Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by japhy »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:56 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:48 am Pre-reveal Shirley would have loved posting this:

The right is calling Tim Walz “Tampon Tim” because he required Minnesota schools to supply free menstrual products to kids in grades 4-12. They obviously didn’t think this through.

"Tampon Tim" Walz
That they make fun of a high school teacher for making life better for kids so they can learn is like they are accidentally telling the truth about how they feel about everyday people.

For some weird reason, this Harris-Walz ticket has the GOP completely fucking themselves over every day. It is abundantly clear that Trump-Vance has no clear message of their own, no path towards happiness, joy and a better life for people. It is all just scare tactics, absurd complaints and grievance politics. I really hope this is the beginning of the process to strip the MAGA fungus out of our government.
The timing on this sad attack is perfect. The second largest college in Kansas just work out a plan to supply free tampons in the women's restrooms. Annie has been fighting this fight for a couple of years. The college provides soap, paper towels, toilet paper, biowaste disposal containers, trash cans, recycling/composting cans for paper towels. But refuses to supply tampons because...."women would just stand there and clean out the tampon dispenser and take them home". No concerns about either men or women stealing the TP (cuz single ply is no one's jam), no concerns about cleaning out the paper towels, or emptying the soap into a bottle and taking it home. But women will prolly steal all the tampons.

This was seriously the naysayers fallback position.

Annie challenged the men in the room to ask women in their departments if they would consider taking the tampons home. The reactions were primarily, "Oh Hell No! I would only use those uncomfortable cheap ass free tampons in an emergency". And if there are students who are that desperate, why not let them have the tampons? The school provides food for students who need it. They provide textbooks for students in need. But tampons are too much?

Would it surprise anyone to know that the staff that were against this, were all men?

Tampon Tim is Annie's new hero.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

do you know what % of the population 150,000 is. me neither. cause it is so low it won't even calculate on the calculator. that's like 5 people in my town of 33,000 donating to me.

if anyone is excited. it's because joe biden retired.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:53 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:49 am nobody cares who the vp is.

walz is living proof of that. 48 hours ago, most of the country had never heard of the dude.
The Harris campaign had more than 150,000 new donors in the 24 hours following the announcement of the Walz pick.

But, you do you.
150,000 anti-semitic donors waiting to make sure it wasn't a Jew?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:12 am do you know what % of the population 150,000 is. me neither. cause it is so low it won't even calculate on the calculator. that's like 5 people in my town of 33,000 donating to me.

if anyone is excited. it's because joe biden retired.
Not surprising that 150,000 isn't a meaningful number of people, to you.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:42 am And his ego will prevent him from dropping Vance and going a different direction, because that would mean he was wrong about something for the first time ever.
He fired a whole lot of people in his cabinet.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:24 am
DeletedUser wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:42 am And his ego will prevent him from dropping Vance and going a different direction, because that would mean he was wrong about something for the first time ever.
I don't know how the mechanics work - now that Vance has officially been nominated, I'm not sure this is something Trump can do unilaterally.

To be clear, at no point in the last ten years has the party had the basic integrity to stand up to him in any meaningful way, but.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:29 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:24 am
I don't know how the mechanics work - now that Vance has officially been nominated, I'm not sure this is something Trump can do unilaterally.

To be clear, at no point in the last ten years has the party had the basic integrity to stand up to him in any meaningful way, but.
Not sure how accurate this is, but I was able to find it. Basically, he can but it's not easy. I think you're right, no one in the GOP is gonna tell DDD no.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Pro tip: Suspend all logic before predicting or analyzing Trump's behavior.

But, to your point. Back in 2017 or so, early in his term, he started trashing one of his administration/cabinet members, and I was like Holy fuck, doesn't he realize what a reflection this is on him, and his judgement*? smh

*See pro-tip, above...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

no one has fired more staff members than our current vp.

like vp's don't mean nothing to nobody. firing staff don't mean nothing to nobody. protip
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:38 pm no one has fired more staff members than our current vp.

like vp's don't mean nothing to nobody. firing staff don't mean nothing to nobody. protip
A President firing Cabinet members - people in the line of succession to the Presidency - is not anything like a VP firing staffers.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Stephen Miller is MAD! As in, insane and just yelling weird creepy shit to get attention "mad".
Donald Trump’s advisor Stephen Miller was warned he was close to “defamation” after a bizarre tirade on MSNBC suggesting Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the “number one traffickers” of “girls into sex slavery on planet Earth.”

