RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:38 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:19 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:47 am
shall i roll some dice? i thought jd would already be gone

i thought there were deadlines for getting candidates on ballots. not sure how changing up the vp nominee now would work
The next rule that the GOP decides should apply to Trump, will be the first.
Really? How many actual votes did Giggles get to make her the official candidate?
Zero? Or.... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dnc-roll-c ... ates-2024/
Now tell us what if any "rule/s" were violated.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:58 am

Really? How many actual votes did Giggles get to make her the official candidate?
Zero? Or.... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dnc-roll-c ... ates-2024/
Now tell us what if any "rule/s" were violated.
I don't care one way or another how the DNC chose their clown show. My point was that these are malleable protocols on both sides of the aisle. I also seriously doubt that RFK would agree to run as VP, even if asked.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:47 am
shall i roll some dice? i thought jd would already be gone

i thought there were deadlines for getting candidates on ballots. not sure how changing up the vp nominee now would work
I voted for the Biden/Harris ticket in 2020 knowing that if Biden were ever not OK to continue that Harris would step in for him. When you vote for a 70+ year old candidate, you'd better consider that.

Anyone want that moron JD Vance as our next President?!?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

about as much as i want that current vp moron as our next president.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:23 am

I voted for the Biden/Harris ticket in 2020 knowing that if Biden were ever not OK to continue that Harris would step in for him. When you vote for a 70+ year old candidate, you'd better consider that.

Anyone want that moron JD Vance as our next President?!?
BIDEN IS UNFIT TO GOVERN!, but also no you may not replace him with the person the voters also chose as Constitutional next-in-line.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nobody ever voted for kamala to be next in line. Not sure why dems are in denial and trying to spin the narrative this way. They voted for biden, and he appointed her as his vice (despite the fact she called him racist at one of the debates). This does not mean voters wanted her there. Review the results of the 2020 democratic primary. Kamala had almost zero support from within her own party of democrat voters. She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level, with extremist views and policy proposals

But enough people have been brainwashed to hate trump that they suddenly are pretending to like kamala, despite not knowing anything about her policy ideas.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

serious question: are you dumb?

LITERALLY everyone that voted for Biden voted for her to be next in line (that’s what the VP is…next in line)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Even the most obedient democrat voters (your comment was right on cue KUtrad) need to be honest with themselves, kamala was forced on you, not chosen. You never voted for her, your own party you are so loyal to, showed no loyalty to you as voters. They never gave you a choice, instead they planned a way to cheat the democratic process and hand pick their own candidate and ignore the people's will
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If you were to look up the democratic presidential results from 2020, where kamala actually fairly ran, You might struggle to find her. That is because she did not receive a single delegate. She won such a tiny percent of votes that she did not receive a single delegate

So you won't be able to convince anyone she belongs as the presidential nominee, when she also didn't win a single primary in 2024.

The democratic process was thrown out the window
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randi and psych are mad

it’s funny
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

"We wanted to run against the old senile guy.... whaaaa. Now the old senile guy is ours. Whaaaaa."
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:02 am Nobody ever voted for kamala to be next in line. Not sure why dems are in denial and trying to spin the narrative this way. They voted for biden, and he appointed her as his vice (despite the fact she called him racist at one of the debates). This does not mean voters wanted her there. Review the results of the 2020 democratic primary. Kamala had almost zero support from within her own party of democrat voters. She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level, with extremist views and policy proposals

But enough people have been brainwashed to hate trump that they suddenly are pretending to like kamala, despite not knowing anything about her policy ideas.
Sorry but your opinions on this do not accurately represent my current situation. You're making a lot of uninformed assumptions.

Part of my consideration of who to vote for in the 2020 general election was who was the VP on the ticket. Given the timing of when Biden chose to drop out, I felt that Harris was the right choice to be elevated to the top of the ticket.

