (all but the Concorde) planes - but I can/will give an answer.
I'm not understanding why pdub and KUTrad answered all 3 questions in #4. I guess that's on me for not being more clear?

1. a
2. Yes (more than once) and the funny thing is Trad reminded me of my 8th grade trip, in which we went in to the Capitol and I forgot about.
3. Without giving it more than 2 seconds of thought - Mike Tyson
4. Yes
5. One of the reasons I am getting a brain evaluation next week - I can't remember. May have been in the last 10 years, if not last 10 - maybe last 20, definitely last 33.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. B747
2. No. Been outside
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Yes, no, no
5. About 4 years ago. Just gave away one to my neighbor kid when we cleaned our garage
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Toyota Tacoma
2. Yea...in the same way JD Vance has been inside a couch
3. Jessie Diggins
a. my grandma did for sure
b. not currently
c. yea, my parents still have my first bike...even tho they gave away my goddamn rollerblades
5. I might need a brain evaluation too
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:36 am I'm not understanding why pdub ad KUTrad can't/couldn't answer #1. It's very tough for me to answer because different planes meant I was going different places and I have fond memories of being on those (all but the Concorde) planes - but I can/will give an answer.
because i’ve never cared or kept track of the manufacturer of the planes i’ve flown on
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. L1011. The flight line for HNL came over my neighborhood in Hawaii, heard/saw planes all day. You get accustomed to noise pretty quickly.

I’d love to be able to put up either the C5 or AWACS on this, but those aren’t choices.

2. Yes

3. Shaq/Barkley

4. A. Yes. B. No. C. I have a Spin bicycle.

5. Maybe 10 years ago.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:50 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:36 am I'm not understanding why pdub ad KUTrad can't/couldn't answer #1. It's very tough for me to answer because different planes meant I was going different places and I have fond memories of being on those (all but the Concorde) planes - but I can/will give an answer.
because i’ve never cared or kept track of the manufacturer of the planes i’ve flown on
Interesting. There really is no need to know but it's often been put in my face and I can't avoid knowing.
For example, if I book a flight on-line it always show the type of aircraft. In the not so distant old days when I get on the plane in the seat back pockets there were emergency instruction cards that said the type of aircraft I was on.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:07 am 1. L1011. The flight line for HNL came over my neighborhood in Hawaii, heard/saw planes all day. You get accustomed to noise pretty quickly.

I’d love to be able to put up either the C5 or AWACS on this, but those aren’t choices.

2. Yes

3. Shaq/Barkley

4. A. Yes. B. No. C. I have a Spin bicycle.

5. Maybe 10 years ago.
1. We often flew on L1011s to Puerto Rico and California. Nice big planes.
3. I've met them both. :D Both couldn't have been nicer. Solid choices by you.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:26 am 1. Toyota Tacoma
2. Yea...in the same way JD Vance has been inside a couch
3. Jessie Diggins
a. my grandma did for sure
b. not currently
c. yea, my parents still have my first bike...even tho they gave away my goddamn rollerblades
5. I might need a brain evaluation too
1. Something tells me you have flown many times and you haven't had to leave your couch to do it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

zsn wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:37 am 1. B747
2. No. Been outside
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Yes, no, no
5. About 4 years ago. Just gave away one to my neighbor kid when we cleaned our garage
3. Saw him at O'Hare and SURPRISE! SURPRISE! I left him alone. Would be someone I would want to more than just meet. I would enjoy a looooooong conversation with him - him doing 95% of the talking.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. I hate them all
2. no
3. Tiger
4. yes, no no tik.the streetlights come on, then I hops on my scwhinn...and tell the homes aight then
5. no idea 30+ years
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:33 am 1. Err dunno
2. No - Jan 6th joke here
3. Frank Mason
4. Yes, no, no
5. Earlier this month
5. I'm jealous. Thinking I should buy a kite but the problem is I live in a too congested area with too many possibilities of me fucking something up if I lost control of the kite.

On a side note, about 5 years ago I won a contest and was given a Star Wars looking type of drone. I have never flown it in the area I live for the same reason/s I haven't flown a kite.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:48 am 1. I hate them all
2. no
3. Tiger
4. yes, no no tik.the streetlights come on, then I hops on my scwhinn...and tell the homes aight then
5. no idea 30+ years
1. Hate is a strong word but hey, I know you're hardly alone with your hate sentiment.
3. I was going to say Tiger. My concern is I have a feeling he would either be really kind and interesting or be a complete jag-off and boring - and nothing in-between.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

1. I don't like flying. I don't know enough about airplanes to know which ones I've been on.

2. Yes

3. I started to say Tiger Woods, but I think I'll go Bryson Dechambeau instead. *edit* Charles Barkley is a better choice I didn't think of.

a) I had one in my room as a kid, but do kids "own" anything.
b) no.
c) no.

5. When I was 6 or 7.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’ve been on every aircraft type currently in service for the major carriers. In the list I’ve been on all other than the last two. I’ve seen the Concorde many times (in LHR, JFK, IAD) although not fortunate enough to have flown in one.

I have had an interest in planes from a very young age. I always look up which aircraft type a particular leg is during booking and I will alter my itinerary (if I’m able) to avoid the RJs (Canadair/Bambardier and Embraer), although the E-175 RJ is not bad.

I also have a picture of me sitting in the cockpit left seat of all the Boeing aircraft currently operated by United. Unfortunately the operators of the large Airbus (Lufthansa and Singapore) won’t allow pictures on their flight deck but will allow visits on the ground (usually after arrival) - I’ve visited A340, A350 and A380 flight decks. Of them all the A350 is by far the most advanced, followed by B787. One captain of a B777-300ER told me that it was longer than the B747-8!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Same.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:42 am
Interesting. There really is no need to know but it's often been put in my face and I can't avoid knowing.
For example, if I book a flight on-line it always show the type of aircraft. In the not so distant old days when I get on the plane in the seat back pockets there were emergency instruction cards that said the type of aircraft I was on.
i’ve seen all the same info you cite, it’s just never occurred to me to draw any conclusions on my overall experience from whomever it was that made the plane

do you keep notes, or is your memory for such things just that good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:35 am 1. I don't like flying. I don't know enough about airplanes to know which ones I've been on.

2. Yes

3. I started to say Tiger Woods, but I think I'll go Bryson Dechambeau instead. *edit* Charles Barkley is a better choice I didn't think of.

a) I had one in my room as a kid, but do kids "own" anything.
b) no.
c) no.

5. When I was 6 or 7.

I would've said Charles, but I met him once in Portland at a random hotel bar. Talked to him just briefly for a couple minutes, he was a very nice and charismatic guy. I tried to buy him and beer (why? I don't know he's got plenty to buy his own). Anyway he said no he's all good, and then we he left the bartender brought me over a beer and said it was from Charles, he paid for it on his way out. Pretty cool.
Just Ledoux it