Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by ousdahl »

Remember at that town hall when some proto-magahead stands up like “I don’t like Obama cuz he’s an A-rab” and McCain grabs the mike like “no no no, Obama’s a decent man and a good American who I simply happen to disagree with on some issues.”

RIP civility in politics.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:33 am Remember at that town hall when some proto-magahead stands up like “I don’t like Obama cuz he’s an A-rab” and McCain grabs the mike like “no no no, Obama’s a decent man and a good American who I simply happen to disagree with on some issues.”

RIP civility in politics.
Seems like a long time ago.
I always respected McCain.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Tuesday’s the day

i’m thinking it’ll be Shapiro
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:55 am Tuesday’s the day

I think it will be Kelly. I would be happy with Walz.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:13 pm

I think it will be Kelly. I would be happy with Walz.
Man, you can't not like Walz. Where has he been hiding?

Frankly, it seems you couldn't go wrong with any of those 3. Talk about an embarrassment of riches. I'm not that hot on Beshear, he seems too passive, in what little I've seen of him. And, no matter who Harris picks, like her, the VP has a case to prosecute in this campaign, so I want someone who's willing to spit some fire. (Of course, it may be that as a Dem in a very red state, Beshear has to avoid ever coming across as too strident, for all I know.)

I haven't been that hot on Kelly, because he has always seemed pretty stiff to me on the few occasions I've heard him. But, he was on Morning Joe this morning and really came across more animated and human.

Now, or in any election in the future, it's hard for me to imagine not voting for Pete, over anyone else I can think of. Anyone. Pete's so good at this, he doesn't really need to spit any fire. A liberal who's able to go on Fox and regularly pull down their phony, hypocritical pants, and taunt them like he does, is a special talent.

In this insightful video, Secretary Pete Buttigieg addresses the growing concerns and opposition regarding the high-speed rail project. Watch as he outlines the benefits, counters criticisms, and shares his vision for transforming America’s transportation infrastructure. He also discusses his experience when he learned about the Francis Scott Key Bridge and shares future plans for its reopening.

Secretary Buttigieg Responds to Opposition Over High Speed Rail
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is all about keeping the offense like they have been doing. Agree with Fish largely, but the MSM likes the WWE blather. The candidates out there are outstanding and support them all. Need a blue blowout to fix many things. Maybe even satisfy Ous.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I like Beshear a lot. He had daily, live, broadcasted press conferences during covid. Would answer questions from the craziest republicans and would not back down from his stance. He explained his stance, why he took it and then stayed the coarse.

Crazy republicans burned him in effigy outside of his kid's bedroom window.

He represents what Christians say they are.

But I don't think he has the name recognition to get it.
Broham
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

No one has mentioned her, but I'd be all in on Katie Porter.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:21 pm No one has mentioned her, but I'd be all in on Katie Porter.
Thanks, I was hoping you'd share your opinion about Beshear.

I like Porter too, hard to believe she won't be in congress after this term. Didn't think she'd beat Schiff for the senate nomination, wish she'd have run for reelection.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I dont think Harris will pick someone that she thinks will run against her and/or can beat her in 2028. Which is why I think some of the big dogs have laid low. They know she's super vulnerable in 2028. We may have 3 single term president's in a row.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:21 pm No one has mentioned her, but I'd be all in on Katie Porter.
I can't see them going California-California.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Rather obvious with all those electoral votes in PA.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:50 pm
I can't see them going California-California.
Good point. I'm still a fan
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i really wish it would be Pete

he’s so much better at articulating issues than any of the others, imo
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

correct
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pete is a policy wonk who is an outstanding leader
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Katie should get a cabinet position. She is relentless
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:49 pm Pete is a policy wonk who is an outstanding leader
What is your preferred flavor?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:06 pm Katie should get a cabinet position. She is relentless
Katie who?
Porter?
Hobbs?
I would argue Ledecky is relentless, as is Couric to a lesser degree. Do you mean one of those two?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Tuesday’s rally is in Philly

i hope Shapiro isn’t a mistake