Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by Shirley »

Thanks, Kamala!

"Inflation?" What "inflation"?

And just wait until the Fed cuts the interest rate in September. The only question is whether they'll cut it by 25 or 50 basis points! Wooooo Hooooo!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:50 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:23 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:49 pm the last 2 elections i voted against trump, but also for the democratic platform

neither clinton nor Biden were my preferred D candidate in ‘16 and ‘20
Same principle. I don’t recall where exactly I was on Joe during 2020 primaries. I think I preferred Klobuchar and Gillibrand.
Gillibrand? After she forced Senator Al Franken to resign?
Bus, not limousine.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:52 am Thanks, Kamala!

"Inflation?" What "inflation"?

And just wait until the Fed cuts the interest rate in September. The only question is whether they'll cut it by 25 or 50 basis points! Wooooo Hooooo!

Politics aside, this is great news:

Damn! Wages have outpaced inflation for more than a year now.

"IMPORTANTLY, nearly all the rise in CPI was due to shelter, which is a backward-looking measure."
Justin Wolfers
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

After the lockdown, Biden should have used his power to go back in time to keep up with consumer demand. I mean, he didn't even try to circle the earth faster and faster.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:50 am After the lockdown, Biden should have used his power to go back in time to keep up with consumer demand. I mean, he didn't even try to circle the earth faster and faster.
^^^

Joe didn't have the ("old") balls to issue an executive order and suspend the business cycle*. Typical liberal pussy.

* Business cycle: The fluctuating levels of economic activity in an economy over a period of time measured from the beginning of one recession to the beginning of the next. Contraction: A period when real GDP declines; a period of economic decline. Expansion: A period when real GDP increases; a period of economic growth.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I deserve a Crunchwrap. Supreme. But want to deny the consumer activity to Biden. I am yelling at clouds instead.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:58 pm I see this from a few angles.

I dunno if it’s a huge deal to not talk to the press. I also saw talking points like “but lots of other candidates have done the same.”

But at the very least, a candidate not talking to the press does nothing to help the “but I’m the one here to save democracy” sorts of points.

And, maybe I’m reading into it too far, but it might be a sign of uncertainty, even weakness, that Kamala and/or her handlers might be afraid she’s vulnerable to a potential press conference gaffe.
Maybe it's a simple as the fact that she didn't start campaigning until a few weeks ago, has some critical work to do in key battleground states and feels that is her higher priority.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how very occam’s razor…but, some subscribe to the conspiracy that this has been the plan for quite some time, so why wouldn’t she be more prepared?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:34 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:58 pm I see this from a few angles.

I dunno if it’s a huge deal to not talk to the press. I also saw talking points like “but lots of other candidates have done the same.”

But at the very least, a candidate not talking to the press does nothing to help the “but I’m the one here to save democracy” sorts of points.

And, maybe I’m reading into it too far, but it might be a sign of uncertainty, even weakness, that Kamala and/or her handlers might be afraid she’s vulnerable to a potential press conference gaffe.
Maybe it's a simple as the fact that she didn't start campaigning until a few weeks ago, has some critical work to do in key battleground states and feels that is her higher priority.
The “Press” v Kamala

https://youtu.be/QSo0duY7-9s?si=bykYpzKZcoR1Ge5a

The “Press” has deserved every iota of contempt.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:50 pm how very occam’s razor…but, some subscribe to the conspiracy that this has been the plan for quite some time, so why wouldn’t she be more prepared?
I do think - taking a breath and zooming out a little - one reform that would go a LONG way would be enforceable rules designed to compress the entire campaign process down into a much smaller timeframe.

The list of benefits is long, and includes (1) campaigns being more responsive to how things are actually working on ground, (2) voters not getting fucking BORED, (3) officeholding, potential candidates are restricted from campaigning (and thus focus on their offices) until the designated time, and also (4) some orange chucklefuck can't declare himself a perpetual candidate and thus unprosecutable.

In other words - this flash candidacy might have lessons we can learn.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:43 pm Kellyanne for Kamala
love it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Kamala Harris to propose ban on ‘price gouging’ for food, groceries

The vice president on Friday will make her most substantive economic policy announcement since launching her campaign…
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

to get votes. they are going to propose a lot of things.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

^^^

"Fuck Yeah!"
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Drilling in excess of 100% of our capacity times the number of homeless people will equal no taxes on tips for Mango VanGogh
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:33 pm Image
Fucking

A
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s so good

and clever

and witty

and anything BUT dumb and low iq
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:47 pm it’s so good

and clever

and witty

and anything BUT dumb and low iq
It’s the details that sing.