KU FB 2024

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: KU FB 2024

Post by Sparko »

Lindenwood played JD as a pocket passer who would not run, allowing a LB who be their spy to drop into coverage. JD will need to keep teams honest and slide before contact scrupulously. Even a third tier team figured that out. There was no need at all to risk a second half by Daniels--they had one targeting called and another not, so the LBs were bringing the wood as they got free shots. Ballard took advantage of run lanes for QBs almost immediately, so great coaching adjustment there. There was some rust, but overall a clean game at the point of attack.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:07 pm
AlOerter wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:46 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:41 am Part of me wishes they'd have let Jalen try to go nuts yesterday with 4 or 5 TDs and 400 or 500 yards total offense so that'd he would have gotten into the Heisman convo early on.
With the weapons he has, he will go off against better competition. If he is who we know he is he will be in that convo.
I was glad they held him out of the second half for two reasons: 1) there's always the chance of a cheap shot that ends his season against a nobody program, and 2) the less film there is for other teams to scout, the better. I am SO tired of losing to KSUck year in and year out. It would be epic to curb stomp them at their house this season.
I don’t think it would have to be just a cheap shot. I mean, a cheap shot could end ANYONE’S season early, of course.

We still don’t know if JD is made out of glass or not this year. I agree he’ll need to play smart and avoid contact to help ensure he doesn’t revisit a brittle state.

I do have confidence that Leipold and staff have coached him appropriately on such matters.

Last nights first string offense was mostly vanilla.

Grimm is a good receiver. I think he’s going to be many fan’s favorite at end of year if not already so, and theoretically, in a vacuum, Skinner and JD are going to have some fantastic connections this season.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

A few people around me were questioning in earnest the choice of uniform.

I didn’t know they were going with this color pattern myself, but I quickly deduced it was a nod to SKC (as well as historically relevant)…we wore these once at least last year too I think?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It's football. You can't avoid contact completely. JD is not made out of glass.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:52 pm A few people around me were questioning in earnest the choice of uniform.

I didn’t know they were going with this color pattern myself, but I quickly deduced it was a nod to SKC (as well as historically relevant)…we wore these once at least last year too I think?
Who/what is SKC?
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:46 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:07 pm
AlOerter wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:46 am
With the weapons he has, he will go off against better competition. If he is who we know he is he will be in that convo.
I was glad they held him out of the second half for two reasons: 1) there's always the chance of a cheap shot that ends his season against a nobody program, and 2) the less film there is for other teams to scout, the better. I am SO tired of losing to KSUck year in and year out. It would be epic to curb stomp them at their house this season.
I don’t think it would have to be just a cheap shot. I mean, a cheap shot could end ANYONE’S season early, of course.

We still don’t know if JD is made out of glass or not this year. I agree he’ll need to play smart and avoid contact to help ensure he doesn’t revisit a brittle state.

I do have confidence that Leipold and staff have coached him appropriately on such matters.

Last nights first string offense was mostly vanilla.

Grimm is a good receiver. I think he’s going to be many fan’s favorite at end of year if not already so, and theoretically, in a vacuum, Skinner and JD are going to have some fantastic connections this season.
JD's history would suggest that he is (at least to some degree) made out of glass. His availability is the difference between a major bowl game opportunity and a so-so year, imho.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:58 pm His availability is the difference between a major bowl game opportunity and a so-so year, imho.
Absolutely. The same can be said about nearly all top teams star QB. There is some luck involved in staying healthy.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:52 pm It's football. You can't avoid contact completely. JD is not made out of glass.
Someone who is often injured, or has an injury repeat to same location in body is often referred to in this manner.

JD has checked the made out of glass box the last two seasons.

I hope he’s injury free this year.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:57 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:52 pm A few people around me were questioning in earnest the choice of uniform.

Who/what is SKC?
Sporting Kansas City. The soccer team that calls Children’s Mercy home.

AKA: the wiz(ards), mostly by dumb cunts that hate change.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:13 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:58 pm His availability is the difference between a major bowl game opportunity and a so-so year, imho.
Absolutely. The same can be said about nearly all top teams star QB. There is some luck involved in staying healthy.
The severity and localization of JD’s injury have been much higher than most players in general.

Yea there is luck to avoiding injury in all sports.

I think your argument is moot here, though.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:18 pm

Who/what is SKC?

Ah. Soccer. That would explain why I didn’t get the reference.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I also thought this ( keeping Daniels and Neal in ) but this could be our best season in a while -- let's keep our possible Naismith candidate a possible Naismith candidate.

But lol at Neal's numbers.
8 carries, 112 yards, 2 TDs.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:31 pm

Who/what is SKC?

I guess. But I’m not biting on this line of thought.

This said, I’m a nerd about places and such, and had I not known anything about where KU played last night, I would have researched it leading up to the game.

At the end of the day, I thought wearing SKC’s colors was really cool.

And as much as I hate playing in Arrowhead, the all Reds (that would be to is team called the Chiefs’ colors, who play at Arrowhead)…

…I believe many here (and throughout Jayhawk nation who ardently support the Chiefs) are going to absolutely cream themselves when worn during games there this year.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:34 pm I also thought this ( keeping Daniels and Neal in ) but this could be our best season in a while -- let's keep our possible Naismith candidate a possible Naismith candidate.

But lol at Neal's numbers.
8 carries, 112 yards, 2 TDs.
Every starting skill position is elite this year. It’s pretty cool.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:36 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:31 pm

I guess. But I’m not biting on this line of thought.

This said, I’m a nerd about places and such, and had I not known anything about where KU played last night, I would have researched it leading up to the game.

At the end of the day, I thought wearing SKC’s colors was really cool.

And as much as I hate playing in Arrowhead, the all Reds (that would be to is team called the Chiefs’ colors, who play at Arrowhead)…

…I believe many here (and throughout Jayhawk nation who ardently support the Chiefs) are going to absolutely cream themselves when worn during games there this year.
That will be cool.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Who/what is SKC?

The WIZ!

( btw I love change but not when it's pointless or for the worse )

Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:43 pm
(I did this wrong, but here’s the part of my message I wanted cut:)

That will be cool.

Yes. As was the nod to SKC.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

lol @ me
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:46 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:43 pm
(I did this wrong, but here’s the part of my message I wanted cut:)

That will be cool.

Yes. As was the nod to SKC.
You are definitely entitled to that opinion. ;)
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Dude:

Those Wiz unis are not better! SKC has one of the cleanest looking uniforms in MLS imo.