What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
DeletedUser

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:52 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:19 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:11 pm Is your point that the Dems border policies are xenophobic? Or that the Pubs policies weren't xenophobic back when they were being called that?

What is the purpose here?
my point is that Dems and pubs both keep creeping further and further right about so many issues, and rather than be cognizant of it, so many otherwise-decent posters here would rather keep bickering along partisan lines. you know, that illustration when one fish turns to the other and asks, "what water?"

initiatives like suspending border asylum seems xenophobic, cruel, and at odds with the values upon which our nation was (supposedly) founded - regardless of whether it's dems or pubs doing it.
Dems having and enforcing a policy on immigration isn't "creeping further and further to the right" unless you go by the GOP horseshit narrative that what the Dems want is a wide open border. Which is of course complete bullshit.
Exactly. Border security is important to both dems and pubs.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s the same convoluted logic that leads people to say that pro-choice people are pro-abortion
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Hey, Ousie, did you, by chance, happen upon a cache of bad acid?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wish man.

That would be a better explanation for all this fuss than however else we got here.

But alas, it's been dry up here...you know anyone holdin' right now?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:09 pm

That would be a better explanation for all this fuss than however else we got here.
Not we. You.

You are the problem. Not everyone else.

You are how we got "here".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ah, so once again the ol' "it only takes one to tango" argument.

yea, now I really must be tripping.

how long til this shit wears off, defix?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Mistakes have been made. Mistakes are being made. Mistakes will be made. Live by your conscience, not your intellect.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Some real LOL here.

1. Illy is on the side of the ‘voices of reason’. Admittedly, his meds seem to be all in line with what he needs these days, and isn’t ALWAYS an automatic tune-out. But there was a time he was far, far worse than anyone here. (That’s opinion). What’s fact is he annoyed just about everyone, all the time, and sidetracked conversations, etc. etc. One would (I’d) think he might extend an olive branch at some point realizing Ousdahl might not mean harm, like he believes he didn’t at one point. But I don’t know, I don’t read half the shit on this particular board.

2. Oussie- Fish is about as even keel as they come, and he almost always supports his arguments logically. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with him, but calling him a Troll is nothing, if not Droll. Yes!!!!!

3. Y’all are all a bunch of cunts to each other. It’s dumb. Be kinda cunty sometimes, but this shiz is stupid.

4. Have a good day.

5. Making a fifth point bc gutter didn’t do his 5 Questions today, and they’ve been a good way for many people to post and discuss topics without trying to out skull fuck each other! Gutter, you not posting questions today is JUNK!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

defixione wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:28 pm Mistakes have been made. Mistakes are being made. Mistakes will be made. Live by your conscience, not your intellect.
Wait….

What intellect?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:01 pm Some real LOL here.

1. Illy is on the side of the ‘voices of reason’. Admittedly, his meds seem to be all in line with what he needs these days, and isn’t ALWAYS an automatic tune-out. But there was a time he was far, far worse than anyone here. (That’s opinion). What’s fact is he annoyed just about everyone, all the time, and sidetracked conversations, etc. etc. One would (I’d) think he might extend an olive branch at some point realizing Ousdahl might not mean harm, like he believes he didn’t at one point. But I don’t know, I don’t read half the shit on this particular board.

2. Oussie- Fish is about as even keel as they come, and he almost always supports his arguments logically. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with him, but calling him a Troll is nothing, if not Droll. Yes!!!!!

3. Y’all are all a bunch of cunts to each other. It’s dumb. Be kinda cunty sometimes, but this shiz is stupid.

4. Have a good day.

5. Making a fifth point bc gutter didn’t do his 5 Questions today, and they’ve been a good way for many people to post and discuss topics without trying to out skull fuck each other! Gutter, you not posting questions today is JUNK!
good post.

as for the 2. directed at me, I don't disagree! Fish is very even keeled...like 98% of the time. There's been something about the pols bored for the past 2.5 years tho for which he can't discuss anything at all with me without him devolving into another rant about how I'm a Putin parrot, regardless of whether it's relevant to any discussion. For 2.5 years I've denied it, and taken the time to compare and contrast my views with Putin's, and articulated - supporting my arguments logically - why my concerns are valid regardless of what Putin's using for propaganda.

Fish has ignored all my arguments to instead just keep doubling down. He's ignored the dozens of examples, from credible sources, I've provided to instead just keep doubling down. He's shamelessly spun very plainly-worded reports about particular issues into his own good guy bad guy narratives - and to keep doubling down on everything but as Putin parroting. I've repeatedly asked him to refrain from doing so, particularly when it's irrelevant to so many of the other threads and discussions, and even said it comes across as trolling...but he keeps doubling down.

It really is ridiculous.

cuz I don't take, or give, accusations of trolling lightly! But considering all that, I don't know what else to call it any more.

And I really wouldn't keep bothering, except that here were are again, again again, AGAIN, with fish doubling down on me as a Putin parrot, even though I've avoided that shit, to instead try to discuss things like immigration...in the immigration thread...

3, 4, and 5 are all pretty on point too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You are the one who linked our immigration policy to our Ukraine policy. I am comfortable that the other thread stands for itself as to our respective arguments.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, it was dems who linked immigration policy Ukraine policy, when they tried to make a deal with the cult.

Or was it the cult?

Either way, I assure you it wasn’t me who decided we should link border policy and military policy.

In act, I specifically tried to NOT mention “Ukraine,” cuz I didn’t want you doing just this, AGAIN.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Fish has been unbelievably patient with you. Not only that, but he continues to engage and provide back up and logic for all of his arguments while you just say nuh uh and fling shit at the wall in random directions hoping something will stink bad enough for people to just agree and atop arguing so you can claim victory. It's very trumpy.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Welp.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:47 pm Actually, it was dems who linked immigration policy Ukraine policy, when they tried to make a deal with the cult.

Or was it the cult?

Either way, I assure you it wasn’t me who decided we should link border policy and military policy.

In act, I specifically tried to NOT mention “Ukraine,” cuz I didn’t want you doing just this, AGAIN.
Ok.

And unfortunately, sausage has to be made.

My opinion is that - within the realm of what was realistically achievable within our system of government and the present composition of our government - the United States would be better off had the immigration bill passed.

And that opinion, which recognizes that this would be a rightward shift away from what is perhaps ideal, is HEAVILY influenced by the MOST important goal in all of our politics: that MAGA is kept out of the White House and, less likely but hopefully, the House and Senate majorities.
Last edited by jfish26 on Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:48 pm Fish has been unbelievably patient with you.
Sure?
Not only that, but he continues to engage and provide back up and logic for all of his arguments
No, he hasn’t.

He’s admitted his lack of understanding about certain issues, and practically bragged about his ignorance about others.
while you just say nuh uh and fling shit at the wall in random directions hoping something will stink bad enough for people to just agree and atop arguing so you can claim victory. It's very trumpy.
Actually, I’ve made an effort to exhibit patience myself, and to avoid “flinging shit” in favor of actual arguments with actual credible sources.

But I’ve also accepted there is no victory to claim here. Rather, it’s the proverbial wrestling a pig in mud
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

your second response highlights exquisitely one of the main problems here. I would guess 99.99% of users (and breathing humans) would look at fish' responses and agree that he does indeed provide more the adequate back up, logic and evidence for his arguments (I mean...lawyer yea?)

Just because you don't agree with the provided documentation doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The fact that you continue to insist that it doesn't exist is a mortal wound to your credibility on any applicable subject.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:47 pm Actually, it was dems who linked immigration policy Ukraine policy, when they tried to make a deal with the cult.

Or was it the cult?

Ok.

And unfortunately, sausage has to be made.

My opinion is that - within the realm of what was realistically achievable within our system of government and the present composition of our government - the United States would be better off had the immigration bill passed.

And that opinion, which recognizes that this would be a rightward shift away from what is perhaps ideal, is HEAVILY influenced by the MOST important goal in all of our politics: that MAGA is kept out of the White House and, less likely but hopefully, the House and Senate majorities.
Ok?

I can mostly agree in principle.

But the bummer is the good guy bad guy partisanship of it. You can replace “maga” with “libs” and it’s so similar to the battle cry of the gop.

On some bigger ideological level, I may be even more concerned about this ideal of wanting to snuff out any any opposing views in gummint, regardless of which direction.

This two-party system is shit, especially when so much of the time both parties are pretty much the same thing
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:01 pm your second response highlights exquisitely one of the main problems here. I would guess 99.99% of users (and breathing humans) would look at fish' responses and agree that he does indeed provide more the adequate back up, logic and evidence for his arguments (I mean...lawyer yea?)

Just because you don't agree with the provided documentation doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The fact that you continue to insist that it doesn't exist is a mortal wound to your credibility on any applicable subject.
Remember the other day when fish referred links to himself as some sorta source?

Just imagine if I tried to pull that shit!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

deflect! redirect! bright light look over there!
Just Ledoux it