Robert f Kennedy jr

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:07 am i was a punk rocker back in a time, and place, where punk rockers were almost unheard of. did that make me "non-standard?"

it was not easy being the only openly punk rocker back in a time and place where a bon scott led ac/dc ruled the day.
Hard to say! It is certainly true that, depending on when in “punk” you are talking about, the clothes and whatnot might run afoul of some of the more egregious rules meant to prohibit the public acknowledgment of the existence of drag queens.

On these issues, I suspect you and I are more closely aligned than one might expect: I just want the federal government to be out of the business of monitoring my and my family’s private conduct.

I am aware that this principle is impossible to uphold, and that Dems advocate for any number of things that involve government reach into private conduct.

As I have shared many times, I used to be a very staunch conservative. And it used to be that a guiding conservative principle was to err on the side of weak federal government vis a vis our private, personal (and business) lives.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:13 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:07 am i was a punk rocker back in a time, and place, where punk rockers were almost unheard of. did that make me "non-standard?"

it was not easy being the only openly punk rocker back in a time and place where a bon scott led ac/dc ruled the day.
I used to be a very staunch conservative. And it used to be that a guiding conservative principle was to err on the side of weak federal government vis a vis our private, personal (and business) lives.
This is me too.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

(Thx, Rush.)
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Just to be clear, are we talking Black Flag or Green Day?
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:06 pm
JKLivin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Because it’s the everyday citizens not paying taxes that caused this financial cluster hump, not out of control spending and hordes of illegals suckling at the collective tit.
The guy who tells us not to be MSM flunkies seems to have bought the right wing mainstream media shtick hook, line and sinker on why those IRS agents were hired. Shocker.
Enlighten me. If it's about this unrealized gains tax nonsense, then I already know what I think.
I'll give you one easy to understand case.

My parents had a filing error on their taxes several years ago. They were actually OWED more than $3,000. The IRS did not have enough workers to be able to work their case so it took nearly 4 years for them to finally get their money.

There are simply not enough IRS workers to handle cases. There are not enough auditors available to audit the high earners who are ripping up the IRS for billions. Auditing ME isn't even worth it.

This isnt to audit a bunch more regular people. Paying an $80k a year salaried employee to come shake me down for an additional $50 is not worth their time and costs them more in additional expenses than it recovers.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

We will see what your feelings are after the Elite Tactical Arm of the IRS breeches the defenses of your home and drags your family kicking and screaming into what, up to that moment. was their front yard!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:36 am Just to be clear, are we talking Black Flag or Green Day?
In this thread, Dead Kennedys were overlooked somehow.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:36 am Just to be clear, are we talking Black Flag or Green Day?
A Flock of Seagulls
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jr killed a flock of seagulls too?

jfc
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Exactly what my facial expression would have been - if I was him - or I am me.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Poor Larry.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:21 pmPoor Larry.
He’ll be fine.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It still surprises me that Cheryl Hines is married to that spooky fucker.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:40 pm It still surprises me that Cheryl Hines is married to that spooky fucker.
^^^

Some people say she has a brain tumor* until proven otherwise.

*Or, worm.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:40 pm It still surprises me that Cheryl Hines is married to that spooky fucker.
Me too, but then I think about and realize she's a bit of a whack a doodle too. This is just a theory but perhaps being that they were both married before, maybe they are more understanding and accept that each other are damaged goods in some regards. :?

The not funny thing about the photo I posted is that Larry David and Bobby Jr. are actually buddies. Despite Larry feeling Jr is nuts about a lot of things and Larry not supporting him politically.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:04 pm
Me too, but then I think about and realize she's a bit of a whack a doodle too. This is just a theory but perhaps being that they were both married before, maybe they are more understanding and accept that each other are damaged goods in some regards. :?

The not funny thing about the photo I posted is that Larry David and Bobby Jr. are actually buddies. Despite Larry feeling Jr is nuts about a lot of things and Larry not supporting him politically.
You’d almost think that people could differ politically and still be civil to each other. Or, even weirder, friends.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Differing political views but still be civil and friendly? Not on here at least. A couple active posters will. But if you try using logic and they can't think of a logical retort, the kutrads and overlanders (there's others not trying to single just them out) of the board are quick to stoop to name calling. It's kind of embarassing
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"logic" is a load-bearing defect in your post. The reason you get the responses you get is because you very rarely support your opinions with objective facts.

So your arguments are really more of a vibes-based thing, and yeah, that gets called out.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:13 pm "logic" is a load-bearing defect in your post. The reason you get the responses you get is because you very rarely support your opinions with objective facts.

So your arguments are really more of a vibes-based thing, and yeah, that gets called out.
So, under your logic, you are the sole arbiter of what merits a civil response and what justifies next-level vitriol.

That’s a big job.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:55 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:04 pm

You’d almost think that people could differ politically and still be civil to each other. Or, even weirder, friends.
I have many friends who have differing personal and political feelings than I do with whom I treated with civiliry and respect because they are at least honest.

Who I do not choose to be either civil to or friends with are people who are deliberate, intentional liars.

I assume that every human I encounter is a good person with good intentions and I treat them as such. Once they prove otherwise by being intentionally dishonest, they are no longer worthy of being treated that way.