trumpty plumpty

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: trumpty plumpty

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:36 pm Meanwhile, Truth Social - DJT stock is down to $21.4 as trumpty posts on X. He still has a month to go on his "lock up" agreement. Will he liquidate and leave his cult holding the bag?
He invested zero dollars and should be arrested for bribery. But he'll cash out. No moral compass. Can you imagine liking somebody that dirty?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:48 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:36 pm Meanwhile, Truth Social - DJT stock is down to $21.4 as trumpty posts on X. He still has a month to go on his "lock up" agreement. Will he liquidate and leave his cult holding the bag?
He invested zero dollars and should be arrested for bribery. But he'll cash out. No moral compass. Can you imagine liking somebody that dirty?
That's been his MO for his whole criminal career.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:09 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:48 pm
That's been his MO for his whole criminal career.
You just don’t get it..do you?

He doesn’t need the money.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Former President Donald Trump stood before the media on Tuesday afternoon to lie about crime. This isn’t the first time he has fabricated fictions about violent immigrants streaming across the border or cities under an onslaught of criminally violent minorities, crumbling pillars of the Republican case against Vice President Kamala Harris. But it was the setting, outside the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office in Howell, Michigan, that infused his rambling with an even darker undertone than normal.

I don’t remember when I first learned about Howell’s association with the Ku Klux Klan. I’m not a native of Michigan; my family moved there the year I turned 12. But by the time I was in college, it was a readily understood “joke” among my friends that there’d be no stopping for gas in Howell if I was in the car. I would stare at the signage on the interstate as we’d cruise past, grateful the tank was nowhere near empty.

In the 1970s and ’80s, at the peak of the city’s links to the white supremacist movement, Robert Miles, the grand dragon of the Ku Klux Klan, had a Howell mailing address and was known to hold rallies on a nearby farm property. Black residents of nearby Detroit knew full well not to set foot in the town, a belief that — if it hasn’t expired — lasted at minimum deep into the early 2000s.

The city has worked hard to shake that association with hate movements, a project that was damaged last month during a previous Trump visit to Michigan. Though the campaign rally held that day was across the state in Grand Rapids, a small group of masked white supremacists marched through downtown Howell chanting “Heil Hitler.” Later that day, another demonstration was held on a highway overpass, featuring a swastika flag and people chanting, “We love Hitler. We love Trump.”

I want to stress that this was only a dozen or so racists and that the city’s officials don’t support the hatefulness that was displayed. “Although we recognize their right to free speech, these demonstrators do not reflect the values of the Howell community,” the city said in a statement at the time. But it’s not a stretch to say that the men who gathered that day knew the significance of the location they’d picked.

Livingston County Sheriff Mike Murphy tried to de-emphasize the matter in a Facebook post ahead of Trump’s visit. “Within the last month, there’s been a couple of folks that have come here to cause a little bit of a stir, spew some hate speech, white supremacy crap,” he said in the video. He also denied that Trump’s appearance was meant to be a political event, calling it a “press conference,” instead.

Notably, though, Trump didn’t take a single question from the assembled reporters after delivering his remarks, which sounded like his usual stump speech sprinkled with a few dodgy statistics. I’ve been unable to figure out whose figures he was supposedly citing when he claimed that crime had spiked since Vice President Kamala Harris took office. In reality, we’ve seen major declines in violent crime since a peak in 2020, both across the country and especially in Detroit.
But the supposed statistics he was offering were less important than the rhetoric surrounding them. This was an audience that Trump wanted to hear this particular diatribe.

Like his presidency, Trump’s presidential campaigns have always been in a constant state of dissonance between a claimed respect for law and order and a flagrant flouting of the rule of law. He has been quick to sidle up to the police and stoke their belief that any mention of accountability is a grave attack upon them. In speaking with Murphy and several deputies standing behind him, Trump clearly sought to project strength to a sympathetic audience who would accept his entirely vibes-based argument that there’s a “Kamala crime wave.”

The thing is, though, that’s a point that Trump could have made standing in front of SUVs emblazoned with a sheriff’s logo in any small town in any swing state in the country. Howell’s history, both long-term and recent, sets it apart.

The same could be easily said about Trump’s decision to hold a rally in Waco, Texas, to defend the Jan. 6 rioters. It was likewise similar to presidential candidate Ronald Reagan’s choice in 1980 to give a speech about state’s rights at the Neshoba County Fair in Mississippi. Neshoba is the county where civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwerner and James Chaney had been kidnapped and murdered 16 years earlier. Reagan made the deliberate choice to speak there to win over lingering segregationists in the state.

There is no world in which Trump’s team didn’t understand the significance of holding that event in Howell. That he did so is to the great detriment of the people who have worked to show they now outnumber the cowards who chanted antisemitic comments and expressed support for Trump from behind masks last month. Howell is not the place it was in the 1970s and ’80s — but as we saw last month, there are people who hope that it can be again if Trump is returned to leadership. They chanted, “We love Hitler. We love Trump.” Trump hasn’t even condemned them.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:33 am
Former President Donald Trump stood before the media on Tuesday afternoon to lie about crime. This isn’t the first time he has fabricated fictions about violent immigrants streaming across the border or cities under an onslaught of criminally violent minorities, crumbling pillars of the Republican case against Vice President Kamala Harris. But it was the setting, outside the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office in Howell, Michigan, that infused his rambling with an even darker undertone than normal.

I don’t remember when I first learned about Howell’s association with the Ku Klux Klan. I’m not a native of Michigan; my family moved there the year I turned 12. But by the time I was in college, it was a readily understood “joke” among my friends that there’d be no stopping for gas in Howell if I was in the car. I would stare at the signage on the interstate as we’d cruise past, grateful the tank was nowhere near empty.

In the 1970s and ’80s, at the peak of the city’s links to the white supremacist movement, Robert Miles, the grand dragon of the Ku Klux Klan, had a Howell mailing address and was known to hold rallies on a nearby farm property. Black residents of nearby Detroit knew full well not to set foot in the town, a belief that — if it hasn’t expired — lasted at minimum deep into the early 2000s.

The city has worked hard to shake that association with hate movements, a project that was damaged last month during a previous Trump visit to Michigan. Though the campaign rally held that day was across the state in Grand Rapids, a small group of masked white supremacists marched through downtown Howell chanting “Heil Hitler.” Later that day, another demonstration was held on a highway overpass, featuring a swastika flag and people chanting, “We love Hitler. We love Trump.”

I want to stress that this was only a dozen or so racists and that the city’s officials don’t support the hatefulness that was displayed. “Although we recognize their right to free speech, these demonstrators do not reflect the values of the Howell community,” the city said in a statement at the time. But it’s not a stretch to say that the men who gathered that day knew the significance of the location they’d picked.

Livingston County Sheriff Mike Murphy tried to de-emphasize the matter in a Facebook post ahead of Trump’s visit. “Within the last month, there’s been a couple of folks that have come here to cause a little bit of a stir, spew some hate speech, white supremacy crap,” he said in the video. He also denied that Trump’s appearance was meant to be a political event, calling it a “press conference,” instead.

Notably, though, Trump didn’t take a single question from the assembled reporters after delivering his remarks, which sounded like his usual stump speech sprinkled with a few dodgy statistics. I’ve been unable to figure out whose figures he was supposedly citing when he claimed that crime had spiked since Vice President Kamala Harris took office. In reality, we’ve seen major declines in violent crime since a peak in 2020, both across the country and especially in Detroit.
But the supposed statistics he was offering were less important than the rhetoric surrounding them. This was an audience that Trump wanted to hear this particular diatribe.

Like his presidency, Trump’s presidential campaigns have always been in a constant state of dissonance between a claimed respect for law and order and a flagrant flouting of the rule of law. He has been quick to sidle up to the police and stoke their belief that any mention of accountability is a grave attack upon them. In speaking with Murphy and several deputies standing behind him, Trump clearly sought to project strength to a sympathetic audience who would accept his entirely vibes-based argument that there’s a “Kamala crime wave.”