She has been good at providing info to us about her policy ideas and I feel comfortable with far more of them than I do the policies that have been discussed by Trump and by information shared about Project 2025. And let me get ahead of your impending rant... yes, I know what habitual liar Trump has said about his knowledge of Project 2025. It seems to magically be the only thing that he doesn't know everything about. How convenient for him.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

trump doesn’t know anything about it…except some of its good and some of its bad

but he wishes them well

:lol:
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:02 am Nobody ever voted for kamala to be next in line. Not sure why dems are in denial and trying to spin the narrative this way. They voted for biden, and he appointed her as his vice (despite the fact she called him racist at one of the debates). This does not mean voters wanted her there. Review the results of the 2020 democratic primary. Kamala had almost zero support from within her own party of democrat voters. She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level, with extremist views and policy proposals

Trad actually asked if you are dumb. That made me laugh.

a. "Voted" or not, VP is "next in line". Right?
b. Biden "appointed" Harris to be his running mate BEFORE he was elected President. Right?
c. I challenge you to prove Harris "called Biden" "racist" at one of the debates.
d. The "Democratic Primary" Singular? There was just one?
e. True, Harris had very little support from Democratic Voters in 2020. NOW she has support in 2024. Right?
f. "She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level"? She's been a candidate on the federal level three times. Yes, unpopular - running for President in 2020. Popular enough - running for Vice President (or at least being on the "ticket). Now running for President in 2024 - hopefully popular enough to beat a guy who was elected President in the past.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:35 am

Trad actually asked if you are dumb. That made me laugh.

a. "Voted" or not, VP is "next in line". Right?
b. Biden "appointed" Harris to be his running mate BEFORE he was elected President. Right?
c. I challenge you to prove Harris "called Biden" "racist" at one of the debates.
d. The "Democratic Primary" Singular? There was just one?
e. True, Harris had very little support from Democratic Voters in 2020. NOW she has support in 2024. Right?
f. "She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level"? She's been a candidate on the federal level three times. Yes, unpopular - running for President in 2020. Popular enough - running for Vice President (or at least being on the "ticket). Now running for President in 2024 - hopefully popular enough to beat a guy who was elected President in the past.
It should tell them something about how wildly unpopular Donald Trump is that Dems could run just about anyone who was in the 2020 Dem primary and I would vote for them over Donald Trump.
I would take any of Biden, Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar, Harris and Buttigieg over Donald Trump.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:10 am If you were to look up the democratic presidential results from 2020, where kamala actually fairly ran, You might struggle to find her. That is because she did not receive a single delegate. She won such a tiny percent of votes that she did not receive a single delegate

So you won't be able to convince anyone she belongs as the presidential nominee, when she also didn't win a single primary in 2024.

The democratic process was thrown out the window
Let's see here.

If someone who voted for Biden in the primary but does not, for any or no reason at all, want to vote for Harris in the general, that person's options are...what exactly?

And those options are different from those available to, for example, a Haley primary voter...how exactly?

It is just so precious that those who supported actually disenfranchising 81 million voters in 2020 (to say nothing of the lower-key-disenfranchisement those same people have supported for decades now, and still openly support) are now wanting to take up arms (oops) in defense of (theoretically-) aggrieved Biden primary voters.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

She's not perfect, but she will do just fine, considering the alternative.

I do think it is shitty how it went down. Biden should have announced long ago he was going to be 1 term. Let the dems have a true primary and pick a candidate. Maybe it would have been Kamala, maybe not. We'll never know.

Either way, she's far less dangerous than Trump. Even if she wouldn't have been a top 3 choice for me in a true dem primary.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:47 am She's not perfect, but she will do just fine, considering the alternative.

I do think it is shitty how it went down. Biden should have announced long ago he was going to be 1 term. Let the dems have a true primary and pick a candidate. Maybe it would have been Kamala, maybe not. We'll never know.

Either way, she's far less dangerous than Trump. Even if she wouldn't have been a top 3 choice for me in a true dem primary.
I agree with that.

But at the time at which the presumptive nominee withdrew from the race, I think we would have had this exact result if the presumptive nominee had fallen over and died.

And no amount of R anger over the Dems not having to stage a reality TV competition in July, to pit candidates against themselves on the eve of the general, changes this basic analysis.

If Trump were to fall over and die tomorrow, does anyone really believe that the Rs would elevate Vance to the top of the ticket? Even though he is in fact the VP nominee?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:51 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:47 am She's not perfect, but she will do just fine, considering the alternative.

I agree with that.

But at the time at which the presumptive nominee withdrew from the race, I think we would have had this exact result if the presumptive nominee had fallen over and died.
With how it went down, she absolutely had to be the choice. If they pass her over and handpick someone else, they'd have risked losing a significant chunk of the base. Especially if the altnerative handpicked person was a male and/or white, with similar or inferior qualifications (and being VP for 4 years is absolutely a qualification, so I am thinking the pool of "more qualified" candidates was slim to none).