Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:13 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:50 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:37 am

In your hypothetical, were they also responsible for wrecking the economy and destroying the country by leaving the border wide open? Cuz that depletes my goodwill significantly.
The border isn't wide open and our country isn't being destroyed. So dramatic. MAGA brainworms have rotted your ability to think clearly.
Only tangentially related, I think one of the many (and linked) reasons Harris/Walz is having so much success is that Joe’s pitch was one-note: forecasting the actual darkness of a second, unchecked Trump term.

That pitch wasn’t wrong.

But it turns out that you can’t effectively counter the (manufactured) darkness that Trump voters have been deceived into believing exists, with only your own claims of the actual darkness to come.

Harris/Walz can offer those, while also offering light and hope - and a call to action to seek those things, to work toward those things, as opposed to merely opposing darkness and resignation.
"light" and "hope" and "joy". YIPEEE!
All that and $2.25 gets me a ride on a bus - and another Trump Presidency?
Excuse me while I vomit.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But Gutter as a cynic is not maybe our best objective source, eh?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“potential false flag event ”

This is what should scare everyone about the upcoming election.

The far right is, right now, making plans for the inevitable Trump defeat. Write it down.

There is a weird vibe in places like rural Oregon…the Idaho panhandle, western Montana.

This is going to be bad.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:50 am
The border isn't wide open and our country isn't being destroyed. So dramatic. MAGA brainworms have rotted your ability to think clearly.
Only tangentially related, I think one of the many (and linked) reasons Harris/Walz is having so much success is that Joe’s pitch was one-note: forecasting the actual darkness of a second, unchecked Trump term.

That pitch wasn’t wrong.

But it turns out that you can’t effectively counter the (manufactured) darkness that Trump voters have been deceived into believing exists, with only your own claims of the actual darkness to come.

Harris/Walz can offer those, while also offering light and hope - and a call to action to seek those things, to work toward those things, as opposed to merely opposing darkness and resignation.
Excuse me while I vomit.
You’ll have to walk me through this one.

I posted to note that the Biden campaign - which meaningfully trailed the Trump campaign in the good polls - was one-note.

Harris’ campaign, which is not one-note, is surging ahead of Trump.

Doesn’t that mean that a more diverse message is…reducing the likelihood of a second Trump presidency?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:28 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:10 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:55 am What did we do to deserve endless Psych posts? Jeebus.
he see’s what’s coming

notice, he didn’t crawl from beneath his rock after the rnc, but rather mid-night 2 of the DNC
I do see what's coming: election interference, a second plandemic, and a potential false flag event to cover for the voter fraud. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
the irony of a “psychologist” buying in to so many conspiracy theories?

it’s no wonder you’re struggling so much personally
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:27 pm But Gutter as a cynic is not maybe our best objective source, eh?
Of course I'm not the best objective source. Well, actually, maybe I'm better than many/most on here - being that I am privy to some things others are not?
I'm choosing to be pessimistic because I know this election is a toss up - and I find fault in those who think this election is in the bag for Kamala - and are thus doing nothing (or little) to continue to help her, the Dems, and our country.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:39 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:27 pm But Gutter as a cynic is not maybe our best objective source, eh?
Of course I'm not the best objective source. Well, actually, maybe I'm better than many/most on here - being that I am privy to some things others are not?
I'm choosing to be pessimistic because I know this election is a toss up - and I find fault in those who think this election is in the bag for Kamala - and are thus doing nothing (or little) to continue to help her, the Dems, and our country.
I don’t think there are many people doing that, at all.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:36 pm
he see’s what’s coming

notice, he didn’t crawl from beneath his rock after the rnc, but rather mid-night 2 of the DNC
I do see what's coming: election interference, a second plandemic, and a potential false flag event to cover for the voter fraud. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

We shall see. I’d be happy to be wrong.

I’m not struggling personally at all. I’m probably one of the happiest people you’ll ever meet. I have to work more than I’d like in order to get ahead, and I’m worried about the direction my country is moving, but I have a beautiful wife and kids who love me, and I get to do things I enjoy for a living. Life is pretty good.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:31 pm

That pitch wasn’t wrong.

Excuse me while I vomit.

I posted to note that the Biden campaign - which meaningfully trailed the Trump campaign in the good polls - was one-note.

Doesn’t that mean that a more diverse message is…reducing the likelihood of a second Trump presidency?
Yes, Harris has gotten her bump. Will she sustain it? I hope so but I'm not going to count on it.
I'm all for a more diverse message but when the messages are "light", "hope", and "joy". Those are little more than just tag words - and lacking of substance.
Heck, maybe that's all she needs (is tag words) but I have a strong feeling uncommitted voter Joe Smith in swing state ________________ isn't voting for Kamala Harris because of "JOY".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:43 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:39 pm
I don’t think there are many people doing that, at all.
I hope you're right!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:51 pm

Excuse me while I vomit.

Yes, Harris has gotten her bump. Will she sustain it? I hope so but I'm not going to count on it.
I'm all for a more diverse message but when the messages are "light", "hope", and "joy". Those are little more than just tag words - and lacking of substance.
Heck, maybe that's all she needs (is tag words) but I have a strong feeling uncommitted voter Joe Smith in swing state ________________ isn't voting for Kamala Harris because of "JOY".
Maybe Joe Smith isn’t. But maybe Julie Shaw is. That’s kind of my point - the Harris/Walz campaign just has more to offer than Biden.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:36 pm
he see’s what’s coming

A psychologist working 4 other jobs is kind of a highlighter.

Of course, we all know it is a bullshit story.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:28 pm “potential false flag event ”

The far right is, right now, making plans for the inevitable Trump defeat. Write it down.

There is a weird vibe in places like rural Oregon…the Idaho panhandle, western Montana.

This is going to be bad.
It’s also easily - avoided. Don’t. Steal. The. Election.

Even you can comprehend that.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:07 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:51 pm

Maybe Joe Smith isn’t. But maybe Julie Shaw is. That’s kind of my point - the Harris/Walz campaign just has more to offer than Biden.
Biden/Harris and Harris/Walz both have/had Harris.
I'm not disputing that there isn't more that Harris/Walz have to offer than Biden/Harris did (other than she's not 81 years old and is now running for President) but I'm not convinced Joe Smith and Julie Shaw are going to be simply sold on "light", "hope" and "JOY". Hopefully I'm wrong and they see the light and are full of joy in voting for Momala and Timmy.
Frankly, she does nothing more for me today that she did/didn't do for me on July 21st.
What a difference 3 and half years makes - and yet, many of us saw this coming 3 and half years ago.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:20 pm

This is going to be bad.

No one is stealing elections.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:31 pm

This is going to be bad.

Hillary begs to differ.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:40 pm

Hillary begs to differ.
2016 wasn’t stolen.

It was, however, influenced.The election results were what they were.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

This is going to be bad.

They did in 2020. They had better not in 2024.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

no, “they” didn’t

so very dumb
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:44 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:40 pm

Hillary begs to differ.
2016 wasn’t stolen.

It was, however, influenced.The election results were what they were.
Actually, I was referring to this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaSndBEBeEk

P.S. She's not alone in realizing the part of the "master plan".

https://www.advocate.com/election/rache ... n-election