trumpty plumpty

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: trumpty plumpty

Post by Sparko »

The logic is clear: elect republican billionaires and, after they take away your job and pension, they will share their wealth with you if you are on their MAGA mailing list and have purchased shoes , hats and flags. Bible for extra credit. Must be at least 60 years of age to cash in. Restrictions apply.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:43 am The logic is clear: elect republican billionaires and, after they take away your job and pension, they will share their wealth with you if you are on their MAGA mailing list and have purchased shoes , hats and flags. Bible for extra credit. Must be at least 60 years of age to cash in. Restrictions apply.
Please exit through the grift shop.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:53 am
Sparko wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:43 am The logic is clear: elect republican billionaires and, after they take away your job and pension, they will share their wealth with you if you are on their MAGA mailing list and have purchased shoes , hats and flags. Bible for extra credit. Must be at least 60 years of age to cash in. Restrictions apply.
Awesome
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The thing I enjoyed third most last night - after Harris's and Kinzinger's speeches - was Trump being so psychically wounded by Harris' speech that he called into Fox to ramble angrily but incoherently, only for FOX to cut him off multiple times and eventually cut away from him...and then the sad MFer went down the list to Newsmax and did the same thing.

He is standing on corners telling you that the sky is green and the apocalypse is nigh, people. He needs genuine, selfless care and professional attention. None of which he is getting from his family, let alone his flotilla of parasitic and opportunistic tagalongs.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hyenas, in times of plenty, will share amongst themselves and even other predators. As the times lean out, they turn on themselves and a new hierarchy is established.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I do think, fingers crossed for 2024, the defining story of 2028 and 2032 and 2036 will be what exactly happens to our party system.

Specifically, does the GOP finally purge itself of the poison (it is hard to imagine this happening without Trump going to prison) and reconstitute itself as a viable two-of-two political party?

Or does it collapse upon itself and become something as a black hole that swallows everything in its range but otherwise exists as something of an anomaly?

In which case, does the Democratic Party break into conservative and liberal wings, leaving us with something like a (highly fluid) 40/40/20 split? And will the 20 even participate, or just throw bombs?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:53 am
https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/23/politics ... index.html
[...]

With glitzy Mar-a-Lago fundraisers, stays at Trump’s hotels, and flights on the former president’s private jet, Republican candidates and political groups are on track to spend more on Trump’s businesses this year than any year since 2016, according to a CNN analysis of federal campaign finance data.

Trump himself has been the biggest spender, both this year and over the last decade. Between his three presidential campaigns, Trump and associated political groups have funneled more than $28 million in campaign donations to his businesses – helping convert the enthusiasm of his political supporters into personal profit.

Other Republicans have followed suit, spending millions at Trump’s properties in an apparent attempt to curry favor with the former president and signal their allegiance to him to GOP voters.
The story goes on to detail, with receipts, how curious it is that candidates who seek Trump's endorsements are among the biggest spenders at his properties (one endorsee's campaign manager said, hilariously on the record, “It was a great return on investment.”).

And the campaign's response?
Karoline Leavitt, a spokesperson for Trump’s campaign, said that “committees are paying the fair market rate for all venues and services” provided by Trump businesses.
Um, yes. Exactly.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:11 am The thing I enjoyed third most last night - after Harris's and Kinzinger's speeches - was Trump being so psychically wounded by Harris' speech that he called into Fox to ramble angrily but incoherently, only for FOX to cut him off multiple times and eventually cut away from him...and then the sad MFer went down the list to Newsmax and did the same thing.
I saw a brief clip. It included him pushing the buttons one his phone while talking. It immediately reminded me of late night sundowners phone calls with my mom. While talking to me she would mention my sister and start dialing her phone number while continuing to talk to me.

Next up, the debate!!!!!

I vacillate on what technique I would like to see her use to throw him off his game. I would love to see her throw couple of zingers early and watch him seeth through the rest of the debate. But anger and vengeance is all that sad fuck lives for these days, It would give him some satisfaction.

What if she went through the entire debate without looking at him, or responding to anything he says, just do her thing and answer the questions as though he doesn't exist and isn't there? Give him no attention and you suck the oxygen out of his universe. There is no denying that the attention Kamala has gotten the last couple of weeks has driven him nuts. It's a pipe dream, but an amusing idea.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He is, as she has pointed out, so so easily manipulated. Triggered. A true snowflake.

What she should do is pick out a few things she wants him to say, and then say everything ABOUT those things, except for the things themselves. He will NOT be able to avoid filling in the blanks, like the smart boy he is.

So smart. Such a boy. So smart such a boy.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think Kamala mentioned "sexual predators" at least three times in her speech with no reference to him. It hit home each time. We all know it is a reference to "he who wants to fuck his own daughter".

And everyone who supports the guy who wants to fuck his own daughter knows that it is the banner of the daughter fucker they are proudly, righteously carrying.

Cuz what is more righteous than a daughter fucker?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:26 pm I think Kamala mentioned "sexual predators" at least three times in her speech with no reference to him. It hit home each time. We all know it is a reference to "he who wants to fuck his own daughter".

And everyone who supports the guy who wants to fuck his own daughter knows that it is the banner of the daughter fucker they are proudly, righteously carrying.

