Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:06 pm i think you nailed it

though, “stupid” is a big tent
“Stupid” is one of the variables. Downright bigotry and nihilism are other terms in the equation. David Duke was elected to public office, in the late 20th century. MTG is still an elected Representative. The Democrats have literally no chance when that is the make-up of the electorate.

Abolish the Electoral College (or implement the 270 Compact) and see how quickly we bring sanity to the Presidential election process.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

zsn wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:36 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:06 pm i think you nailed it

though, “stupid” is a big tent
“Stupid” is one of the variables. Downright bigotry and nihilism are other terms in the equation. David Duke was elected to public office, in the late 20th century. MTG is still an elected Representative. The Democrats have literally no chance when that is the make-up of the electorate.

Abolish the Electoral College (or implement the 270 Compact) and see how quickly we bring sanity to the Presidential election process.
bigotry is definitely on my list of stupidity
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:45 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:36 pm Nancy Mace: I’ll pronounce her [Kamala’s] name however I want…

jfc
Several years ago, I started remarking that we are so lucky that the captain at the controls of the terrifying machine the Rs had fashioned was as dumb and non-principled as Trump.

Now, whether it’s Trump or others, what fortune we have that, as far as this campaign now goes, the Rs don’t seem capable of running a two-car funeral if you spotted them the hearse.
What does that say about the Dems - that it's as close of a race as it is?
Other than people are stoopid.
I don't think it says anything good about Dems other than that there aren't enough of them comparatively. Check back in 20 years when a huge chunk of Republican boomers dies off.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Boomers are supporting Kamala now too by a few percentage points. That is game over if it holds. I expect it to grow.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:27 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Several years ago, I started remarking that we are so lucky that the captain at the controls of the terrifying machine the Rs had fashioned was as dumb and non-principled as Trump.

Now, whether it’s Trump or others, what fortune we have that, as far as this campaign now goes, the Rs don’t seem capable of running a two-car funeral if you spotted them the hearse.
I don't think it says anything good about Dems other than that there aren't enough of them comparatively. Check back in 20 years when a huge chunk of Republican boomers dies off.
Quintessential Gutter.

It's not the racists who want to keep people of color down and the religious fanatics who want to cram religion down everyone's throat while they get rid of public education and make us pay their religious schools, the good Christian men who want to keep women in their place by taking away their rights by abolishing contraception, abortion, and ending no-fault marriage. It's not the violent seditionists who can't accept they're in the minority and lose elections, so instead they suppress the rights of others to vote and when that doesn't work they cheat more, and when that doesn't work they support a guy he tried to pull off a coup when he lost in 2020 and who says he'll be a dictator and we ought to abolish the constitution. It's not the afraid-of-their-own-shadow cowards who can't feel comfortable merely co-existing in the world with everyone else unless they're carrying enough fire power to kill 50 people in one minute, the people who want to roll over and let Putin invade countries that rely on us, to bring them back under Russian control, the people who ignored the warming planet for decades, and resisted the simplest of public health measures during the pandemic on the theory it would be in the best interests of their fellow Americans, because their cult leader told them to.

But, "the Dems".
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

"Flood the zone with shit" has made a lot of people nose blind to the stench of the GOP.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:17 pm

Quintessential Gutter.

It's not the racists who want to keep people of color down and the religious fanatics who want to cram religion down everyone's throat while they get rid of public education and make us pay their religious schools, the good Christian men who want to keep women in their place by taking away their rights by abolishing contraception, abortion, and ending no-fault marriage. It's not the violent seditionists who can't accept they're in the minority and lose elections, so instead they suppress the rights of others to vote and when that doesn't work they cheat more, and when that doesn't work they support a guy he tried to pull off a coup when he lost in 2020 and who says he'll be a dictator and we ought to abolish the constitution. It's not the afraid-of-their-own-shadow cowards who can't feel comfortable merely co-existing in the world with everyone else unless they're carrying enough fire power to kill 50 people in one minute, the people who want to roll over and let Putin invade countries that rely on us, to bring them back under Russian control, the people who ignored the warming planet for decades, and resisted the simplest of public health measures during the pandemic on the theory it would be in the best interests of their fellow Americans, because their cult leader told them to.

But, "the Dems".
POTY!!!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:17 pm

Quintessential Gutter.

But, "the Dems".
Sorry, I am not understanding the "Quintessential Gutter" part of your post.

The "Other than people are stoopid" part of my post was mostly in reference to Pubs that you make reference/s to in your post above.
The fact that the race is as close as it is - is three fold to me.