The thing is, though, that’s a point that Trump could have made standing in front of SUVs emblazoned with a sheriff’s logo in any small town in any swing state in the country. Howell’s history, both long-term and recent, sets it apart.

The same could be easily said about Trump’s decision to hold a rally in Waco, Texas, to defend the Jan. 6 rioters. It was likewise similar to presidential candidate Ronald Reagan’s choice in 1980 to give a speech about state’s rights at the Neshoba County Fair in Mississippi. Neshoba is the county where civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwerner and James Chaney had been kidnapped and murdered 16 years earlier. Reagan made the deliberate choice to speak there to win over lingering segregationists in the state.

There is no world in which Trump’s team didn’t understand the significance of holding that event in Howell. That he did so is to the great detriment of the people who have worked to show they now outnumber the cowards who chanted antisemitic comments and expressed support for Trump from behind masks last month. Howell is not the place it was in the 1970s and ’80s — but as we saw last month, there are people who hope that it can be again if Trump is returned to leadership. They chanted, “We love Hitler. We love Trump.” Trump hasn’t even condemned them.
A Republican playing on the race-based fears of White Americans? Say it isn't so!

Many's the time Seahawk and I were mocked and challenged here when we pointed out Reagan's blatant pandering to racists by holding his first rally after receiving the Republican nomination where they were only too, too happy to hear him echo the soon to become well-worn Republican dogwhistle of promising to promote "states rights", which is code for: "Elect us, and we'll let you keep your niggers down."

And don't be fooled into thinking this was a "new' or "novel" strategy on Reagan's part. That it was so blatantly obvious was at the time shocking, but the Republican Party's Southern Strategy had been gearing up to convert southern Whites to Republican based on appealing to their racism in the aftermath of Democrat LBJ's signing the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts in '64 and '65, for well over a decade by 1980.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Damn these fact checkers! Why are they picking on his whiny bitch ass?
As Donald Trump returned to Michigan to speak about crime, he deliberately ignored the truth: Crime is down.

Standing under a banner that read “Make America Safe Again” on Tuesday, Trump spoke about law and order and a so-called “Kamala crime wave” occurring at levels “nobody has ever seen before.” But when journalists tried to ask him about that claim, he got scared.

According to The Detroit News, the Trump team had originally agreed to sit down for an interview with their newspaper Tuesday. However, after reporters pushed the former president about spreading lies about Michigan’s crime data, “a campaign aide said the presidential candidate no longer had time for an interview after the speech.”

Data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation doesn’t show any crime wave phenomenon. In the two years since the former president left office, violent crime has continued to drop and return to pre-pandemic levels.

Michigan specific data also fails to show any spike in violent crime under a Democratic administration. Homicides in Detroit are down to their lowest total since 1966, according to police data reviewed by The Detroit News. But Trump doesn’t want to talk about that. So much so that he’s dodging interviews with local journalists about crime.
Has anyone seen the videos of trumpty lately? He looks really old and tired. Is he healthy enough to be president?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:52 pm Damn these fact checkers! Why are they picking on his whiny bitch ass?
As Donald Trump returned to Michigan to speak about crime, he deliberately ignored the truth: Crime is down.

Standing under a banner that read “Make America Safe Again” on Tuesday, Trump spoke about law and order and a so-called “Kamala crime wave” occurring at levels “nobody has ever seen before.” But when journalists tried to ask him about that claim, he got scared.

According to The Detroit News, the Trump team had originally agreed to sit down for an interview with their newspaper Tuesday. However, after reporters pushed the former president about spreading lies about Michigan’s crime data, “a campaign aide said the presidential candidate no longer had time for an interview after the speech.”

Data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation doesn’t show any crime wave phenomenon. In the two years since the former president left office, violent crime has continued to drop and return to pre-pandemic levels.

