Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by KUTradition »

somebody’s feeling obnoxious today
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:31 pm somebody’s feeling obnoxious today
Shocked he didn't say anything else in the housing thread.

Something like "my bad, thanks for helping inform me. I got overly excited by another headline on yet another topic I am fairly ignorant about. I appreciate learning about opportunity zones and different kinds of tax abatement that can help drive development in certain areas".

Instead he went with crickets and then apparently moved onto a different thread for his obnoxious takes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:13 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:31 pm somebody’s feeling obnoxious today
Shocked he didn't say anything else in the housing thread.

Something like "my bad, thanks for helping inform me. I got overly excited by another headline on yet another topic I am fairly ignorant about. I appreciate learning about opportunity zones and different kinds of tax abatement that can help drive development in certain areas".

Instead he went with crickets and then apparently moved onto a different thread for his obnoxious takes.
bro, you’re totally in meltdown mode

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Haha. What a weird way to spin all those meaningless words I typed in an effort to help inform him.

Not sure how JFish does it day in and day out.

I've been trying to be nice (to Ous). Seems to be paying off for me.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:33 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Haha. What a weird way to spin all those meaningless words I typed in an effort to help inform him.

Not sure how JFish does it day in and day out.

I've been trying to be nice (to Ous). Seems to be paying off for me.
Ousy is turning you back into Illanoy.

Slow down man.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just saw the video of Walz visiting a local Runza

what a stark difference from the donut shop debacle
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Kamala must be killing it in Georgia. trumpty dumpty is tryin to get back on Kemp's good side.

In the mean time Kemp is saying he supports the felonious plumpty one, which he has to in public.

But do we really believe he would vote for that weird old fuck?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So just a normal interview like a normal human being would do.

No crazy weird shit, no Hannibal Lecter, no sharks or electric boats, no claims about winning elections that you obviously lost.

Just normal questions without weird answers.

Fucking hell, I think everyone not in the throes of the trumpty cult derangement syndrome will be pretty damn pleased with this! Just normal fucking adult discussion of adult subjects and moving our nation forward.

More normal stuff please!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

And she had follow ups, something that the opponent never had!

The other big difference? She actually answered the questions. At least the ones that mattered.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:36 pm So just a normal interview like a normal human being would do.

No crazy weird shit, no Hannibal Lecter, no sharks or electric boats, no claims about winning elections that you obviously lost.

Fucking hell, I think everyone not in the throes of the trumpty cult derangement syndrome will be pretty damn pleased with this! Just normal fucking adult discussion of adult subjects and moving our nation forward.

I think we’ve seen a preview of what she’ll do in the debate - she’s going to make him look small and petty and nuts.

The play is that she can do it without seeming weak. I think she can pull it off. She is very good at it keeping the blade in view.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:06 am
japhy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:36 pm So just a normal interview like a normal human being would do.

I think we’ve seen a preview of what she’ll do in the debate - she’s going to make him look small and petty and nuts.

The play is that she can do it without seeming weak. I think she can pull it off. She is very good at it keeping the blade in view.
Trump should be able to beat her in a debate. What do I mean by that? Continue to simply just hammer away on negatives during the CURRENT Biden (and her) administration. The average undecided/uncommitted voter cares about TODAY and focuses as much if not more on why NOT to vote for someone. Trump's problem is he doesn't/can't stick to script and as you said, he will inevitably come off as being "small, petty, and nuts".
OUR problem is there are a lot of people in this country who get off on that. His being "small, petty, and nuts".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he can’t even beat her during his own rallies

he’ll get smoked in an actual debate, exactly because he’ll just continue to recycle the same bs…kinda like psych and randi
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:49 am he can’t even beat her during his own rallies

he’ll get smoked in an actual debate, exactly because he’ll just continue to recycle the same bs…kinda like psych and randi
I think that’s exactly why the strategy is strength in restraint. The answer she gave last night, to Trump’s racist shit-stirring, was perfect.

