Fox and Friends

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Fox and Friends

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:22 am this economic climate is not good for the anyone but dt crowd.
We are actually doing well, especially looking at the rest of the Post Trump virus world. Were you to move to Moscow, not so much.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am surrounded by the greatest water in the world.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:22 am this economic climate is not good for the anyone but dt crowd.
you should repeat this in every thread

it might catch on!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Nope, nothing weird about these folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZSrzkWi0U

Pretty standard thinking; if you vote for a woman, you start to transition into a woman. A scientist told him this.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I remember seeing that live and cringing. It seemed like a made up story for laughs, but one of those bad jokes that wasn't well thought out.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:17 pm I remember seeing that live and cringing. It seemed like a made up story for laughs, but one of those bad jokes that wasn't well thought out.
Diet Mountain Dew cringy
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We drink Mountain Dew
We drink Mountain Dew
We have nothing better to do than drink the Mountain Dew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmCh_0AsEyk
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I think one of the more funny things occurring on Fox News, is that since Kamala has changed her stances or messaging on some things that Pubs actually agree with, they are now pivoting to the whole "well, she used to not think that" thing.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve seen “copycat” and “unoriginal” thrown around as well
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is nearly inevitable that someone will put a Fox or Trump stamp on a name-based insult with a very particular acronym. For example, you can see the evolution coming like fish leaving the sea for the first time - the first step will be "wouldn't it be funny if we spelled chameleon with a K?"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:05 am I think one of the more funny things occurring on Fox News, is that since Kamala has changed her stances or messaging on some things that Pubs actually agree with, they are now pivoting to the whole "well, she used to not think that" thing.
I personally find the whole thing about Kamala changing her stances or messaging on some things that Pubs actually agree with, to be concerning.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:24 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:05 am I think one of the more funny things occurring on Fox News, is that since Kamala has changed her stances or messaging on some things that Pubs actually agree with, they are now pivoting to the whole "well, she used to not think that" thing.
I personally find the whole thing about Kamala changing her stances or messaging on some things that Pubs actually agree with, to be concerning.
Name one without a google search.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Boreder.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:36 amBoreder.
What was her previous stance and what is her changed stance?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

when campaigning in 2020, Harris called for things like, closing immigrant detention centers.

now, she's pushing a border policy that's tougher and Trumpier and among those things that "Pubs actually agree with."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:43 am when campaigning in 2020, Harris called for things like, closing immigrant detention centers.

now, she's pushing a border policy that's tougher and Trumpier and among those things that "Pubs actually agree with."
I think this sort of glosses over some important things.

It is true that Harris' plan includes elements that are along the lines of what you describe (and I would note that the whole point of a serious campaign is to win, which requires compromise and appealing outside your base).

However, it is also true that Harris' plan includes MUCH more robust and varied paths to lawful immigration.

In other words, one might find the stick part of their plans substantially equally gross.

But only one of their plans even includes carrots.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:11 am It is nearly inevitable that someone will put a Fox or Trump stamp on a name-based insult with a very particular acronym. For example, you can see the evolution coming like fish leaving the sea for the first time - the first step will be "wouldn't it be funny if we spelled chameleon with a K?"
Has anyone checked in on Trump’s latest position on “Mexico will pay for The Wall” stance?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:03 am

It is true that Harris' plan includes elements that are along the lines of what you describe (and I would note that the whole point of a serious campaign is to win, which requires compromise and appealing outside your base).

yea.

I'm still left wondering whether the best move, though, is to compromise and make appeals outside your base, but to the right.

Is this really gonna pick up many otherwise-right-leaning votes for her? Or even many on-the-fence-undecided-moderate-centrist sorts of votes?

and part of that wonder is also wondering if taking any more progressive stances might attract, or better attract, votes outside Harris's base but to the left.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:24 am
Not me.

Until they find a way to transition to it without collapsing the medical sector and/or economy, I am fine with here change in stance on Medicare for all.

I agree with her that our country needs secure borders. We need fair, practical, and efficient immigration policies and practices.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:31 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:03 am

yea.

I'm still left wondering whether the best move, though, is to compromise and make appeals outside your base, but to the right.

Is this really gonna pick up many otherwise-right-leaning votes for her? Or even many on-the-fence-undecided-moderate-centrist sorts of votes?

and part of that wonder is also wondering if taking any more progressive stances might attract, or better attract, votes outside Harris's base but to the left.
I absolutely do think that appealing toward the middle is a better strategy than appealing toward the fringe left. And I do not think it's a close call.