KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Who Is Banned?

Post by KUTradition »

nearly every

fucking

thread

some things never change. it’s like she people are unable or unwilling to learn
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:15 am every

fucking

thread

Always the victim.

Have you not noticed you're ALWAYS in the middle of these interactions you complain about? Are you oblivious? Doesn't matter if it's me, or randy, or mich, or Q, etc etc etc.

You misunderstood my post, then were rude to me about your misunderstanding of the post, then blamed me....and are now melting down. In every thread.

My god. Some of you are just miserable people and THIS is exactly the interaction you're looking for. Especially TRAD.

You're right, some things never change.

I'll see myself out again. Not sure what I was thinking.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:32 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:15 am every

fucking

thread

Always the victim.

Have you not noticed you're ALWAYS in the middle of these interactions you complain about? Are you oblivious? Doesn't matter if it's me, or randy, or mich, or Q, etc etc etc.

You misunderstood my post, then were rude to me about your misunderstanding of the post, then blamed me....and are now melting down. In every thread.

My god. Some of you are just miserable people and THIS is exactly the interaction you're looking for. Especially TRAD.

You're right, some things never change.

I'll see myself out again. Not sure what I was thinking.
Bye
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

cassandra = ?

(talking covid and george floyd…i’m guessing 9/11 and tow-truck drivers might be on the horizon)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think she’s that babely lead singer of Crucial Taunt
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Holy shit.

Housing crash thread?

More like illy crash thread.

Dude’s melting down even faster than an ice cream pie left out in the August sun.

This winter, or sooner!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:22 pm Holy shit.

Housing crash thread?

More like illy crash thread.

Dude’s melting down even faster than an ice cream pie left out in the August sun.

This winter, or sooner!
Not really. I was attempting to help inform you of ways that communities help entice development in certain areas for certain segments of the population.

This post by you seems much more melt downy than anything I've posted today.

This type of post is why almost nobody other than B2L engages with you or defends how you're treated around here.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I definitely think I’m right.

There’s a piling on factor when in comes to Ous, much like with other posters.

I don’t think Ous is right in how he picks at shit, and I’ve told him that, too.

I don’t mind how you referenced me here, but please do so in a complete manner, and not a selective one.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I could be wrong, but I think you (B2L) weren't around (actively) for th3 last 2 or 3 years until your recent return? Ita possible you missed the activity and ridiculousness of ous' posts that have led to the animosity that you've seen here these days.

It didn't just happen overnight and it's not unwarranted. There's a long history there and gradual build up to become what you see today.

Maybe you already know that, maybe not, I don't know. My worthless 2 cents
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I saw some of it. I was here most of the time, just didn’t read hardly any of poli bored, where I think most of it went down.

When I tried to fill myself in, it looks like many target him based on his opinions on things, which is why it seems to be group-think (piling on) to me.

I realize I could be wrong, but I think both sides of the equation, ous and then anyone else, are both acting silly.

At end of day, he probably needs to go away for a couple months and come back. Right, wrong, or indifferent.

After all, Illy was (is) the most obnoxious poster on this site of all time, but has mostly put such behavior in check, whether it being due to an epiphany of sorts as he claims, or his state-appointed medical team getting his pill combination spot on at long last.

I’d guess the latter is more likely, but who’s to say? Haha. Just bustin balls, Illy (I think).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If you didn't read the poli board you didn't see 90% of it. The other board bleed over came later.

again, not that you need or asked for my break down of events.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:13 pm If you didn't read the poli board you didn't see 90% of it. The other board bleed over came later.

again, not that you need or asked for my break down of events.
I’ll just say as someone with real opinion about either Ous or anyone on ‘the other side’ of the argument, the argument is past tiresome to read. I’m glad several posters have stopped responding to him, in full. I wish others would as well.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:20 pm I don’t mind how you referenced me here, but please do so in a complete manner, and not a selective one.
Sorry if it seemed like a shot at you. It wasn't. Truthfully more of a compliment or testament to how patient and kind you are to him due to your friendship on and off the boards. And you still keep it real and tell him he's wrong if you think it needs being said. I can respect that. A lot.

Yes, he gets piled on. 100%. Just like I used to. And I deserved it. And so does he. 100%.

His running to this thread to say I was melting down by trying to help inform him (yes my mistake), is a prime example of why he gets piled on and treated like an idiot. And he'd never be able to convince me he's well versed in opportunity zones or tax abatement programs that drive development, because why would he be.

He also refuses to admit when he's wrong the vast majority of the time. And he's wrong frequently.

He does what I have been guilty of numerous times (hundreds, maybe thousands of times) in the past, which is try to be the main facilitator of a topic he doesn't take the time to understand and even a basic level. So many elementary hot takes and jumping to conclusions.

He brings this all on himself at this point.

This is the most friendly environment the board (under any of its names) has ever had in the decade long time I've been around. And he's struggling at a historic level.

I feel bad for him. I think he's very unhappy and is in desperate need of attention, even negative attention. It's sad.

He seems like he is a decent dude on some level, as evidenced by how you and some of the others who have met him in real life speak of him (or used to). But as we've all gotten older and more mature, he still seems stuck as the HS class clown. Only now he tries to be insightful and intellectual about things others seem to know a hell of a lot more about than him.

And unfortunately it doesn't just stop at the politics board. He has awful and frequently negative takes about our basketball players. Another thing he doesn't seem to understand very well.

I want it to get better for him. But he's going to have to change. And probably take a long break so that others have time to let the annoyingness wear off. It's not everyone else's job to ignore him when he's posting stupid shit constantly.

