Assassination attempt on trump

Ugh.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Assassination attempt on trump

Post by Back2Lawrence »

What I know for sure is that this incident had successfully fragmented our attention further.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:52 am You guys don't really think he was purposely trying to miss him, right?

That's crazy town.

I don't care whether the bullet pierced his ear, grazed his ear, or whether it was a fragment. Seems sort of miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

The fact he is going to exaggerate it to make himself seem as tough as possible means nothing to me. He exaggerates everything.
No, I do not think the shooter purposefully missed. I just don't think it matters.

I strongly disagree with the balance of your post, still - "I got shot by an assault rifle" is not, if untrue, an exaggeration.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:52 am You guys don't really think he was purposely trying to miss him, right?

That's crazy town.

I don't care whether the bullet pierced his ear, grazed his ear, or whether it was a fragment. Seems sort of miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

The fact he is going to exaggerate it to make himself seem as tough as possible means nothing to me. He exaggerates everything.
Key word - THINK.
I THINK the shooter probably meant to hit him. I also THINK there is a chance he was trying to miss him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Agree with Gutter. Also Trump lies constantly and has no discernable moral compass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:32 pm Agree with Gutter. Also Trump lies constantly and has no discernable moral compass.
I would argue that Trump has no motivations that are NOT discernible. He is not a complex man.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^^

me, me, me (and me)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

same as 2020. dt has no intend on winning an election in nov.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:25 am
He is not a complex man.
I’m interrupting the echo chamber to query…are many of us?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:31 am same as 2020. dt has no intend on winning an election in nov.
cuz he likes being in court so much, with the possibility of jail time?

goddamn you say some dumb shit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:39 am
He is not a complex man.
I would say that nearly all of the long-timers here have, at some point, demonstrated (just HERE alone) more mental and emotional complexity - empathy, even - than that husk of a huckster.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:11 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:39 am
He is not a complex man.
I would say that nearly all of the long-timers here have, at some point, demonstrated (just HERE alone) more mental and emotional complexity - empathy, even - than that husk of a huckster.
And back into the echo chamber we go!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, trump supporter?

“echo chamber” seems to be the go-to for such people
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:31 am same as 2020. dt has no intend on winning an election in nov.
False, he now knows all the things he can get away with as President and wants to be able to do so. That and the fact that the best way for him to avoid serious prison time is to get reelected.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A lot of dissenting echoes then. And incidentally, when threatened with complete and utter disaster like Trump, you hope people would agree not to put their head in the oven. Even if they have a great Bell Jar reprise.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:24 am That and the fact that the best way for him to avoid serious prison time is to get reelected.
He's not going to prison.

It's already difficult enough to manage regular high profile prisoners. Trying to incarcerate a former president would be problematic for a variety of reasons. They'd have to build a single occupancy prison if they were going to do it.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:40 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:24 am That and the fact that the best way for him to avoid serious prison time is to get reelected.
He's not going to prison.

It's already difficult enough to manage regular high profile prisoners. Trying to incarcerate a former president would be problematic for a variety of reasons. They'd have to build a single occupancy prison if they were going to do it.
I wonder what the rent is for Longwood House on the Island of Saint Helena?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't really think it would be too "complicated" at all - probably means he's in a trailer-sized efficiency or something. But if we get to a place where he is finally getting federally sentenced for federal felonies, then there has to be federal punishment.

We're not exactly restoring the rule of law by letting him live out his days entertaining wannabe tinpot dictators at Mar-a-Lago.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:19 am so, trump supporter?

Come on traddie. You know B2L is no trump supporter.
And we can get a little echo-y
Broham
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:19 am so, trump supporter?

Aren’t you a scientist? I can’t remember. I know you are smart.

I wish we could go back to a time where smart people such as yourself wouldn’t form such perceptions based on someone saying a term as originally intended.

That said, both poles of the political spectrum are echo chambers, and have been for a long time.

I’m not offended that you’d ask if I was a Trump supporter, as that would be a silly reaction.

I am, however, saddened that such a response seemed normal.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:24 am
False, he now knows all the things he can get away with as President and wants to be able to do so. That and the fact that the best way for him to avoid serious prison time is to get reelected.

I don’t believe Trump has any intention of CONCEDING if he does lose.

Too much points to this. Much of the Right’s echo has indicated this.