Make him look silly and weak, not scary and powerful.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:49 am he can’t even beat her during his own rallies

You honestly think Kamala Harris is smarter and a better debater than Hillary Clinton was? I don't.
I'm not saying I feel Donald Trump "beat" Hillary Clinton when they debated but I will say I feel Donald Trump did a lot better than people give him credit for. Those who claim he didn't, tell me how Hillary winning the debates worked out for her.
Again, I feel if he sticks to script - he will do ok against her in the debate - in regards to what an undecided/uncommitted voter will deduce (is that the right word I am looking for?).
But.... I fully expect him to go off script. At least I hope he does.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:22 am

You honestly think Kamala Harris is smarter and a better debater than Hillary Clinton was? I don't.
I'm not saying I feel Donald Trump "beat" Hillary Clinton when they debated but I will say I feel Donald Trump did a lot better than people give him credit for. Those who claim he didn't, tell me how Hillary winning the debates worked out for her.
Again, I feel if he sticks to script - he will do ok against her in the debate - in regards to what an undecided/uncommitted voter will deduce (is that the right word I am looking for?).
do you honestly think trump is as mentally competent as he was 8 years ago? i don’t

i also happen to think that Kamala’s prosecutorial bona fides would serve her quite well on a debate stage opposite trump
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:39 am

do you honestly think trump is as mentally competent as he was 8 years ago? i don’t

i also happen to think that Kamala’s prosecutorial bona fides would serve her quite well on a debate stage opposite trump
I agree, but (on the last point anyway) maybe not in the same way you have in mind. I think it would be a major strategic error for her to try to "beat" Trump by arguing tit for tat. I'd say something about Russian judges, but that seems too on the nose. The point is, all she can win by doing that is emotional celebration from those who already hate Trump.

I think the much stronger strategic play is to leverage the power of letting the JURY reach, without the prosecutor saying the words, the conclusion the prosecutor wants. Let the JURY see that Trump is a small, old, feeble man-child, whose unserious catchphrase and scareword vomit is worth little more than disdain.

It's leverage 101 - the best way to get someone to do what you want them to do, is to let them think it's their own idea.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

No. I don't think he is as mentally competent as he was 8 years ago. He has proved he's competent enough - in that while he didn't say much of substance that was good - he didn't have any major blunders that really hurt himself against Old Balls Brain Dead Joey.

As far as Kamala’s prosecutorial bona fides, unlike some people on here, I admit I have not taken to the time to educate myself - on what the debate formats are.
While I am probably giving the Trump team too much credit, I think they realize Trump could suffer in regards to it and will prepare him the best they can.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:48 am

I agree, but (on the last point anyway) maybe not in the same way you have in mind. I think it would be a major strategic error for her to try to "beat" Trump by arguing tit for tat. I'd say something about Russian judges, but that seems too on the nose. The point is, all she can win by doing that is emotional celebration from those who already hate Trump.

I think the much stronger strategic play is to leverage the power of letting the JURY reach, without the prosecutor saying the words, the conclusion the prosecutor wants. Let the JURY see that Trump is a small, old, feeble man-child, whose unserious catchphrase and scareword vomit is worth little more than disdain.

It's leverage 101 - the best way to get someone to do what you want them to do, is to let them think it's their own idea.
i agree

i don’t think she should (or would, hopefully) play his game. i don’t think she should even acknowledge him any more than she must, if at all. he feeds off of the conflict and attention, so just don’t give it to him
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:35 am

Trump should be able to beat her in a debate. What do I mean by that? Continue to simply just hammer away on negatives during the CURRENT Biden (and her) administration. The average undecided/uncommitted voter cares about TODAY and focuses as much if not more on why NOT to vote for someone. Trump's problem is he doesn't/can't stick to script and as you said, he will inevitably come off as being "small, petty, and nuts".
OUR problem is there are a lot of people in this country who get off on that. His being "small, petty, and nuts".
I'd say Trump's problem is also that he has no idea how to fix any of the problems tomorrow, too. Some of his ideas for fixing the economy and prices are absurd; others are non existent.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:17 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:35 am

I'd say Trump's problem is also that he has no idea how to fix any of the problems tomorrow, too. Some of his ideas for fixing the economy and prices are absurd; others are non existent.
You and I think and realize that. Unfortunately there are many who disagree and believe he is their Messiah.