Michigan specific data also fails to show any spike in violent crime under a Democratic administration. Homicides in Detroit are down to their lowest total since 1966, according to police data reviewed by The Detroit News. But Trump doesn’t want to talk about that. So much so that he’s dodging interviews with local journalists about crime.
Has anyone seen the videos of trumpty lately? He looks really old and tired. Is he healthy enough to be president?
What a generously high bar.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who knew getting a loaf of bread was fraught with such danger? shootings, robberies, and rapings…all while getting some Dave’s
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:23 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:33 am

A Republican playing on the race-based fears of White Americans? Say it isn't so!

Many's the time Seahawk and I were mocked and challenged here when we pointed out Reagan's blatant pandering to racists by holding his first rally after receiving the Republican nomination where they were only too, too happy to hear him echo the soon to become well-worn Republican dogwhistle of promising to promote "states rights", which is code for: "Elect us, and we'll let you keep your niggers down."

And don't be fooled into thinking this was a "new' or "novel" strategy on Reagan's part. That it was so blatantly obvious was at the time shocking, but the Republican Party's Southern Strategy had been gearing up to convert southern Whites to Republican based on appealing to their racism in the aftermath of Democrat LBJ's signing the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts in '64 and '65, for well over a decade by 1980.
pattern, not coincidence…

As a matter of fact, Trump is set to speak Wednesday in Asheboro, North Carolina, where members of a pro-Trump chapter of the KKK sought to hold a cross-burning in 2017.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pussy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:15 pm According to The Detroit News, the Trump team had originally agreed to sit down for an interview with their newspaper Tuesday. However, after reporters pushed the former president about spreading lies about Michigan’s crime data, “a campaign aide said the presidential candidate no longer had time for an interview after the speech.”

pussy
A lion/lyin pussy.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Bro, we broke up with you for a reason.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:13 pm Bro, we broke up with you for a reason.
But he broke out of prison and is holding our mom and sister hostage because he loves us so much.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:02 pm
But he broke out of prison and is holding our mom and sister hostage because he loves us so much.
But he keeps talking about wanting to fuck his own daughter. The incest is just too weirdly sick.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:53 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:02 pm
But he keeps talking about wanting to fuck his own daughter. The incest is just too weirdly sick.
Speaking of plastic surgeons who deserve props.
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Not a fan of Legend's lapels.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:07 pm Not a fan of Legend's lapels.
Homage to Prince I think
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Tonights edition of you can't make this shit up.

JD
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1826475162243662159

and....
Donnie
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:26 pm Tonights edition of you can't make this shit up.

JD
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1826475162243662159

and....
Donnie
I have my thoughts, but I’m curious to know who (if anyone) you think Don’s message here really reaches in a positive way.

And just so we are on the same page - Don thinks he’s done more for black people than any President besides Lincoln, and more for Israel than “any person.”

Let us not overlook - if this was our loved one, we’d be taking the keys and figuring out how to pay for assisted living.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

trumpty dumpty is losing his mind over the attention and the enthusiasm and the ratings the DNC celebration of wholesome American values is getting.

Coach Walz standing on the stage with his family and friends and former students was a stark contrast to the RNC. The Walz family is genuine, they are the family next door. Coach Walz is our favorite high school teacher. Most of us have met or know someone like him. And to this day we still respect and remember them. And now he is the Gov of MN and about to become VP. He is the embodiment of the idea of America, the ideal of America, the promise of America.

That has to burn the GOP ticket. Someone this "common" is about to beat them.

We can trust Walz to try to do the right thing.

We know trumpty will only do what is best for him. The will and wants and needs of 325 million people will always be secondary to what trumpty wants and his whims at the moment. That is how his life has been lived and he feels entitled to it. The fact that 81M Americans rejected his advances will forever haunt him and he wants to make us pay for the slight. That is what his whole 2024 platform boils down to, he wants to makes us pay for our rejection of him. It's personal.

Except for me of course. He wants to give me another muthafuckin tax cut! And I fuckin deserve it, but I will try and follow Coach Walz example and push some of you poor sorry bastards out of the snowbank first, and then get back to building my Empire.