Robert f Kennedy jr

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:51 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:47 am She's not perfect, but she will do just fine, considering the alternative.

I do think it is shitty how it went down. Biden should have announced long ago he was going to be 1 term. Let the dems have a true primary and pick a candidate. Maybe it would have been Kamala, maybe not. We'll never know.

Either way, she's far less dangerous than Trump. Even if she wouldn't have been a top 3 choice for me in a true dem primary.
I agree with that.

But at the time at which the presumptive nominee withdrew from the race, I think we would have had this exact result if the presumptive nominee had fallen over and died.
With how it went down, she absolutely had to be the choice. If they pass her over and handpick someone else, they'd have risked losing a significant chunk of the base. Especially if the altnerative handpicked person was a male and/or white, with similar or inferior qualifications (and being VP for 4 years is absolutely a qualification, so I am thinking the pool of "more qualified" candidates was slim to none).
But, watch this space - because you can bet your wedges, probably your whole bag, on one of the many bad-faith litigation strategies that will be pursued when Trump loses the popular vote by a margin of at least the total population of Portugal or Sweden, being finding an "aggrieved Biden primary voter" in each of the states whose results are closest.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:24 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:02 am Nobody ever voted for kamala to be next in line. Not sure why dems are in denial and trying to spin the narrative this way. They voted for biden, and he appointed her as his vice (despite the fact she called him racist at one of the debates). This does not mean voters wanted her there. Review the results of the 2020 democratic primary. Kamala had almost zero support from within her own party of democrat voters. She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level, with extremist views and policy proposals

But enough people have been brainwashed to hate trump that they suddenly are pretending to like kamala, despite not knowing anything about her policy ideas.
Sorry but your opinions on this do not accurately represent my current situation. You're making a lot of uninformed assumptions.

Part of my consideration of who to vote for in the 2020 general election was who was the VP on the ticket. Given the timing of when Biden chose to drop out, I felt that Harris was the right choice to be elevated to the top of the ticket.

She has been good at providing info to us about her policy ideas and I feel comfortable with far more of them than I do the policies that have been discussed by Trump and by information shared about Project 2025. And let me get ahead of your impending rant... yes, I know what habitual liar Trump has said about his knowledge of Project 2025. It seems to magically be the only thing that he doesn't know everything about. How convenient for him.
What policy ideas of hers do you support?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The fact that Psych, Randy and their band of mouth breathers are so bent out of shape about it proves that she is the right candidate for this time.

If they felt that Donald can beat her, they would have nothing to say.

Also, I would be interested to learn how the distinction is gained by pointing out HOW Kamala became the nominee..while ignoring that tRump literally made an effort to completely circumvent the election process altogether.
Last edited by Overlander on Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump could be disqualified for insanity or be in jail for the $Billions in missing campaign cash. That latter thing was brought to light just today. Pretty obvious embezzlement by someone. I wonder who?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:21 pm Trump could be disqualified for insanity or be in jail for the $Billions in missing campaign cash. That latter thing was brought to light just today. Pretty obvious embezzlement by someone. I wonder who?
Would you expect anything less?

The grifted are apparently more than fine with Melanias' stylist making a quarter mil a year with their "donation" money.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:02 am Nobody ever voted for kamala to be next in line. Not sure why dems are in denial and trying to spin the narrative this way. They voted for biden, and he appointed her as his vice (despite the fact she called him racist at one of the debates). This does not mean voters wanted her there. Review the results of the 2020 democratic primary. Kamala had almost zero support from within her own party of democrat voters. She's always been a horribly unpopular candidate on the federal level, with extremist views and policy proposals

But enough people have been brainwashed to hate trump that they suddenly are pretending to like kamala, despite not knowing anything about her policy ideas.
Sorry but your opinions on this do not accurately represent my current situation. You're making a lot of uninformed assumptions.

Part of my consideration of who to vote for in the 2020 general election was who was the VP on the ticket. Given the timing of when Biden chose to drop out, I felt that Harris was the right choice to be elevated to the top of the ticket.

She has been good at providing info to us about her policy ideas and I feel comfortable with far more of them than I do the policies that have been discussed by Trump and by information shared about Project 2025. And let me get ahead of your impending rant... yes, I know what habitual liar Trump has said about his knowledge of Project 2025. It seems to magically be the only thing that he doesn't know everything about. How convenient for him.
Project 2025 is just a fear mongering propaganda piece and isn't trumps
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:21 pm The fact that Psych, Randy and their band of mouth breathers are so bent out of shape about it proves that she is the right candidate for this time.