1. I feel the Dems could trot out the best political candidate of all time and it still would be a close race....
2. .....Because we have an overabundance of dumb fuck whack jobs in this country who care less about the person they are electing and more about the shit they choose to believe (and not believe) and the spell they are under.....
3. ..... Which leads me back to what is the better political strategy for the Dems - Get people to vote for the Black/Indian/White Woman primarily because she's not Donald Trump - or get people to vote for the Woman who has been our Vice President for the past almost 4 years and can (and possibly will) (at least want to) do a. b. c. d. e. f. g. h. i. j. k. l. m. n. o. p. q. r. s. t. u. v. w. x. y. z. for our country.
Nice thing is it seems about even right now.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:42 am
japhy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:33 pm Image
When I first saw this I thought to myself that it is a bad parody.

I'll respectfully disagree with Trad and go ahead and say - To me, I don't feel it's so "good", "clever", or "witty", and I do feel it's at least kind of "dumb".
It reeks of stooping down to a sophomoric tone and something that seems more typical Republican than Democratic to me.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/1 ... s-00174470
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. Everyone is playing the same game with the same rules. Call the nonsense bullshit for what it is.

It's laughable what the GOP shitshow is doing so why not laugh at them.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I think there should be a response in kind, but also a statement (proclamation) that although the same game is being played, it is being done so to different ends, with the ultimate goal of unifying thought instead of further fragmentation.

Perhaps we are already too far gone, in practice, delivery, sentiment, and process of thought to think a reduction of the chasm between ideologies could be achieved for a common good. But I still dream.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:00 am I think there should be a response in kind, but also a statement (proclamation) that although the same game is being played, it is being done so to different ends, with the ultimate goal of unifying thought instead of further fragmentation.

Perhaps we are already too far gone, in practice, delivery, sentiment, and process of thought to think a reduction of the chasm between ideologies could be achieved for a common good. But I still dream.
But repudiating Trump and his ridiculously predictable idiotic schtick is part of getting people back together. He is not party of unity. People have to be shown the truth. He is not interested at all in comity.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Right, that’s the response in kind. It should be hard hitting and fact checked before entered into to be above (rational) recuse.

Again, this should not be done in a vacuum.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if you listen to some of the regulars at trump’s rally’s, in addition to likely taking on a bit of depression about humanity in general, you’ll also quickly realize that there are plenty out there that are too far gone for rehabilitation
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:10 pm if you listen to some of the regulars at trump’s rally’s, in addition to likely taking on a bit of depression about humanity in general, you’ll also quickly realize that there are plenty out there that are too far gone for rehabilitation
Unfortunately, that’s not entirely one-sided. Can’t focus on fringe elements, though, other than to neutralize and reposition away from your own sect of such folk. I’m not a proponent of the whole, ‘ yeah, but other kids’ type argument. At the end of the day, one’s own moral compass is one’s own, and as long as the dems don’t allow themselves to get bullied, which again, is the respond in mind phrasing, I’m good with it.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

And for the record, I’ve been watching trump’s penn rally today.

And like Leonard’s (from The Big Bang Theory) mom says when she orgasms, ‘yikes’.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:39 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:10 pm if you listen to some of the regulars at trump’s rally’s, in addition to likely taking on a bit of depression about humanity in general, you’ll also quickly realize that there are plenty out there that are too far gone for rehabilitation
Unfortunately, that’s not entirely one-sided. Can’t focus on fringe elements, though, other than to neutralize and reposition away from your own sect of such folk. I’m not a proponent of the whole, ‘ yeah, but other kids’ type argument. At the end of the day, one’s own moral compass is one’s own, and as long as the dems don’t allow themselves to get bullied, which again, is the respond in mind phrasing, I’m good with it.
nothing to do with morals

it’s detachment from facts, and i get your point, but there’s crazy based off of differences of opinion and then there’s crazy based on complete falsehoods
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:46 pm And for the record, I’ve been watching trump’s penn rally today.

And like Leonard’s (from The Big Bang Theory) mom says when she orgasms, ‘yikes’.
i watched 10 minutes, which was enough to know it’s more of the same carnival barker nonsense
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:55 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:39 pm
nothing to do with morals

it’s detachment from facts, and i get your point, but there’s crazy based off of differences of opinion and then there’s crazy based on complete falsehoods
Ii get what you are saying too, but it all points back to personal choices on how to respond to situations, which, I believe, when confronting those with whom we don’t don’t agree has a lot to do with one’s own morals. In this case, the compass of the Dem party, as a whole.

Like I said, respond in kind to the fact less claims, but don’t so with a strong moral fiber, or with truths you can defend.

I don’t mean respond in kind by being fact less, if that’s how you are reading what I’m saying. Go for the jugular with personal attacks, but make them substantive and truth based, while at the same time dismantling their untruths.

I’m pretty sure we are saying about the same thing, just in slightly different fashion, and I don’t care to continue this conversation, so I’ll just finish my piece by saying I hope she fucks him up at first debate, but hopefully equally she doesn’t succumb to a simple mudslinging exercise.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Finally pandering to that Qusdahl vote