Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

Harris up 6 pts in New Hampshire, 8 pts in Maine
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The Seneca Project:

We Must Win
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Former President Donald Trump told Christians on Friday to vote “just this time” and claimed they “won’t have to do it anymore” after the election in November.

“Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore,” the GOP presidential nominee told the crowd at the conservative Turning Point Action event in Florida.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:34 am Former President Donald Trump told Christians on Friday to vote “just this time” and claimed they “won’t have to do it anymore” after the election in November.

“Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore,” the GOP presidential nominee told the crowd at the conservative Turning Point Action event in Florida.
Yeah, did you catch his (Freudian?) slip? I know he claims to be Presbyterian but probably not too smart for him to say he's not Christian.

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/statu ... 3289082065
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if trump is presbyterian, i’m catholic
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Buyer's Remorse of the Spousal Unit

Usha Vance told friends Trump appalled her. Now she’s working to elect him.

The potential second lady found Trump’s actions on Jan. 6 “deeply disturbing,” a friend said. But ambition and devotion to her husband ultimately drove her to a place in the former president’s campaign.

During her rise through America’s most prestigious schools, law firms and judicial clerkships, Usha Vance rarely — if ever — volunteered her opinions on the nation’s bitterly partisan politics to friends and colleagues.

But she did express revulsion at former president Donald Trump’s actions on Jan. 6, 2021.
Vance told friends she was outraged by Trump’s incitement of the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol and lamented the social breakdown that fueled his political support
, according to one friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations. Her view at the time contrasts with the later pronouncements of her husband and Trump’s newly minted running mate, JD Vance, who has downplayed the storming of the Capitol and called participants who were jailed “political prisoners.”

“Usha found the incursion on the Capitol and Trump’s role in it to be deeply disturbing,” the friend recalled. “She was generally appalled by Trump, from the moment of his first election.”

Speaking the morning after Usha Vance introduced her husband at the Republican National Convention and watched his speech from the same VIP box as Trump, the friend added, “It was surreal to see her sitting next to him last night.”

That sensation is widely shared among her friends, former co-workers and fellow alumni, more than two dozen of whom spoke to The Washington Post for this story. Some watched in disbelief on July 17 when Usha Vance, 38, addressed an overwhelmingly White crowd on the convention floor that tittered uneasily as she joked about her husband learning to cook Indian food and audibly gasped when she mentioned her vegetarian diet.

...In many ways, Usha Chilukuri Vance — born to prosperous Indian Hindu immigrants, raised in Southern California and employed, until she quit last week, at a San Francisco law firm known for its self-consciously progressive office culture — appears to represent the sort of cultural and economic elite whom Republicans often rail against. A self-described “Order Muppet” remembered for her circumspect manner and almost fanatically detailed scheduling habits, she is very different, temperamentally, from the freewheeling former president and his incendiary MAGA movement.

Though she worked for prominent conservative judges and voted in the 2022 Republican primary in Ohio when her husband was on the ballot, she has registered to vote as a Democrat at least twice, records show: as a teenager in San Diego in 2004 and as a law student in New Haven, Conn., in 2010. In the fall of 2014 she registered to vote in D.C. without a party affiliation, according to elections officials.
But the forces that propelled her to the convention have long been evident, those who know her say: extraordinary ambition and deep devotion to her husband.

[...]
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

apparently, he grows on you [like fungus]
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl and pdub get their own, personal YouTube video?

Angry veteran goes off about Kamala Harris AGAIN in truck rant
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Did he say heteroflexible? That's a new one to me.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:58 pm Did he say heteroflexible? That's a new one to me.
That caught my ear too, because I'd never heard it before.

His rant was from a pov I didn't really appreciate before.
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:22 pm His rant was from a pov I didn't really appreciate before.
Same.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The Biden administration (and the Harris campaign) has an enormous opportunity with this election-theft-in-process in Venezuela.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:10 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:51 pm Biden should show up and debate an empty chair…
You joke, but it would be pretty powerful for him to do a town hall where he stands at one lectern and another is empty.
BREAKING: VP Kamala Harris just confirmed that she will be showing up to the planned September 10th presidential debate, whether Trump attends or not. Amazing move by the Harris campaign! Trump is already looking like a coward. Your move, Donald.
https://x.com/harryjsisson/status/18180 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:19 pm Harris up 6 pts in New Hampshire, 8 pts in Maine

In 2020 Maine and its whopping 4 electoral votes went to Biden.
In 2020 New Hampshire and its whopping 4 electoral votes went to Biden.
Let me know when she's up 6 points in Florida and 8 points in Texas and I'll get excited.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:17 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:10 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:51 pm Biden should show up and debate an empty chair…
You joke, but it would be pretty powerful for him to do a town hall where he stands at one lectern and another is empty.
BREAKING: VP Kamala Harris just confirmed that she will be showing up to the planned September 10th presidential debate, whether Trump attends or not. Amazing move by the Harris campaign! Trump is already looking like a coward. Your move, Donald.
https://x.com/harryjsisson/status/18180 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
would this be a “boss move”, or “meta”?

i can’t keep up
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:24 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:19 pm Harris up 6 pts in New Hampshire, 8 pts in Maine

In 2020 Maine and its whopping 4 electoral votes went to Biden.
In 2020 New Hampshire and its whopping 4 electoral votes went to Biden.
Let me know when she's up 6 points in Florida and 8 points in Texas and I'll get excited.
you should prepare for disappointment if that’s your bar for excitement
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

impossible for me to get excited about comma’la hsrgis vs dt
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

[Harris’s approval rating has surpassed trump’s in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Michigan. In Michigan, Harris is leading trump in favorability by a whopping 57 percent to 47 percent.]

new fauxnews polling
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:55 pm impossible for me to get excited about comma’la hsrgis vs dt
you should think twice before posting