Also, I would be interested to learn how the distinction is gained by pointing out HOW Kamala became the nominee..while ignoring that tRump literally made an effort to completely circumvent the election process altogether.
Donald vs kamala with neutral media coverage wouldn't be close

But this election is Donald vs the establishment and media. The media is extremely powerful in their ability to brainwash the general public. This board is a perfect example of that.

That's why policy gets completely ignored, and everything is a personal attack
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:26 pm
Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:21 pm The fact that Psych, Randy and their band of mouth breathers are so bent out of shape about it proves that she is the right candidate for this time.

But this election is Donald vs the establishment and media. The media is extremely powerful in their ability to brainwash the general public. This board is a perfect example of that.

Holy fuck.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We should definitely elect Draft Dodgin Donnie so there will be no more personal attacks.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:19 pm

What do you care? Are you considering voting for her?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:28 pm

Holy fuck.
There's less projection at a movie theater.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:18 pm But, watch this space - because you can bet your wedges, probably your whole bag, on one of the many bad-faith litigation strategies that will be pursued when Trump loses the popular vote by a margin of at least the total population of Portugal or Sweden, being finding an "aggrieved Biden primary voter" in each of the states whose results are closest.
100%.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:30 pm

If you could show me that she has better policy ideas that I've missed.. yeah I'd vote for her. What policies of kamalas convinced you to vote for her
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:33 pm
Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:28 pm

Holy fuck.
There's less projection at a movie theater.
https://youtu.be/BLNDqxrUUwQ?si=ztGyx9qRRrOUk2X4
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:37 pm

If you could show me that she has better policy ideas that I've missed.. yeah I'd vote for her. What policies of kamalas convinced you to vote for her
Based upon roughly-equivalent track records here, there is as much of a chance of you voting for Harris as there is me calling for college sports to return to pure amateurism.

And so, I decline to participate (with you) in what will inevitably be a setup for objective arguments being met with bizarre, nonsensical and evidenceless prove-a-negative-OR-ELSE gotchas.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:23 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:38 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:19 am

The next rule that the GOP decides should apply to Trump, will be the first.
Really? How many actual votes did Giggles get to make her the official candidate?
I voted for the Biden/Harris ticket in 2020 knowing that if Biden were ever not OK to continue that Harris would step in for him. When you vote for a 70+ year old candidate, you'd better consider that.

Anyone want that moron JD Vance as our next President?!?
Vance makes Harris look like a Mensa candidate. I haven't listened to Tampon Tim say anything, but I feel safe in saying that Vance is smarter and more competent than him as well.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am not speaking for JFish, but here are a few of my favorites:

Supporting womens rights to choose.

Working to pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act.

Standing up for working families by:
Enhancing the EIC.
Supporting Unions.
Enhancing the ACA.

Creating manageable pathways for citizenship.

REAL action to address the housing shortage for lower income families.

Cutting junk fees from banking and other financial services.

Enacting some form of gun safety laws.

REAL criminal justice reforms.

I know, it isn't a list spiced with spitting on Mexicans or mining National Parks, but it IS a start.

Now, name some Trump policies that you support that DO NOT align with Trumps spiteful and child like impulses.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

no matter the outcome in november. we will be in bad hands.

it's a crap sandwich vs a $#!t sandwich. take your pick.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:48 pm

I am not speaking for JFish, but here are a few of my favorites:

Supporting womens rights to choose.

Working to pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act.

Standing up for working families by:
Enhancing the EIC.
Supporting Unions.
Enhancing the ACA.

Creating manageable pathways for citizenship.

REAL action to address the housing shortage for lower income families.

Cutting junk fees from banking and other financial services.

Enacting some form of gun safety laws.

REAL criminal justice reforms.

I know, it isn't a list spiced with spitting on Mexicans or mining National Parks, but it IS a start.

Now, name some Trump policies that you support that DO NOT align with Trumps spiteful and child like impulses.
Also, as Judge Luttig put it best,
Regrettably, in the presidential election of 2024 there is only one political party and one candidate for the presidency that can claim the mantle of defender and protector of America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law.

As a result, I will unhesitatingly vote for the Democratic Party’s candidate for the Presidency of the United States, Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris.

In voting for Vice President Harris, I assume that her public policy views are vastly different from my own, but I am indifferent in this election as to her policy views on any issues other than America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, as I believe all Americans should be.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:40 pm

Based upon roughly-equivalent track records here, there is as much of a chance of you voting for Harris as there is me calling for college sports to return to pure amateurism.

And so, I decline to participate (with you) in what will inevitably be a setup for objective arguments being met with bizarre, nonsensical and evidenceless prove-a-negative-OR-ELSE gotchas.
So you can't name one policy. Got it