Cuz what is more righteous than a daughter fucker?
I had exactly two small quibbles with her speech: (1) I don’t think she (her speechwriters?) used “behalf” correctly, especially in the acceptance part, and (2) she came SO close to marrying Trump’s legally-conclusive liability for sexually assaulting a woman to “grab em by the pussy” to Project 2025 vis a vis women.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

In a series of characteristically deranged Truth Social posts that began by criticizing Harris for saying “too many” thank-yous “too rapidly,” the ex-president claimed Harris “will take us into a Nuclear World War III”; “HAS LED US INTO FAILING NATION STATUS”; talked about her childhood too much; “IS A RADICAL MARXIST”; caused October 7; and is laughed at by “the Tyrants.” He also told his followers, “Walz was an ASSISTANT Coach, not a COACH,” and at one point asked, “IS SHE TALKING ABOUT ME?”

stable genius

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Walz was a head coach for several sports.
Trump was a head case for several decades.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

trumpty dumpty went back to the wall, his "greatest" hit and biggest fall.
A brown ribbon carved a straight gash across a vast, flat desert basin, the only mark of human civilization visible on this wilderness. The partition charged up a steep hill in Montezuma Canyon, then suddenly stopped. Extra pieces lay in piles nearby, rusting monuments to an unfinished campaign promise.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump came here on Thursday to heap praise on the structure standing to his right — “the Rolls-Royce of walls,” he called it — and lament the unused segments lying to his left. Joining him there, Border Patrol union leader Paul A. Perez called the standing fence “Trump wall” and the idle parts “Kamala wall,” after his Democratic opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris.
Those labels were inaccurate. This section of 20-foot steel slats was actually built during the administration of President Barack Obama. Trump added the unfinished extension up the hillside, an engineering challenge that cost at least $35 million a mile. The unused panels of 30-foot beams were procured during the Trump administration and never erected.

“Where you were, that was kind of a joke today,” John Ladd, a Trump supporter whose ranch extends along the border, said while driving the dirt road along the barrier, the gapped panels making a flipbook out of the shrubby trees and grass on the other side. “Had to be in front of Trump’s wall, but you went to Montezuma, and that’s Obama’s wall.”

The Cochise County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the barrier next to Thursday’s campaign stop was built during the Obama administration. The Trump campaign and Perez did not respond to questions about the discrepancy.
In other news the trial of grifter Steve Bannon is about to start for his part in soliciting funds from the rubes to pay for the wall which instead went mostly to fund grifters lifestyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMThO4fJzo

Some of you met this guy at the Crimsonfest. He and Virginia won the Beazley Design of the Year Award for this stunt/human behavior experiment/ art happening piece. I have had the privilege of working with some geniuses in my time. Ron is a fuckin genius. He brings human joy to the things he touches. Bringing joy to the wall is a real feat.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jackass is about to pull out of the sept. 10 debate

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:32 pm trumpty dumpty went back to the wall, his "greatest" hit and biggest fall.
A brown ribbon carved a straight gash across a vast, flat desert basin, the only mark of human civilization visible on this wilderness. The partition charged up a steep hill in Montezuma Canyon, then suddenly stopped. Extra pieces lay in piles nearby, rusting monuments to an unfinished campaign promise.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump came here on Thursday to heap praise on the structure standing to his right — “the Rolls-Royce of walls,” he called it — and lament the unused segments lying to his left. Joining him there, Border Patrol union leader Paul A. Perez called the standing fence “Trump wall” and the idle parts “Kamala wall,” after his Democratic opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris.
Those labels were inaccurate. This section of 20-foot steel slats was actually built during the administration of President Barack Obama. Trump added the unfinished extension up the hillside, an engineering challenge that cost at least $35 million a mile. The unused panels of 30-foot beams were procured during the Trump administration and never erected.

“Where you were, that was kind of a joke today,” John Ladd, a Trump supporter whose ranch extends along the border, said while driving the dirt road along the barrier, the gapped panels making a flipbook out of the shrubby trees and grass on the other side. “Had to be in front of Trump’s wall, but you went to Montezuma, and that’s Obama’s wall.”

The Cochise County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the barrier next to Thursday’s campaign stop was built during the Obama administration. The Trump campaign and Perez did not respond to questions about the discrepancy.
In other news the trial of grifter Steve Bannon is about to start for his part in soliciting funds from the rubes to pay for the wall which instead went mostly to fund grifters lifestyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMThO4fJzo

Some of you met this guy at the Crimsonfest. He and Virginia won the Beazley Design of the Year Award for this stunt/human behavior experiment/ art happening piece. I have had the privilege of working with some geniuses in my time. Ron is a fuckin genius. He brings human joy to the things he touches. Bringing joy to the wall is a real feat.
Pretty cool. And pink, is my signature color!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mitchell isn't having it:

H.R. McMaster has written a book describing how terrible Trump was. McMaster needs to endorse Harris, otherwise, he is just in it for the money

McMaster's Memoir
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he was just on cbs

meh…said he’d work in any admin. where he thought he could make a difference
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"Significant portions" of "the billions raised by Trump’s campaigns in 2020 and 2024 have vanished," "funneled through private companies with opaque operations."
https://x.com/emeriticus/status/1828065 ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:18 am
"Significant portions" of "the billions raised by Trump’s campaigns in 2020 and 2024 have vanished," "funneled through private companies with opaque operations."
https://x.com/emeriticus/status/1828065 ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Just posted it on the other thread. How is this not immediately a scandal that puts Trump in jail?