Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by japhy »

James Davenport, out there sweet talkin' the ladies.
More of Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance's past comments about women are resurfacing, this time from a 2020 podcast interview in which he and the host discussed "the postmenopausal female."

In an episode of The Portal podcast released in April 2020, Vance — who was recently selected as former President Donald Trump's 2024 running mate — spoke about how his wife, Usha Vance’s mother came to live with their family after one of his children was born.

Host Eric Weinstein, managing director of the venture capital firm Thiel Capital, asked Vance about the experience sharing a roof with his mother-in-law.

The Republican vice presidential candidate said that having his grandma around the house made his son "a much better human being." He continued, "And the evidence on this, by the way, is, like, super clear."

"That's the whole purpose of the postmenopausal female in theory," Weinstein interjects, as Vance says, "Yes."

Weinstein then made a racially charged comment, calling the grandmother’s presence in a home a "weird, unadvertised feature of marrying an Indian woman."

Without acknowledging the jab, Vance continued to call the experience "in some ways, the most transgressive thing I've ever done against, sort of, the hyper-neoliberal approach to work and family."
I read this aloud to the post menopausal woman in my house and got an immediate, "oh fuck that shit!", in response. I suppose for the R's sake it's a good thing women aren't expected to vote in this election.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So what is it these days with republicans and stalking their opponents as a campaign technique?

Josh Hawley spent a day stalking his Dem challenger Lucas Kunce on the State Fairgrounds in Missouri this week. Recording the whole thing so that his constituents would know that he is sooo serious about debating! But only if they do it away from TV cameras.
A confrontation between U.S. Senate rivals Thursday on the Missouri State Fairgrounds may be the closest thing to a live debate in the 2024 campaign.

U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, a Republican seeking his second term, arrived at the Governor’s Ham Breakfast looking for Lucas Kunce, the Democrat hoping to unseat him.

He found him, and for about than 20 minutes — until the emcee asked them and the mass of reporters clogging the main aisle to move — they jabbed at each other with personal digs, disputes about whether campaign ads are accurate and when, or if, they would meet formally before television cameras.

“It’s great to see out of your basement, Lucas,” Hawley said at one point. “By the way, are you going to do any campaign events around the state or just media?”

“Josh, why are you so weird?” Kunce responded. “Man, why are you so creepy?”
It was such a huge publicity success for James Davenport Vance when he and his bro squad stalked Kamala, that it just seemed natural for a sycophant like Hawley to follow his lead?

The photos of the effete Ivy Leaguer, "Runnin Josh"; jutting his jaw and pencil neck out towards the former Marine, Kunce was a visual contrast.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:55 am So what is it these days with republicans and stalking their opponents as a campaign technique?

Josh Hawley spent a day stalking his Dem challenger Lucas Kunce on the State Fairgrounds in Missouri this week. Recording the whole thing so that his constituents would know that he is sooo serious about debating! But only if they do it away from TV cameras.
A confrontation between U.S. Senate rivals Thursday on the Missouri State Fairgrounds may be the closest thing to a live debate in the 2024 campaign.

U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, a Republican seeking his second term, arrived at the Governor’s Ham Breakfast looking for Lucas Kunce, the Democrat hoping to unseat him.

He found him, and for about than 20 minutes — until the emcee asked them and the mass of reporters clogging the main aisle to move — they jabbed at each other with personal digs, disputes about whether campaign ads are accurate and when, or if, they would meet formally before television cameras.

“It’s great to see out of your basement, Lucas,” Hawley said at one point. “By the way, are you going to do any campaign events around the state or just media?”

“Josh, why are you so weird?” Kunce responded. “Man, why are you so creepy?”
It was such a huge publicity success for James Davenport Vance when he and his bro squad stalked Kamala, that it just seemed natural for a sycophant like Hawley to follow his lead?

The photos of the effete Ivy Leaguer, "Runnin Josh"; jutting his jaw and pencil neck out towards the former Marine, Kunce was a visual contrast.
I believe I read that Hawley (1) wants to do a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, and (2) didn’t want it broadcast live?

He is a non-resident weirdo anyway, but these things would just make him even more of a dweeb.

Vance is in KC today (?). With abortion rights on the ballot in MO, and with there not yet being an end in sight to Harris’ rise and Trump’s fall, we might even see Trump have to campaign in MO.

And friends, if that happens, it’s already over.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:03 am
I believe I read that Hawley (1) wants to do a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, and (2) didn’t want it broadcast live?
Josh is a traditionalist. If Lincoln and Douglas didn't need no TV and fact checkers, then Josh don't see why we needs them now!

How long before Josh grows a beard to solidify his masculine bonafides?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Josh will grow a beard when fake beards become more realistic, and a not a minute sooner. In the meantime, he has a really tough wife.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Trump and Vance really are stepping on land mines at every turn right now. They just can't seem to stop fucking up and looking like know-nothing fools.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

And speaking of land mines, the Project 2025 training videos have been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-jvD0SgPY&t

WTF? Rasputin worked in the trump administration for homeland security and on Project 2025?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The videos really are really great examples of projection. They are unintentionally funny. But these republicans are sociopaths
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Gettin the band back together! Because who doesn't need a guy with anger issues that makes sexual advances on a major donor's wife on their team!

Yep, Corey's back! That's right, the one who was boinking a married, face lifting to unrecognizable, Kristi Noem, that Corey!

And he comes out guns ablazin' !
How could anyone not be excited to help elect this man?

I’ve been with President
@realDonaldTrump
since Day 1, worked for him in 2016 & 2020, and I’m excited to be back on the Campaign Team to help deliver victory in 2024.

81 Days Left - Let Trump, Be Trump!

Get off the couch and join us, the President needs your help >>
So for a first tweet right out of the box....making a James Davenport couch joke....you really have to give Corey props for stepping in it so quickly.

The dude is a political savant.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yes, please just let trump be trump

that’s working oh so well
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is a not zero chance insiders are sabotaging the Yam Yeti. And a bigger chance they are truly that stupid
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:36 pm Gettin the band back together! Because who doesn't need a guy with anger issues that makes sexual advances on a major donor's wife on their team!

Yep, Corey's back! That's right, the one who was boinking a married, face lifting to unrecognizable, Kristi Noem, that Corey!

I’ve been with President
@realDonaldTrump
since Day 1, worked for him in 2016 & 2020, and I’m excited to be back on the Campaign Team to help deliver victory in 2024.

So for a first tweet right out of the box....making a James Davenport couch joke....you really have to give Corey props for stepping in it so quickly.

He’s already out there throwing actual pros under the bus.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:36 pm Gettin the band back together! Because who doesn't need a guy with anger issues that makes sexual advances on a major donor's wife on their team!

I’ve been with President
@realDonaldTrump

I wonder if he'll fuck Kristi Noem v2.0.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sometimes I fear you are all too siloed, sequestered, wandering the internet alone, aimlessly, until you happen to happen upon something that affirms your previously held belief(s), no matter how vacuous &/or bizarre. In an effort to broaden your horizons, how about some Tabitha:

Tabitha Speaks Politics - Diapers, Pads On Ears, and Now Speciman Cups… But It’s Not A Cult!!

Tabitha Speaks Politics - The Harris/Walz Campaign HILARIOUSLY Trolls Fox News And Elizabeth Hasselbeck!!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have a really bad feeling about this election. I think Trump is going to win. I'll bet anyone on here $1 Harris wins Illinois but it's not as big of a margin as Biden beat Trump.

On a side note.
If people watch the Daily Show tonight they are going to see why I love J.B.
It's who he really/truly is. Just a good guy down to Earth billionaire.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pessimistic gutter is…pessimistic
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:54 pm On a side note.
It reminded me that there is one Chicago thing I have not done yet; Jeppson's Malört. It would be that much better if Gutter was sitting on the bar stool next to me. I'll work on that.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:43 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:54 pm On a side note.
It reminded me that there is one Chicago thing I have not done yet; Jeppson's Malört. It would be that much better if Gutter was sitting on the bar stool next to me. I'll work on that.
I'll work on getting Pritzker to join us. ;)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The criticism of Kamala Harris that she has not fleshed out her policy proposals is absurd. Presidents do not implement their detailed policy proposals, but work with Congress to pass what they can

Mitchell Minute - Policy Details Are Not Relevant In a Presidential Campaign
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:09 am The criticism of Kamala Harris that she has not fleshed out her policy proposals is absurd. Presidents do not implement their detailed policy proposals, but work with Congress to pass what they can

Mitchell Minute - Policy Details Are Not Relevant In a Presidential Campaign
I know "just look at the other guy" is shopworn, but it is simply fact that Harris has given policy proposals that are orders of magnitude more specific, detailed and practical than her opponent's platform, which reads like a wishlist letter from a troubled child to a Santa who has fallen into very weird corners of the internet.