Host Ari Melber stepped in after Miller launched his rant in a discussion about the aftermath of January 6.

Miller, one of Trump’s top immigration advisers, said: “A lot of innocent people, have been persecuted by a corrupt system! What kind of corrupt system throws Republican lawyers in jail for offering good, sound legal advice, but does nothing with secretaries of state who plainly violate their own state laws and constitutions? How many people are in jail right now?"

“Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the number one traffickers of children– girls into sex slavery on planet Earth! How many people are in jail for that?”

At this point, Melber interrupted, warning Miller: “We’ve gone this far in an exchange, we’re not doing just anything you want to rip off the Internet that’s false. And we’re not doing defamation here! As you know, there’s other Trump allies who’ve got a lot of trouble with that. We’re not doing that here.”
Man on the bus
Screaming about Presley
Man on the bus
Screaming about Presley
All tied up, got a knot in his hands
He says, "Presley sucked on doggie dicks"

I'm the king of rock 'n roll
If you don't like it, you can lump it
You gotta get me back to the base
You gotta get me back to the base

Presley's been dead
The body means nothing
Man in the back says Presley sucked dicks
With a picture of Li'l Stevie over his head
I'm in the back with a hole in my throat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXuP2GKRZgI
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There isn't a worse person in Trump's coterie of clowns.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Crowd size, he's talked more about crowd size than anything.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:36 pm Crowd size, he's talked more about crowd size than anything.
He needs medical attention. How exactly this came up was:

Trump: There was a peaceful transition in 2021.
Reporter: How can you say that, given that you never conceded and also January 6.
Trump: No one died on January 6, and also that crowd for my speech was bigger than MLK ever had.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

His comments on General Milley were beyond disgusting.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:50 pm His comments on General Milley were beyond disgusting.
I was on my way out the door to get my hair done, and was only able to watch a few minutes. But, he seemed like a tired version of his old self, what little I saw.

It was his lame attempt to wrestle the news cycle away from Harris and Walz, so I figured there was a good possibility he might raise the anti on his "Kamala just recently turned Black" gambit the other day.
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:29 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:50 pm His comments on General Milley were beyond disgusting.
"I was on my way out the door to get my hair done"

Both of them?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:38 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:36 pm Crowd size, he's talked more about crowd size than anything.
He needs medical attention. How exactly this came up was:

Trump: There was a peaceful transition in 2021.
Reporter: How can you say that, given that you never conceded and also January 6.
Trump: No one died on January 6, and also that crowd for my speech was bigger than MLK ever had.
I'm no shrink but I don't think there is a person on this planet who has more extreme inner conflict than Trump. Meaning, I think at times he probably suffers from being extremely insecure and other times he is one of the most if not the most narcissistic person on the planet.
I'm confident if Trump is elected president one of the first things he will do is declare a national holiday in his honor - partially because MLK has one in his honor.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump is clearly insane. This was worse than Bogart's ice cream theft rant in Caine Mutiny. He needs to be sedated and institutionalized.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

To be clear, my endorsement of "Tampon Tim" comes no strings attached.
twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:56 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:48 am Pre-reveal Shirley would have loved posting this:

The right is calling Tim Walz “Tampon Tim” because he required Minnesota schools to supply free menstrual products to kids in grades 4-12. They obviously didn’t think this through.

"Tampon Tim" Walz
That they make fun of a high school teacher for making life better for kids so they can learn is like they are accidentally telling the truth about how they feel about everyday people.

For some weird reason, this Harris-Walz ticket has the GOP completely fucking themselves over every day. It is abundantly clear that Trump-Vance has no clear message of their own, no path towards happiness, joy and a better life for people. It is all just scare tactics, absurd complaints and grievance politics. I really hope this is the beginning of the process to strip the MAGA fungus out of our government.
Derek Cressman