Uncle Joe

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:21 pm Biden isn't fit to leave the nursing home unassisted at this point. The democrats have a plan tho, they are going to replace him. They are going to muddy the waters for a bit for both him and trump and then swoop in with a new candidate last minute, and hope they can convince everyone that both trump and biden are too old and unfit for office. Will it work? Maybe
Damn, right again. It's getting too easy to see through the deception and lies of the political establishment. No wonder you guys get sick of me being right. Maybe one of these days some of you will realize I'm not a "conspiracy theorist", but someone who knows the media is blatantly dishonest and manipulative
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Now do Trump.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Randy is back?
Fuck
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

defixione wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:35 amNow do Trump.
I’m proactively posting tl;dr
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

As this is still a democracy(the democrats are working hard to change this), i welcome an alternate perspective. it is refreshing and a nice change from the propaganda machine.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yes, those tricksy Dems famously tried to disenfranchise millions of voters last time around.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:49 pm As this is still a democracy(the democrats are working hard to change this), i welcome an alternate perspective. it is refreshing and a nice change from the propaganda machine.
Which Dem said they were going to suspend the Constitution and be a dictator on day 1?
Broham
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The democrats did find a way to "appoint" their presidential candidate and cheat their voters out of having any say in it

And most democrat voters somehow don't even realize this. So much for protecting democracy. They ended the democratic process
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump's plan to help bring about affordable housing costs is drill baby drill. And Orban. Or something.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:39 pm The democrats did find a way to "appoint" their presidential candidate and cheat their voters out of having any say in it

And most democrat voters somehow don't even realize this. So much for protecting democracy. They ended the democratic process
Harris was always part of the ticket. You spent months bitching about Biden being at death's door. And dogging his Vice President, who we voted for as part of his ticket. Get bent.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:42 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:39 pm The democrats did find a way to "appoint" their presidential candidate and cheat their voters out of having any say in it

Harris was always part of the ticket. You spent months bitching about Biden being at death's door. And dogging his Vice President, who we voted for as part of his ticket. Get bent.
I’m a registered democrat and although I don’t agree in totality (or close to) with Randy’s intended message here, I do understand the sentiment and felt some of the same thing he expressed, and still do.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Thank God for the hope that the MAGA movement is disintegrating. Considering Trump should be in jail and disqualified, we the people got very lucky so far. No mental gymnastics needed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:39 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:42 pm

I’m a registered democrat and although I don’t agree in totality (or close to) with Randy’s intended message here, I do understand the sentiment and felt some of the same thing he expressed, and still do.
Which is fine and understandable - I’m just not here for election integrity lessons from this particular guy.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:57 am
Which is fine and understandable - I’m just not here for election integrity lessons from this particular guy.
Oh I understand in full.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Randy believes the fake electors were somehow more democratic than using the Vice President to stand in for the president when he felt he could not go on. I think it would have been unfair if Kamala had not been the torch bearer, as she was already in place and on the ticket. Just as I feel it would be fair if J.D. Vance were hung by republicans instead of Mike Pence when they start the next insurrection.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Do you want to know what is undemocratic? The Electoral College. The Looser is the Winner.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:14 pm Randy believes the fake electors were somehow more democratic than using the Vice President to stand in for the president when he felt he could not go on. I think it would have been unfair if Kamala had not been the torch bearer, as she was already in place and on the ticket. Just as I feel it would be fair if J.D. Vance were hung by republicans instead of Mike Pence when they start the next insurrection.
I think this is the important through-line to draw.

Those who will bleat and drone on and on about Harris’ nomination being “unconstitutional” are the same who supported the white-collar part of the 1/6 coup attempt, which relied on FAR more doubtful legal and procedural theories than anything that has happened with the D ticket - to say nothing of the white collar part of the 1/6 coup attempt being an attempt to ACTUALLY disenfranchise people who voted for Biden.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:15 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:14 pm Randy believes the fake electors were somehow more democratic than using the Vice President to stand in for the president when he felt he could not go on. I think it would have been unfair if Kamala had not been the torch bearer, as she was already in place and on the ticket. Just as I feel it would be fair if J.D. Vance were hung by republicans instead of Mike Pence when they start the next insurrection.
I think this is the important through-line to draw.

Those who will bleat and drone on and on about Harris’ nomination being “unconstitutional” are the same who supported the white-collar part of the 1/6 coup attempt, which relied on FAR more doubtful legal and procedural theories than anything that has happened with the D ticket - to say nothing of the white collar part of the 1/6 coup attempt being an attempt to ACTUALLY disenfranchise people who voted for Biden.
Just wait until you have to march past dozens of assholes with assault rifles at polling stations demanding that you tell them who you intend to vote for in November.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

to say nothing of the white collar part of the 1/6 coup attempt being an attempt to ACTUALLY disenfranchise people who voted for Biden.
Don’t forget the almost 4 years it’s been kept in the news cycle as the truth, to the point that it is the (their) truth.

Potentially dangerous times ahead. I dislike even alluding to such things, as it potentially paints me as a conspiracy theorist, etc…but I dunno, some insidious currents of thought in place which won’t really be difficult to mobilize.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:09 pm
to say nothing of the white collar part of the 1/6 coup attempt being an attempt to ACTUALLY disenfranchise people who voted for Biden.
Don’t forget the almost 4 years it’s been kept in the news cycle as the truth, to the point that it is the (their) truth.

Potentially dangerous times ahead. I dislike even alluding to such things, as it potentially paints me as a conspiracy theorist, etc…but I dunno, some insidious currents of thought in place which won’t really be difficult to mobilize.
Garland has (rightly) been criticized for how slow the wheels of justice have spun here. But spun they have.

Your fears are well-founded (obviously), but I do think it will matter - in the context of what happens between a Harris victory and a Harris inauguration - that a meaningful number of last time’s criminals have been convicted, and that the specter of actual consequences will hang over other would-be criminals.

At least of the foot-soldier variety.