Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:32 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:44 pm What’s at the top of your (plausible) list of acts you haven’t seen live, but want to?

For me, it’s Zac Brown Band.
not sure of the plausibility, but i’ve always regretted not see Tool live
Tool is amazing live.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

George Strait
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:45 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:32 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:44 pm What’s at the top of your (plausible) list of acts you haven’t seen live, but want to?

For me, it’s Zac Brown Band.
not sure of the plausibility, but i’ve always regretted not see Tool live
Tool is amazing live.
1. Tool is indeed incredible live.

2. Zac Brown Band- were awesome (at Red Rocks, it’d be hard not to be).
Every few songs, they did a cover, turned off main stage lights and black lights shined down on the band, which had reflective striping on their clothes that made them look like skeletons. It was super duper extra awesome.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Tedeschi Trucks Band is due here soon. I'd love to see them but their ticket prices are crazy. Like 300 bucks for good seats. Sorry, I saw The Grateful Dead for 5 bucks and the Stones for 13.
Broham
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:07 pm Tedeschi Trucks Band is due here soon. I'd love to see them but their ticket prices are crazy. Like 300 bucks for good seats. Sorry, I saw The Grateful Dead for 5 bucks and the Stones for 13.
Saw them at RR too. Thanks KBCO and Studio C.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:07 pm Tedeschi Trucks Band is due here soon. I'd love to see them but their ticket prices are crazy. Like 300 bucks for good seats. Sorry, I saw The Grateful Dead for 5 bucks and the Stones for 13.
One of my favorite bands.

Derek Trucks is a very underrated guitar player.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I honestly have zero wish list to see any musician live. Just not my thing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:42 am I honestly have zero wish list to see any musician live. Just not my thing.
Really not my deal either.

The worst show I've ever seen was the Black Keys at Sprint Center. Absolutely the wrong sort of venue for them, and it turned me off to them. I don't like that!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:48 am
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:42 am I honestly have zero wish list to see any musician live. Just not my thing.

The worst show I've ever seen was the Black Keys at Sprint Center. Absolutely the wrong sort of venue for them, and it turned me off to them. I don't like that!
Was that the same time they were in KC eating Woodyard BBQ with Bourdain?
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:21 am

Was that the same time they were in KC eating Woodyard BBQ with Bourdain?
Would been 2012-13 ish.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sounds right.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

honestly I don't love it either. It's fun sometimes but I'd rather hang out and listen on the radio and drink beer around a fire or something.

However, my wife loves them...so...in the nature of good compromise. We go to most every concert that comes by.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I would like to see Cody Jinks too
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Me either. Generally just find out relatively close in and try to get tickets.

Unfortunately, the way tickets are sold now, this almost always has led me to not going of late, because ticket brokers.

But, ‘Murica right?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I went to a lot of great concerts when I was younger. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, I have no desire to fight traffic, try to park, deal with the morans that inevitably come with a large gathering and then try to get home driving in the dark.

Crap I'm getting old, concerts are also too loud.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 am
Me either. Generally just find out relatively close in and try to get tickets.

Unfortunately, the way tickets are sold now, this almost always has led me to not going of late, because ticket brokers.

But, ‘Murica right?
the ticket brokers have a unique talent that others might exploit! they deserve their piece! NIL baby!!
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I too am over big concerts and big prices. House concerts and porch parties I might pay mightily for. The FOMO is not a selling point. My ears can't say that the Red Rocks sounded better than my speakers and I am not having a relationship with these people (don't want one). So, I don't need live. If the price was more reasonable for just calling entertainment, then I would be more interested.... like going to a MLB game. I could watch that on TV, but it is fun for the in-park experience and the price is not a killer for the experience if you are calling it entertainment.
Some things you need to do once if you can afford it. Red Rocks. Allen Field House. etc.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:40 am I too am over big concerts and big prices. House concerts and porch parties I might pay mightily for. The FOMO is not a selling point. My ears can't say that the Red Rocks sounded better than my speakers and I am not having a relationship with these people (don't want one). So, I don't need live. If the price was more reasonable for just calling entertainment, then I would be more interested.... like going to a MLB game. I could watch that on TV, but it is fun for the in-park experience and the price is not a killer for the experience if you are calling it entertainment.
Some things you need to do once if you can afford it. Red Rocks. Allen Field House. etc.
You want to hear John Tesh live, you have to play the game. Thankfully, nobody does. Business model issue I will let someone else solve while I go to small venues or watch at home.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like hummus.
I like Franks hot sauce.
Both mixed together are great.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This is kind of cool. Current situation outside my window....

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.