Robert f Kennedy jr

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:33 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:39 am …Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me.

:lol:

in what way(s), specifically?
My Top Ten in No Particular Order

1.) Controlling the border - something Giggles never made even a pretense of doing
2.) Deport those here illegally, taking burden off of local law enforcement, hospitals, and social service agencies so they can care for people who pay taxes and belong here
Just these two statements prove that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

First off, do you recognize that there is a difference between entering the country (il)legally, staying (il)legally and working with(out) authorization? All nine combinations are possible. Of these many categories are a net positive to the economy, and pay more taxes than Trump.

Second, what have the Republicans done to prosecute employers who break the law by hiring unauthorized workers? What have they done to enforce the law already on the books?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:57 am As to the D question - the convention made clear that the Ds have a dozen people who would, in January, make great Presidents. But none had the advantages of Harris, so Harris was the obvious choice. And good on the Ds for just admitting it.
^^^

Imagine the ground we would have lo$t, the wasted time and potential acrimony if Demos had spent the last month gearing up for an open convention, series of "primaries", or whatever would have been concocted to decide on a candidate to run for the next ~ 70 days. Harris was positioned to catch Dem's imaginations and support from the very start, and thank goodness Dems were smart enough to admit it. Instead of wasting a third of the time they had competing with and wasting resources against each other, Harris and Dems have ruled the news cycle for nearly a month and made their Biden problem disappear while energizing their base and amassing hundreds of billions of dollars and inspiring new donors and volunteers in an unprecedented way. And, although 70 days is an eternity in politics, look where Trump, JD, and Republicans are, and it's easy to see momentum is definitely wearing a Blue shirt.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:54 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:39 am …Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me.

:lol:

in what way(s), specifically?

1.) Controlling the border - something Giggles never made even a pretense of doing
2.) Deport those here illegally, taking burden off of local law enforcement, hospitals, and social service agencies so they can care for people who pay taxes and belong here
Just these two statements prove that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

First off, do you recognize that there is a difference between entering the country (il)legally, staying (il)legally and working with(out) authorization? All nine combinations are possible. Of these many categories are a net positive to the economy, and pay more taxes than Trump.

Second, what have the Republicans done to prosecute employers who break the law by hiring unauthorized workers? What have they done to enforce the law already on the books?
This is one of the Dim ploys that annoys me the most. The There Are a Few Minor Exceptions to the Rule Therefore We Can’t Do a Damn Thing argument is ridiculous. You know which illegals are problematic. They need to go, Now.

I also don’t buy the You Aren’t Prosecuting Employers Enough Therefore We Can’t Do a Damn Thing argument. False. Both can be enforced. Now.

But that would foil the Dim voter fraud/grow your own voter base strategy, so I don’t expect anything other than obstruction from your side.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Good ol fashioned name calling.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Psych, you have to be a narcissist yourself to be such a hateful and selfish person. Wow. Dim? Really. And you teach with that mind?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:57 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:11 am

3.) Stop sending billions of dollars to Ukraine and other places that have nothing to do with quality of life here
4.) Use tariffs to ensure that China isn't flooding the market with their goods and to encourage development of domestic manufacturing and job creation
5.) Increase energy independence via refinery expansion and resource exploration
6.) Move away from the Fed and back to a gold standard currency
7.) Not doing asinine things like price controls and giving free money to people for mortgage down payments that have demonstrably been linked to economic disaster
8.) Staying out of conflicts between other nations that have nothing to do with us
9.) Putting Tony Fauci in prison for the rest of his life. It would just make me feel better.
10.) Not having a dimwit, giggling pill head as the spokesperson for our nation
https://taxfoundation.org/blog/tariffs- ... od-prices/

"The economic literature shows that the U.S. import tariffs and subsequent retaliatory tariffs imposed by China and other countries on U.S. agricultural exports have hurt the U.S. agricultural industry and could impact future production, further raising food prices."
And yet they worked just fine in the Trump administration.
Eh, no, they unquestionably did not. You probably need to do a bit of research on your claim.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:46 pm Psych, you have to be a narcissist yourself to be such a hateful and selfish person. Wow. Dim? Really. And you teach with that mind?
Wanting what is best for me and my family is selfish and hateful? No. It’s recognizing that no one else is going to look out for me. It’s called reality.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:20 pm
I also don’t buy the You Aren’t Prosecuting Employers Enough Therefore We Can’t Do a Damn Thing argument. False. Both can be enforced. Now.

But that would foil the Dim voter fraud/grow your own voter base strategy, so I don’t expect anything other than obstruction from your side.
I never said that you can’t do a damn thing. However, why are you focusing only on the worker (deportation) and not on the employer, who is also SIMULTANEOUSLY breaking the law? Can you point me to ONE time when Trump has called for prosecuting errant employers?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:10 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:20 pm

I never said that you can’t do a damn thing. However, why are you focusing only on the worker (deportation) and not on the employer, who is also SIMULTANEOUSLY breaking the law? Can you point me to ONE time when Trump has called for prosecuting errant employers?
I cannot. I do agree with you that it should be enforced both ways.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RFK Kr. and endless drug use out there today. Makes sense. His embrace of Trump feels like rock bottom for the cub-killing drooling sociopath.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:31 am And yet they worked just fine in the Trump administration.

not a serious person

https://taxfoundation.org/research/all/ ... n-tariffs/

tariffs generally suck for prices, regardless of who institutes them

c’mon, you claim to be smarter than this
This go here?
Senator @JDVance is right to say that economists disagree about whether tariffs on Chinese goods raise the price for Americans.

Some "Strongly agree," while others merely "Agree." A few are "Uncertain." It is disgusting that some try to paper over this disagreement.
https://x.com/justinwolfers/status/1827 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I saw her on Psaki's show and omfg, you cannot have grown up in the 60s and not immediately know she's a Kennedy within 1-2 words, with that family cadence, halting rhythm, whatever it's called.

Is there a speech pathologist in the house?

(I tried to research it, but you inevitably get links about RFK Jr's voice with his spasmodic dysphonia, and it's hard to get past them...although I didn't try that hard.)
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Kennedy, he's the dood who collects roadkill and chopped off a whale's head with a chainsaw and then strapped it to the roof of his minivan and drove across MA to bring it home with his 6 year old daughter?

Very normal.

The Repugnican "Three Stooges" are the dream team.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nothing says “normal” more than those 3
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:18 am nothing says “normal” more than those 3
What are the percentage odds for the R ticket being...

...Trump/Vance __%
...Trump/RFK Jr. __%
...Trump/[____] __%
...FIELD __%
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:22 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:18 am nothing says “normal” more than those 3

...Trump/Vance __%
...Trump/RFK Jr. __%
...Trump/[____] __%
...FIELD __%
shall i roll some dice? i thought jd would already be gone

i thought there were deadlines for getting candidates on ballots. not sure how changing up the vp nominee now would work
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:47 am

...Trump/Vance __%
...Trump/RFK Jr. __%
...Trump/[____] __%
...FIELD __%

i thought there were deadlines for getting candidates on ballots. not sure how changing up the vp nominee now would work
The next rule that the GOP decides should apply to Trump, will be the first.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:19 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:47 am

...Trump/Vance __%
...Trump/RFK Jr. __%
...Trump/[____] __%
...FIELD __%

The next rule that the GOP decides should apply to Trump, will be the first.
Really? How many actual votes did Giggles get to make her the official candidate?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You are highlighting the folly of your own argument. Do YOU believe that Vance will be the VP candidate come Election Day?

It is certainly possible. But I’m not certain it’s likely.