My Inner GQuinn Is Coming Out/Four Quick and One Not So Quick Questions For A Wednesday Which The Heat Broke in Chicago

Coffee talk.
Back2Lawrence

Re: My Inner GQuinn Is Coming Out/Four Quick and One Not So Quick Questions For A Wednesday Which The Heat Broke in Chic

Post by Back2Lawrence »

If it’s going to be a shit Pennsyltucky beer, it’s gonna be Yuengling.

I’ll give the goods sometime after noon.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: My Inner GQuinn Is Coming Out/Four Quick and One Not So Quick Questions For A Wednesday Which The Heat Broke in Chic

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:40 am
Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:47 am

Some people say inappropriate, misplaced modesty, is my greatest fault.
We all KNOW this is what you say to yourself into the mirror mirror on the wall.
^^^

This confirms my suspicion that there are cameras hidden around my house!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:46 am If it’s going to be a shit Pennsyltucky beer, it’s gonna be Yuengling.

I’ll give the goods sometime after noon.
I liked Yuengling more before I had a lot of it living in SC. The luster wore off in a hurry.
shindig

Post by shindig »

yeah, Yuengling is a pretty good beer, not too heavy. I've had it in other states, but I believe it just arrived in Missouri/Kansas last year or so. I get it every now and then.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:32 am 2. I feel like he's anti-big-craft-beer but also anti-corporate...so it's gotta be some smaller unknown beer from a brewery in Colorado and not an IPA because that's too popular and he can't drink something that's gotten too popular. I'll go Colorado Ale from Weldwerks.

I laughed pretty good when I read your post. I’ll let you/anyone else comment for a while and I’ll come back and go through this original assessment step by step.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wait, is it Shilling Amber Ale?
Oh man I was fucking close with both my OG guess and Fat Tire ( Amber ).
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:45 pm Wait, is it Shilling Amber Ale?
Well, 90 Shilling, but yeah, an Amber Ale. And you were close.

From your assessment:
I’m not anti-big brewery, necessarily. In fact, Miller Lite is what I generally have on hand if I want a beer with dinner. (Very very rare).

I’ve long not enjoyed New Belgium products. Did originally enjoy me a Fat Tire.

Really has nothing to do with things being too popular. I’m not contrarian for contrarian’s sake. That said, hipster douche shit can go suck a cunt. Or something.

IPAs have always been wasted on me. I’ve tried enjoying them, as Colorado has so so many ‘good’ choices. I just don’t like the flavor, and never have, long before ironic beard boy (see:Ousdahl) and co. adopted them as the beer variety of choice for their ilk. I’ve always thought they tasted skunky, and were in a race to be the most skunk-like. If I wanted to taste weed, I’d just get high.

I don’t drink anything out of a green bottle (generally, minus Yuengling).

Stouts are ok, but hardly touch them. When I do, I usually have a nitro milk stout from Avery. That stuff is delicious.

Weldworks really made me laugh. I like that you remember details and probably googled Greeley breweries to reference that one. Or you’ve had it, the brewery has a decent following. That said, I refused to drink their stuff. When I first started driving Uber in the mornings before my other job at the time, one of my daily rides was the GM of the brewery at the time. He never tipped. So I said fuck you to his business. Seriously, never even tried one.

90 Shilling became a favorite while a season ticket holder for the Rapids. O’Dell’s was one of the primary sponsors of the club, and my favorite at the stadium, and it carried over.

Some runner’s up:

Avery Nitro Milk Stout (see comments above)
Boulevard Tank 7 (I can only ever drink one of these).

Oh, and for the record, I have an average of one alcoholic drink a month. I’ve been that way for over a decade. It’s just that sometimes I save those up for 4-6 months. I’d much rather eat an edible and drift into oblivion. Everything about that experience is more fun, as a rule.

But, a couple few times a year, I’ll end up in a bar in Lawrence thinking a 20 or 30 something has a kind eye for me. Sometimes I wish I drank a lot living here, but I don’t really like how I feel the next day(s). And, of course, having had a bout of pancreatitis last year, this is even more a no-no now. Still wish I got pancreatitis from being a heavy drinker. At least it would make sense that way.

And in my typical fashion, here’s a pictorial representation of my core thoughts, minus the rambling.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

HOW ABOUT A FAT TIRE AMBER ALE NOW
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

yuengling for me is vacation beer. i know i'm on vacation if i'm enjoying a yuengling. we don't have yuengling in michigan.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:10 pm HOW ABOUT A FAT TIRE AMBER ALE right NOW

I can still see him spilling that fucking beer all over the table. No. Don’t spill my beer as you serve it to me.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:13 pm yuengling for me is vacation beer. i know i'm on vacation if i'm enjoying a yuengling. we don't have yuengling in michigan.
Going to DC tomorrow, I’ll have a sixer of it in my buddy’s fridge when I arrive. He knows we can get it here now, but knows I used to get it every time I went to visit him. It’s good when it’s really, really cold. See:PBR.

Also: as someone with a mom from Michigan, whose family we’d go visit every couple years as a kid (every time we moved), a couple things Michigan remind me of vacation to this day.

1. Vernor’s. Can get it everywhere now, but not back in the day.

2. Koegel’s Vienna’s. With Abbott’s Flint style (dry) chili. I order them from time to time and have a hot dog cook off.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm shocked that mich is leaving Michigan for vacation.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:36 pm I'm shocked that mich is leaving Michigan for vacation.
Wisconsin, look out.

https://ssbadger.com/
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:42 am Pleasegoddontberollingrock.
I had a friend a few decades ago that thought ordering Rolling Rock made him somehow cool.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Last alcohol drink I ever consumed (almost 16 years ago) was Ice House. Talk about going out with a dud.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

good on you, gutman…we’re coming up on the 3 year mark ourselves, and i don’t miss it one bit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:40 pm
I had a friend a few decades ago that thought ordering Rolling Rock made him somehow cool.
Maybe he just mispronounced Shiner Bock.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:54 pm Last alcohol drink I ever consumed (almost 16 years ago) was Ice House. Talk about going out with a dud.
No, talking about going out like a man who knew it was time to change. Good for you.

Nothing good comes from drinking. And yes, I drink. But I know nothing good comes from it.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Lots of kids come from drinking. Some of us, no doubt. So yeah, probably no good here.

Rolling Rock was very fashionable when I was @ KU. Early years, we drank mostly Meisterbrau and Keystone Light.

I detailed my drinking habits above (almost non-existent). When I’ve gone in first dates, a drink or two can help quite a bit. If I had a long-term partner, she’d already know what an idiot I am, and mostly is ok with it, so no need to alter her reality.

THC, though, especially with CBD and CBN with it, is where it’s at.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:34 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:40 pm
Maybe he just mispronounced Shiner Bock.
Or Lone Star.

Then probably went to What, (it’s) A Burger?

Y’all’s tastes suck. Y’all’s, of course, is referring to all Texans, in honor of Ousdahl, who I’m sure many here wouldn’t find enjoyable no matter how much they’ve imbibed.