I am speaking from experience here.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Full disclosure: you (illy) are the only poster I’ve ever put on ignore (any have been since you came back with this nickname).

Sorry, but when he says just put him on ignore and it would solve a lot, he’s not wrong.

I totally get how he seems to have a need to poke the embers of the fire, and how annoying that is. The ignore option, here, though, could act as the oxygen button, and by turn on here, his fuel source for such prodding would be gone.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:08 pm I’d guess the latter is more likely, but who’s to say? Haha. Just bustin balls, Illy (I think).
LOL

I think it was a combination of things. Non medical, as I don't take medicine. Unless we are considering smoking some weed medicine, which I've always done.

Growing up and becoming more mature was a big part of it (big difference in attitude and behavior from 25ish to 37ish). The ability to let things go. Admit when I was/am wrong. Not feeling the need to comment on things I understand at an inferior level than those involved in discussion.

Not feeling the need to be a contrarian about things I only had basic understanding of had a big part of it as well. There are some highly intelligent people on here. Realizing, unless it's about golf or real estate, I am not one of them, has been a big part of it.

Not sitting at a desk job twiddling my thumbs many days with hours (and hours) to burn has been a big part of it. I still have plenty of free time, as evidenced by my golfing schedule. But it's a different kind of life day in and day out.

I think he's lonely and this is a nice escape for him. But things are slower around here nowadays without PhD, CnB, Hawklin, and several others. So he almost let's himself gets sucked into threads he has no business being in because he "wants to talk".
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I miss CnB. Mostly bc he and Fish were so wonderful on the baseball board, and that’s mostly gone now, as Fish doesn’t post there much. I don’t always agree with what he says, but his points of view almost always come from a good base of knowledge.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:29 pm Full disclosure: you (illy) are the only poster I’ve ever put on ignore (any have been since you came back with this nickname).

Sorry, but when he says just put him on ignore and it would solve a lot, he’s not wrong.

I totally get how he seems to have a need to poke the embers of the fire, and how annoying that is. The ignore option, here, though, could act as the oxygen button, and by turn on here, his fuel source for such prodding would be gone.
Totally fair. And I don't blame you for ignoring me in the past (or future if I deserve it).

I think whole thing with the "ignore button him" is that he's not really bothering any of us in that way. He's the one most bothered by the response he gets because people have stopped giving him a free pass for dumb posts. Which they did for a year or so after his change in personality. But we are almost on year 3 of the big meltdown war thread that has brought most of this on him.

And BTW, I agree the discussion portion about him is tiresome. And I have already elaborated more than enough. I guess I keep hoping something clicks and helps? That's probably wildly optimistic.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:41 pm
And BTW, I agree the discussion portion about him is tiresome. And I have already elaborated more than enough. I guess I keep hoping something clicks and helps? That's probably wildly optimistic.
The ignore button is a solution to that, lol.

It’s not your job to teach him a lesson any more than it was for us to teach you one. And really, did anything ever really click for you in real-time from any response you ever got here? It seems not.

There’s an expression about eating a dead horse that’s brown or something like that, that comes to mind.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:33 pm
I've been trying to be nice (to Ous).
if this is illy trying to be nice, then I sure don't wanna see him trying to be mean.
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:35 pm
You could, if you were motived and competent...(you're not)
if you decided to get off your ass
you're so far detached from reality
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:49 pm to fuck offs like Ousdahl.
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:22 pm he's posting stupid shit constantly.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:27 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:33 pm
I've been trying to be nice (to Ous).
if this is illy trying to be nice, then I sure don't wanna see him trying to be mean.
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:35 pm
You could, if you were motived and competent...(you're not)
if you decided to get off your ass
you're so far detached from reality
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:49 pm to fuck offs like Ousdahl.
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:22 pm he's posting stupid shit constantly.
No offense, but sometimes the truth hurts.

You're not competent in building and/or residential development. You're not motivated to learn to be competent in those things (people have literally offered iirc), or motivated to fix these housing issues you're very concerned about by doing something other than messagboard advocacy.

Fuck offs was mean. Sorry. But is it sort of true? I guess I don't know for sure. If it makes you feel better, I consider myself a fuck off too. I've literally spent the last decade of my life getting myself into a position where I can fuck off and have fun the majority of the time....and that's after being a complete fuck off for the first 24ish years of my life. I'm a productive fuck off now. I'm not a grinder (work wise). Fucking off makes me happy. I grinded for a bit, worked my way up the ladder, got into the good graces of my bosses, and now I can fuck off because I make them enough money that they don't care to micromanage me. When an opportunity presents itself you've got to seize it. Maybe this affordable housing issue is your opportunity? My dipshit cousin who isn't half as smart as you started a roofing company after hail storms and tornados in the central IL and St Louis areas created a massive need for roofing companies. Now, he's a shitty roofer (i wouldnt hire him to do mine), and he won't survive 5 years doing this, but he's made a shit load of money in the last 2 years. I work with all sorts of builders and developers (they aren't all rocket scientists). With some motivation, effort, and guidance from contacts I'm fairly certain exist for you (some on here), I am confident you could build a few apartment buildings and make some money. AND help fix the affordable housing crisis in your area that you're passionate about.

The phrase get off your ass was mean. Sorry. I should have said if you were willing to take things into your own hands instead of waiting on others to fix the issues you're passionate about.

You do post stupid shit constantly. That's not really mean, it's just a fact.