Contributor

Re: Violence

Post by Sparko »

Espionage charges will de-fang the Yam Yeti
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://www.newsweek.com/storm-capitol- ... rs-1857192
"Storm the Capitol — TrueAnon Edition" will be available for purchase beginning Saturday, which marks the third anniversary of the attack on the Capitol. The limited edition game, which is designed for 4 to 7 adult players and is being sold for $64.99, is based on the events that unfolded on January 6 and allows players to "Relive one of the funniest days in American history!"

"Take control of one of 6 Patriots as you battle through the Capitol, collecting ballots, taking hostages, and fighting the police. Or play as the Capitol Police and use every means at your disposal to prevent the Patriots from getting to the roof with enough ballots to Stop the Steal," the game's website states.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sadly, having watched "conservative" Republicans blow their various and sundry bigoted dog whistles, too numerous to mention, for decade after decade, the researchers could have asked me and saved themselves a lot of trouble and expense.

More's the pity.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:31 am those silly Turks

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... -fistfight
My son-in-law is half Turkish, and his father, who was born in Turkey, is a great cook, as is my SIL. Of course, I forwarded this to him and his family.

Because he has dual citizenship and Turkey has a mandatory 2-year service requirement, after traveling to Turkey many times with his father as a child, he quit going between his 18th and 40th birthdays, to avoid the possibility of having his passport confiscated and being conscripted to serve his required 2-years of service.
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Semantics but also serious.

Isn’t it Türkiye now? As Kiev is Kyiv.

Seems to be an editorial (political) choice as to which to use in each instance.

Although, using this logic, I’m sure some would call the country Asia Minor.

I dunno.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:48 am Semantics but also serious.

Seems to be an editorial (political) choice as to which to use in each instance.

I dunno.
I think it is all a Trojan Horse to get us ready for the Anatolian Peninsula campaign.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Ooooh, I like!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:48 am Semantics but also serious.

I dunno.
The official conventional long-form and short-form names remain “Republic of Turkey” and “Turkey”, respectively. “Republic of Türkiye” should be used in formal and diplomatic contexts. The conventional names may be used in place of or alongside “Türkiye” in appropriate instances, including U.S. government cartographic products, as it is more widely understood by the American public...
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

So most people are too dumb to call Turkey Türkiye, but when Adam wants to be called Eve, we better call eve by her proper name?

This world is dumb.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I was approached by a militia group about joining in 2009.

I tried to get some information about what exactly they were planning. They were extremely organized and tight lipped. Which I found to be a result of extensive military or high level law enforcement training.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:33 am I was approached by a militia group about joining in 2009.

I tried to get some information about what exactly they were planning. They were extremely organized and tight lipped. Which I found to be a result of extensive military or high level law enforcement training.
Couldn't help but think yesterday - what would all these law enforcement people I saw be doing if they weren't law enforcement people - and what would happen if they were to pull a 180 and become the "bad guys". Game over for us citizens? Our "government"? Our country? How could/would it not be?

I purposely didn't attempt to go see the "protesters" yesterday.
My 2 cents.
Strength in numbers. Ok, but unless they do something to disrupt in a manner that truly makes a difference, they really have little strength - no matter if it's 1 person or a million people who are "marching" and protesting together.
Therefore, there are fuckers who are specifically out to try and fuck shit up. The ones who instigate the “From the river to the sea, shut down the DNC.” chants. Talk is cheap.
I'm waiting for the "professionals" to start doing their thing/s. The ones who aren't really "protesting" anything and are being paid substantially to wreak havoc.

This is cringe worthy. A person who would be beaten to a pulp by "law enforcement" in Gaza for simply being who/what he/she/it is - and especially for doing what he/she/it is doing in this video.
https://twitter.com/TimcastNews/status/ ... 6753150158

On a side note, I ran in to a guy I used to work with at the CBOE at around 5:15pm yesterday.
He is a high IQ dude. Currently a Professor at Northwestern (I know - Psych is a college professor too :? ). The guy hates Dems. Doesn't have the balls to tell me how he feels about specific people in the city (such as my relative) but had no problem telling me this in regards to the Dems and the convention - "Fuck them all, I hope this city gets destroyed".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:58 am
smh
When you convince yourself that you are the good guys in the fight between good and evil based on BS and lies then you apparently have no problem justifying being a traitor to your nation.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:17 am
Shirley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:58 am
smh
When you convince yourself that you are the good guys in the fight between good and evil based on BS and lies then you apparently have no problem justifying being a traitor to your nation.
It's easier when you KNOW you're right:

“I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

Senator and Republican candidate for president, Barry Goldwater, 8/11/64
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:15 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:33 am I was approached by a militia group about joining in 2009.

Couldn't help but think yesterday - what would all these law enforcement people I saw be doing if they weren't law enforcement people - and what would happen if they were to pull a 180 and become the "bad guys". Game over for us citizens? Our "government"? Our country? How could/would it not be?

I purposely didn't attempt to go see the "protesters" yesterday.
My 2 cents.
Strength in numbers. Ok, but unless they do something to disrupt in a manner that truly makes a difference, they really have little strength - no matter if it's 1 person or a million people who are "marching" and protesting together.
Therefore, there are fuckers who are specifically out to try and fuck shit up. The ones who instigate the “From the river to the sea, shut down the DNC.” chants. Talk is cheap.
I'm waiting for the "professionals" to start doing their thing/s. The ones who aren't really "protesting" anything and are being paid substantially to wreak havoc.

This is cringe worthy. A person who would be beaten to a pulp by "law enforcement" in Gaza for simply being who/what he/she/it is - and especially for doing what he/she/it is doing in this video.
https://twitter.com/TimcastNews/status/ ... 6753150158

On a side note, I ran in to a guy I used to work with at the CBOE at around 5:15pm yesterday.
He is a high IQ dude. Currently a Professor at Northwestern (I know - Psych is a college professor too :? ). The guy hates Dems. Doesn't have the balls to tell me how he feels about specific people in the city (such as my relative) but had no problem telling me this in regards to the Dems and the convention - "Fuck them all, I hope this city gets destroyed".
She seems nice
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

trump hosting bedminster fundraiser for j6 defendants

too bad psych is broke
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:11 pm trump hosting bedminster fundraiser for j6 defendants

too bad psych is broke
He is fine. Working a second shift at the Waffle House.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy