Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by twocoach »

Has to be his entire career.

Otzelberger has been an excellent 7-7 vs. Top 10 at ISU despite dropping his first 4.

He's just not "notable" yet.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

fuck tiny shirt TJ and his boooooo birds
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

HCBS is my favorite active KU basketball coach. HCRW is my favorite all time KU basketball coach.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dumb, even for mich (which is saying something)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have a feeling MICH posted that to get a rise out of people but I don't know why you feel it's "dumb".
I know people who would tell you Ted Owens was their favorite KU coach - and mean it. Is that "dumb"?
"Dumb" or not, Larry Brown was my favorite.
I love me some Bill Self (despite one or two things I don't like about him), and he very well may be the best KU coach in my lifetime, but he's not my favorite.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:44 pm
I love me some Bill Self (despite one or two things I don't like about him), and he very well may be the best KU coach in my lifetime, but he's not my favorite.
Ban
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:51 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:44 pm
Ban
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:44 pm I have a feeling MICH posted that to get a rise out of people but I don't know why you feel it's "dumb".
I know people who would tell you Ted Owens was their favorite KU coach - and mean it. Is that "dumb"?
I feel like a statement like this needs justification
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:00 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:44 pm I have a feeling MICH posted that to get a rise out of people but I don't know why you feel it's "dumb".
Multiple parts to the statement but to appease you.....
I don't have a problem with someone who appreciated Roy and he was their favorite.
Why would I?
If I go to a Bulls game and I see someone wearing a Derrick Rose (or any other player/s) jersey and not a Michael Jordan jersey, why would I have a problem with that?
It's often generational in regards to favorites.
Those I know who have said Ted is their favorite grew up being and/or became KU fans in the 70s.
Larry Brown was my favorite because he coached KU when I was in school and I got to know him. Bonus is he was a great coach.
"I love me some Bill self" doesn't need justification. "Despite one or two things I don't like about him" are. I don't like that he's sold out to some not good people. No, I am not going to name those specific people on here right now but those in the know - know who I am referring to. I don't like KU has had MANY off the court issues while he has been at KU. Some of which he at least played some role/s in. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, other KU coaches (such as my favorite) had their share/s too and were far from being completely "clean" guys. "But he's not my favorite" doesn't need justification.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:30 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:00 pm
Multiple parts to the statement but to appease you.....
I don't have a problem with someone who appreciated Roy and he was their favorite.
Why would I?
If I go to a Bulls game and I see someone wearing a Derrick Rose (or any other player/s) jersey and not a Michael Jordan jersey, why would I have a problem with that?
It's often generational in regards to favorites.
Those I know who have said Ted is their favorite grew up being and/or became KU fans in the 70s.
Larry Brown was my favorite because he coached KU when I was in school and I got to know him. Bonus is he was a great coach.
"I love me some Bill self" doesn't need justification. "Despite one or two things I don't like about him" are. I don't like that he's sold out to some not good people. No, I am not going to name those specific people on here right now but those in the know - know who I am referring to. I don't like KU has had MANY off the court issues while he has been at KU. Some of which he at least played some role/s in. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, other KU coaches (such as my favorite) had their share/s too and were far from being completely "clean" guys. "But he's not my favorite" doesn't need justification.
Fair analysis. Someone's favorite is a personal preference. Totally valid. Bill self has just been put on such a pedestal with KU fans with his success and longevity, that it's intriguing/rare to hear someone say their favorite coach was someone else
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:37 pm fuck tiny shirt TJ and his boooooo birds
Good band name
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:19 am
TDub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:37 pm fuck tiny shirt TJ and his boooooo birds
Good band name
Please welcome, Tiny Shirt TJ and the boooo birds, singing their hit singles

"Wandering Amesless (Lost in March)"
"Please Notice Me (I'm Relevant)"

and of course

"That Ref is Blind (remix of timeless classic That Girl is Mine)"
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Bill self to appear on "talk tuah" with the hawk tuah girl
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i just threw up a little
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:27 am i just threw up a little
I think that's a more, ah, advanced move.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Self just wants to see what all the hype is about
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what hype?

the childish social media bros amplifying a drunk blowjob joke? what sad commentary

‘murica
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:02 am Bill self to appear on "talk tuah" with the hawk tuah girl
Why?

Hawk Tuah - "Hey Bill, I don't know what a Jayhawk is and I have never watched a Kansas game but I was told you like dogs and thanks for coming on the show to help my animal foundation".
Bill - "Well, Haley, thank you. My guys are big fans of yours but my wife Cindy was a little nervous about me coming on here with you today".
Hawk Tuah - "My mom is a crack whore and her name is Cindy. You aint married to my momma are you? For real, my momma is a crack whore. I think she was named after Cindy Brady or something".
Bill - "NO, I am not married to your mother but my guess is if your mother has ever been in Lawrence Kansas, one of my guys may have banged your mother in McCarthy Hall. We've had a few issues with players and drugs and having sex with visitors. Hey Haley - why don't you come to Late Night. We got Nelly coming out. You know Nelly right?
Hawk Tuah - "Yeah, he's that Black guy with take off your clothes".
Bill - "Will be a good time. I know my guys would love it if you came and out fans are the greatest. You'll love them and they will love you. We got a coach here, Kurtis Townsend, he's a big fan of your's. He told me he wants to get you out for a game so if you can't make it to Late Night he said he will hook you up with tickets for game".
Hawk Tuah - "Where is Kansas"? Isn't it like near Montana or something"? I aint never been to Montana but I hear they have a lot of sky out there. I like sky".
Bill - "Well Haley, Kansas isn't really all that close to Montana. Kansas is beautiful. Great State. Known for wheat and cattle production".
Hawk Tuah - "You mean like cows and stuff"? I was a vegatablearian once but I like McDonalds too much not to eat cows. Donald Trump invited me to come down to that Marge Lako where he lives in Florida and he said he would invite the Miami Police Department for dinner and he would invite me too because I told him I think Cops are sexy and he asked me what I wanted for dinner and I told him Big Macs and like those Mac Nuggets with the honey mustard sauce and he told me that's his favorites too. I want to meet his wife Melatoma. She's like Russian or something".
Bill - "Ok, well, I um. I gotta get back to. We have. It was nice talking with you"
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:29 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:02 am Bill self to appear on "talk tuah" with the hawk tuah girl
Why?

Hawk Tuah - "Hey Bill, I don't know what a Jayhawk is and I have never watched a Kansas game but I was told you like dogs and thanks for coming on the show to help my animal foundation".
Bill - "Well, Haley, thank you. My guys are big fans of yours but my wife Cindy was a little nervous about me coming on here with you today".
Hawk Tuah - "My mom is a crack whore and her name is Cindy. You aint married to my momma are you? For real, my momma is a crack whore. I think she was named after Cindy Brady or something".
Bill - "NO, I am not married to your mother but my guess is if your mother has ever been in Lawrence Kansas, one of my guys may have banged your mother in McCarthy Hall. We've had a few issues with players and drugs and having sex with visitors. Hey Haley - why don't you come to Late Night. We got Nelly coming out. You know Nelly right?
Bill - "Will be a good time. I know my guys would love it if you came and out fans are the greatest. You'll love them and they will love you. We got a coach here, Kurtis Townsend, he's a big fan of your's. He told me he wants to get you out for a game so if you can't make it to Late Night he said he will hook you up with tickets for game".
Hawk Tuah - "Where is Kansas"? Isn't it like near Montana or something"? I aint never been to Montana but I hear they have a lot of sky out there. I like sky".
Bill - "Well Haley, Kansas isn't really all that close to Montana. Kansas is beautiful. Great State. Known for wheat and cattle production".
Hawk Tuah - "You mean like cows and stuff"? I was a vegatablearian once but I like McDonalds too much not to eat cows. Donald Trump invited me to come down to that Marge Lako where he lives in Florida and he said he would invite the Miami Police Department for dinner and he would invite me too because I told him I think Cops are sexy and he asked me what I wanted for dinner and I told him Big Macs and like those Mac Nuggets with the honey mustard sauce and he told me that's his favorites too. I want to meet his wife Melatoma. She's like Russian or something".
Bill - "Ok, well, I um. I gotta get back to. We have. It was nice talking with you"
You definitely painted a picture there Gutter
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:08 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:29 am
Why?

You definitely painted a picture there Gutter
Is that what you kids call it these days?