Robert f Kennedy jr

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by KUTradition »

if you can’t even convince your own family…

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/robert-f ... e-13201857

”We want an America filled with hope and bound together by a shared vision of a brighter future, a future defined by individual freedom, economic promise and national pride.”

"We believe in Harris and Walz.

"Our brother Bobby's decision to endorse Trump today is a betrayal of the values that our father and our family hold most dear.

"It is a sad ending to a sad story."
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:21 pm if you can’t even convince your own family…

”We want an America filled with hope and bound together by a shared vision of a brighter future, a future defined by individual freedom, economic promise and national pride.”

"Our brother Bobby's decision to endorse Trump today is a betrayal of the values that our father and our family hold most dear.

Echoes of the stark contrast between the RNC and DNC.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rnc-speakers-2024/

I will admit to not knowing (or having the desire to look into) whether each such luminary along the lines of "Tom Homan, former acting ICE director" was a member of the Trump administration or a prior R administration (although "acting" probably gives off a clue).

But the fact that Trump does not have the support of ANY former R President or VP, or (as far as I can tell) ANY Cabinet-level official from any other R administration (or even from more than a handful of his OWN), is certainly signifying.

To say nothing of his or any former First or Second Lady. At a time when the Trump/Vance ticket is getting (justifiably!) killed for its outlook on women's rights and roles.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:47 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:21 pm if you can’t even convince your own family…

Echoes of the stark contrast between the RNC and DNC.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rnc-speakers-2024/

I will admit to not knowing (or having the desire to look into) whether each such luminary along the lines of "Tom Homan, former acting ICE director" was a member of the Trump administration or a prior R administration (although "acting" probably gives off a clue).

But the fact that Trump does not have the support of ANY former R President or VP, or (as far as I can tell) ANY Cabinet-level official from any other R administration (or even from more than a handful of his OWN), is certainly signifying.

To say nothing of his or any former First or Second Lady. At a time when the Trump/Vance ticket is getting (justifiably!) killed for its outlook on women's rights and roles.
Most conservatives want nothing to do with the RINO party, so an endorsement from the likes of Bush or Romney or Pence is not a good thing. They’re all Deep State dupes like Brandon and Giggles and are beneath contempt.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

giggle
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:00 pmgiggle
Sez the guy whose candidate just got kneecapped on top of already being a dimwit responsible for a train wreck of an economy.

Lulz.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

flailing

giggle
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Deep state, a huge part of the comfort zone!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:03 pm we haven't had a "good choice" in 20 years.
Why wasn't Hillary a good choice in 2016?
Why wasn't Obama a good choice in 2012 (or 2008). Why wasn't Romney a good choice in 2012?
Why wasn't McCain a good choice in 2008?
What wasn't GW Bush a good choice in 2004? Why wasn't Kerry a good choice in 2004?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:09 pm flailing

giggle
Losing bigly.

Lolololol!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:02 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:03 pm we haven't had a "good choice" in 20 years.
Why wasn't Obama a good choice in 2012 (or 2008). Why wasn't Romney a good choice in 2012?
What wasn't GW Bush a good choice in 2004? Why wasn't Kerry a good choice in 2004?
Great points Gutter!

Add, Biden was a great choice in 2020.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:09 pm flailing

giggle
Losing bigly.

Lolololol!
you must be referencing all those imaginary polls trump knows about

:lol:
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

zsn wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:15 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:02 pm
Great points Gutter!

Add, Biden was a great choice in 2020.
I'm torn about Biden. For me, his age was a big concern - that proved to be a justifiable one.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Not just age, but experience. Turned out to be an asset in 2020
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I didn't worry about Biden because of Harris. Trump really declined mentally so he is a dangerous demented sociopath with no restraining influences
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This just in from the WTF? Party
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has dropped out of the presidential race, sort of, leaving his rocky Independent campaign behind and aligning the iconically Democrat name with the Republican party of Donald Trump.

“In an honest system, I believe that I would have won the election,” he said today, running counter to polls but sounding very Trumpian, with talks of “sham” primaries and a “palace coup” against Joe Biden. He castigated Vice President and presidential candidate Kamala Harris for not yet granting media interviews, a common Republican talking point in recent weeks.

Kennedy didn’t quite end his campaign, but says he’s merely suspending it and will remain on ballots in some battleground states. While at one point insisting quixotically that it’s still possible he might end up in the White House, he also said, “In my heart, I no longer believe I have a realistic path to an electoral victory. I am not terminating my campaign. I am simply suspending it.”

At another speech in Arizona, Trump said of Kennedy’s endorsement, “That’s big. He’s a great guy, respected by everybody.”
So in other words he is still playing the spoiler on ballots in some swing States but he is also going to suck up to trumpty plumpty?

This is fuckin awesome! trumpty is as much a rube as his cult. Yes cult members, Lil Bobby is a great guy and you should consider voting for him.
Kennedy’s endorsement of the Republican candidate was not unexpected: Recent reports have him shopping around for a new side to play on, reaching out to both political parties and meeting with members of the Trump team. Kennedy’s campaign recently said he would make a statement on his “path forward” at today’s speech in Phoenix, Arizona. Trump is holding a rally in Glendale, Arizona, later today.

However unsurprising the endorsement is, from a historical perspective, rather remarkable, putting a man with the famously Blue family name into the Red. Today, Kennedy said the Democratic Party “had departed so dramatically from the core values that I grew up with.” He said the causes for his switch were “free speech, the war in Ukraine and the war on our children,” the latter stemming from his debunked anti-vaccine stances.

Although Kennedy encouraged his followers to vote Trump, he said in some states they could vote for either party. The logic was, to say the least, difficult to follow. A commenter on CNN called it “coo coo for Cocoa Puffs” and, quoting Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles, “authentic frontier gibberish.” The official response from the Democratic National Convention called the speech “a bizarre, rambling announcement,” with DNC senior advisor Mary Beth Cahill adding, “The more voters learned about RFK Jr. the less they liked him. Donald Trump isn’t earning an endorsement that’s going to help build support, he’s inheriting the baggage of a failed fringe candidate. Good riddance.”
The weirdest ticket in this election just added to those bonafides by adding the weirdest guy in the race to their posse of oddballs. They can now officially call their ticket, The Three Stooges.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:21 pm I didn't worry about Biden because of Harris. Trump really declined mentally so he is a dangerous demented sociopath with no restraining influences
On a semi related note.....
If 2019 Kamala Harris ran for President against 2015 Mike Pence in 2024 - Who do you think would win?
I said the VP choices very well might be the difference maker/s in the 2024 election. People on here (as well as Donald Trump) have said the VP choice doesn't matter and won't have any impact on the 2024 election.
I alluded to this the other day, and I truly mean it, I feel the best man out of Harris, Walz, Trump, and Vance, is Walz.
I'm going to go ahead and say and admit this - As much as I dislike the man, Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me. Of the several reasons why I will not vote for Trump, J.D. Vance is a strong one.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me.

in what way(s), specifically?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:39 am …Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me.

in what way(s), specifically?
Because we don't have any choices and one transactional, lying, vengful, violent, ignorant, malignant narcissistic Christo-Fascist cult leader who has been granted immunity and who wants to "suspend" the constitution and be a dictator for a day, is the same as the next one.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i know the wishy-washy contrarianism is just gutter, but i’m genuinely curious (despite the laughing emoji)

will electing trump:

-make Chicago safer?

-improve Gutter’s financial situation? how?

-make Chicago and the country as a whole cleaner and healthier?

-improve our standing globally? make the U.S. safer globally?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »