Trump derangement syndrome

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Trump derangement syndrome

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:05 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:03 pm Under trump we were not funneling hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars into foreign conflicts. Under the biden/harris regime we are. Ukraine and Russia were ready to come to peace terms into NATO stepped back in. this continued war guarantees 2 things: people dying and profits for the military industrial machine
You mean Trump's buddy invading Ukraine you POS? Get lost. What a POS
You know very little about Ukraine. Like how the united states had built biolabs there for research. Like how the united states has been dabbling in their politics for decades. Like the military activity NATO has done in Ukraine. I'm antiwar in general, but it's not like Russia invaded unprovoked. Plus, this was formerly their land. They have a long complicated history in that region.

Side note.. do you understand how many places the US military has invaded? Lol. For political reasons. Do you hold the Clinton's, bush's, Obama and everybody else to the same standard that you hold putin?

I'll forgive you for calling me a POS because I know you're ignorant and desperate
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

projection is fun
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:03 pm Under trump we were not funneling hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars into foreign conflicts. Under the biden/harris regime we are. Ukraine and Russia were ready to come to peace terms into NATO stepped back in. this continued war guarantees 2 things: people dying and profits for the military industrial machine
Eh, do you not remember us being at war in Afghanistan for literally THE ENTIRE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION?

You're either a fucking moron or a fucking liar.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:05 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:55 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:16 pm

As you point out, it is highly subjective, even in the best of circumstances. Case in point: In the 1970’s a Stanford professor had a group of students fake mental illness to get admitted to a psych hospital. Not only were they admitted, but they had a hell of a time convincing the medical staff that they were pretending so they could be released.
Ahhh. The great Rosenhan dilemma and what I have thought about in deeper terms, because I myself was "mis-evaluated" and "institutionalized" for a few hours, before I got an attorney involved and got the heck out. I have shared that story and can/will share it again but I'll spare you and everyone else for now.

I would sincerely/genuinely appreciate your insight - and I promise I will not ridicule you for it.
Basically in regards to the Rosenhan "experiment".... Someone tells you he/she is hallucinating and hearing voices when you are evaluating them. Then soon after, they act "fine" and tell you they are "fine". So... What as a care giver are you supposed to do? Let them go out in to society without making sure they are "fine"? What if any liability do you have? My guess is there are "waivers" that are signed. Yes? No?
It's also just a guess that many if not a majority of people who are "institutionalized" against their will, will tell their caregivers (and/or try to pretend) that they are "fine" to get the heck out of the "institution".
On the flip side, someone tells you they are "fine" when you are evaluating them, and they are really hallucinating and hearing voices and don't tell you as such. How would you know that they are actually hallucinating and hearing voices if you didn't spend an excessive amount of time evaluating them?
It’s tricky, but the central question is not whether or. It someone is psychotic, but whether they are a danger to themselves or others. Thinking you’re Jesus or the King of England isn’t illegal; believing that your identity as one of those individuals gives you the right to kill people is.

Figuring out which is which takes time and observation, which is why most hospitals have the right to do a 72 hour involuntary hold. You can document enough one way or another to mitigate against danger or liability that way, and most malingerers let the mask slip over that period of time.
Thanks for the response.

Moving on.......

This thread went from randy sharing the "Greatest political ad of all time" to randy yet again and again proving he is clueless. Don't get me wrong, there have been some factual things he has posted and some opinion based things that I actually agree with him about but.... He's a clueless (and ignorant) on way too many political topics that he pretends he is in the know about. As this thread has proven.
So what do we diagnose him with?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Looks like Jack White has TDS, too:

The Trump campaign used Seven Nation Army in one of their videos on social media and Jack White is not having it.

Enraged Jack White GOES OFF And Sues Trump!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:18 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:05 pm
You mean Trump's buddy invading Ukraine you POS? Get lost. What a POS
You know very little about Ukraine. Like how the united states had built biolabs there for research. Like how the united states has been dabbling in their politics for decades. Like the military activity NATO has done in Ukraine. I'm antiwar in general, but it's not like Russia invaded unprovoked. Plus, this was formerly their land. They have a long complicated history in that region.

Side note.. do you understand how many places the US military has invaded? Lol. For political reasons. Do you hold the Clinton's, bush's, Obama and everybody else to the same standard that you hold putin?

I'll forgive you for calling me a POS because I know you're ignorant and desperate
I am going to try and be somewhat nice and somewhat respectful.
You, of all people, telling someone else they know little about a topic (that you yourself know SOMETHING about but NOT a whole lot about), and then telling that person they are "ignorant and desperate", is the epitome of who you are on this board.
You think you are very knowledgable about a vast amount of political topics - but you aren't, and you come off as being so fricking brainwashed in the whatever it is cult that you're in, that it has caused you to have a distorted sense of reality, and the ability to differentiate fiction from fact. I actually find it somewhat frightening. Not so much to and for me, it's when I think about those you care for and what fiction you try and pass off as being fact to them.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:08 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:55 pm

Ahhh. The great Rosenhan dilemma and what I have thought about in deeper terms, because I myself was "mis-evaluated" and "institutionalized" for a few hours, before I got an attorney involved and got the heck out. I have shared that story and can/will share it again but I'll spare you and everyone else for now.

I would sincerely/genuinely appreciate your insight - and I promise I will not ridicule you for it.
Basically in regards to the Rosenhan "experiment".... Someone tells you he/she is hallucinating and hearing voices when you are evaluating them. Then soon after, they act "fine" and tell you they are "fine". So... What as a care giver are you supposed to do? Let them go out in to society without making sure they are "fine"? What if any liability do you have? My guess is there are "waivers" that are signed. Yes? No?
It's also just a guess that many if not a majority of people who are "institutionalized" against their will, will tell their caregivers (and/or try to pretend) that they are "fine" to get the heck out of the "institution".
On the flip side, someone tells you they are "fine" when you are evaluating them, and they are really hallucinating and hearing voices and don't tell you as such. How would you know that they are actually hallucinating and hearing voices if you didn't spend an excessive amount of time evaluating them?
It’s tricky, but the central question is not whether or. It someone is psychotic, but whether they are a danger to themselves or others. Thinking you’re Jesus or the King of England isn’t illegal; believing that your identity as one of those individuals gives you the right to kill people is.

Figuring out which is which takes time and observation, which is why most hospitals have the right to do a 72 hour involuntary hold. You can document enough one way or another to mitigate against danger or liability that way, and most malingerers let the mask slip over that period of time.
Thanks for the response.

Moving on.......

This thread went from randy sharing the "Greatest political ad of all time" to randy yet again and again proving he is clueless. Don't get me wrong, there have been some factual things he has posted and some opinion based things that I actually agree with him about but.... He's a clueless (and ignorant) on way too many political topics that he pretends he is in the know about. As this thread has proven.
I would say that he, like everyone else here, has strong opinions that some others don’t care for. It all flows both ways. People say mean things that they wouldn’t say if they were sitting across from one another, and it escalates from there. Not sure any of that warrants a DSM-IV-TR diagnosis.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:39 pm

Thanks for the response.

Moving on.......

I would say that he, like everyone else here, has strong opinions that some others don’t care for. It all flows both ways. People say mean things that they wouldn’t say if they were sitting across from one another, and it escalates from there. Not sure any of that warrants a DSM-IV-TR diagnosis.
Ok, can/will you now diagnose what it is when someone believes something is true, that is 100% false, and people prove to them is 100% false, and they still don't accept it as being false - or at least refuse to admit it is false.
Something you and randy (and possibly/probably me at times ;) ) suffer from on here.
I'll never forget when a co-worker said she didn't believe it was going to snow despite weather forecasts that said it was going to 100% snow. I told her to look out the window. It was snowing. Hard. I then sarcastically asked her, now do you think it is going to snow - and she said no.
I asked her if she sees that it is snowing outside - and she didn't respond with a yes or no.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:55 pm

Thanks for the response.

Moving on.......

Ok, can/will you now diagnose what it is when someone believes something is true, that is 100% false, and people prove to them is 100% false, and they still don't accept it as being false - or at least refuse to admit it is false.
Something you and randy (and possibly/probably me at times ;) ) suffer from on here.
I'll never forget when a co-worker said she didn't believe it was going to snow despite weather forecasts that said it was going to 100% snow. I told her to look out the window. It was snowing. Hard. I then sarcastically asked her, now do you think it is going to snow - and she said no.
I asked her if she sees that it is snowing outside - and she didn't respond with a yes or no.
My mother told me a story several years ago, forgive me if I have shared it here before. She was walking home from school with one of her friends. They were walking past a Catholic school when they saw a nun holding a student out of the window. I don't recall exactly in what manner the child was being held as it has been a few years since she told me but both of the kids had legitimate concerns that the child was going to be dropped out of the window. The nun was screaming threats at the child and the child was screaming and terrified that they would be thrown or dropped out of the window. Each kid went home and told their parents about the incident.

My grandmother told my Mom that sometimes adults lose control of their temper and do things that they should not do. The parents of the other child, devout Catholics, told the child that she must be mistaken and convinced her that she did not see what they saw. To the point where the next time that my Mom saw her and discussed it with her, she denied that it happened. To the person who was with her when it happened.

Some people simply choose to believe what they want to believe even when it is directly in conflict with something they know to be true because accepting that truth would mean that their world view was wrong the whole time. It's a phenomenon that has been studied again and again.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 ... -our-minds

https://medium.com/trust-media-and-demo ... 9b4e161eb5
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:13 pm

My mother told me a story several years ago, forgive me if I have shared it here before. She was walking home from school with one of her friends. They were walking past a Catholic school when they saw a nun holding a student out of the window. I don't recall exactly in what manner the child was being held as it has been a few years since she told me but both of the kids had legitimate concerns that the child was going to be dropped out of the window. The nun was screaming threats at the child and the child was screaming and terrified that they would be thrown or dropped out of the window. Each kid went home and told their parents about the incident.

My grandmother told my Mom that sometimes adults lose control of their temper and do things that they should not do. The parents of the other child, devout Catholics, told the child that she must be mistaken and convinced her that she did not see what they saw. To the point where the next time that my Mom saw her and discussed it with her, she denied that it happened. To the person who was with her when it happened.

Some people simply choose to believe what they want to believe even when it is directly in conflict with something they know to be true because accepting that truth would mean that their world view was wrong the whole time. It's a phenomenon that has been studied again and again.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 ... -our-minds

https://medium.com/trust-media-and-demo ... 9b4e161eb5
Intersting.
Here is some Gutter logic (oxymoron).
The human brain is one of the most fascinating (to me) things on the planet - and - in my typical whacked out way of thinking - I'll say, a/the brain is one of the best inventions of all time and one of the worst inventions of all time.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Thanks for the response.

Moving on.......

Here’s the flaw in your analogy: I look outside and see gas prices double what they were, food prices out of control, homeless illegals encamped all over the place, but you all keep telling me that I’m not seeing or experiencing those things, that I should trust the people who got us into this situation with four more years.

Do I believe my eyes and my bank account, or do I believe you?

It’s hard to categorize myself as the one out of touch with reality.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if we’re producing more oil now than anyone (ever), then whose fault is it that fuel prices are so high?

don’t you find it odd that the petroleum industry continues to rake in record profits?

also, someone as smart as you should know that it’s disingenuous to compare gas prices now to what they were in the midst of a global pandemic when most everyone’s travel (and this demand) was reduced

did you also not just see the news where the kroger sales head admitted to price gouging?

your insistence on blaming anyone except those directly at fault is exactly why i (and i assume others) ridicule you

but, you do you
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

imagine…petroleum companies keep the price of fuel elevated in order to motivate voters to support continued extraction

they could build more refineries, and improve the science (and reflective costs) of the seasonal blend turnover

but, why would they do that when they can just keep lining their pockets?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:31 pm if we’re producing more oil now than anyone (ever), then whose fault is it that fuel prices are so high?

don’t you find it odd that the petroleum industry continues to rake in record profits?

also, someone as smart as you should know that it’s disingenuous to compare gas prices now to what they were in the midst of a global pandemic when most everyone’s travel (and this demand) was reduced

did you also not just see the news where the kroger sales head admitted to price gouging?

your insistence on blaming anyone except those directly at fault is exactly why i (and i assume others) ridicule you

but, you do you
^^^

Psych's ideology has its way with him to a frightening level.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:21 pm

Here’s the flaw in your analogy: I look outside and see gas prices double what they were, food prices out of control, homeless illegals encamped all over the place, but you all keep telling me that I’m not seeing or experiencing those things, that I should trust the people who got us into this situation with four more years.

I'm not sure if your "you" is supposed to be me or someone else.
I'm the guy who posts (has posted) about high food prices and not homeless but "illegals" (actually, I use the word "migrants") all over the place.
I'm not telling you that you're not seeing or experiencing those things - or at least I'm not telling people I don't see and experience those things.
I'm not telling you who you should trust - for four more years of team Harris - or 4 more years of Trump.
Like you, I believe my eyes and my bank account (well, if by "bank account" we are including my 401k - then it's a more complicated story) and I believe myself.
I'm completely in touch with MY reality in those regards.

Looking at the country as a whole, I'm the guy trying to convince the Dems on the board that many Americans have been negatively impacted by "the economy" - and at the end of the day, that's been a BIG factor in their lives. Enough so, that the million dollar question is if like you, they believe Kamala and company will negatively impact their financial well being for the next 4 years, and they believe the Orange Messiah will wave his magic micro dick and make everything wonderful, will enough of those people sway the election. Problem is if they do, they very well might be in for an unpleasant surprise. Multiple unpleasant surprises.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:10 pm

I'm the guy who posts (has posted) about high food prices and not homeless but "illegals" (actually, I use the word "migrants") all over the place.
I'm not telling you that you're not seeing or experiencing those things - or at least I'm not telling people I don't see and experience those things.
I'm not telling you who you should trust - for four more years of team Harris - or 4 more years of Trump.
Like you, I believe my eyes and my bank account (well, if by "bank account" we are including my 401k - then it's a more complicated story) and I believe myself.

Looking at the country as a whole, I'm the guy trying to convince the Dems on the board that many Americans have been negatively impacted by "the economy" - and at the end of the day, that's been a BIG factor in their lives. Enough so, that the million dollar question is if like you, they believe Kamala and company will negatively impact their financial well being for the next 4 years, and they believe the Orange Messiah will wave his magic micro dick and make everything wonderful, will enough of those people sway the election. Problem is if they do, they very well might be in for an unpleasant surprise. Multiple unpleasant surprises.
I don’t have any use for euphemisms like “migrants.” They are in this country illegally and are a detriment to its citizens. As far as I’m concerned, they are illegal aliens or, if you prefer, criminal trespassers.

Every time Giggles claims that, if elected, she will get to work on these problems, I wonder why it wasn’t a priority the last 3 1/2 years that she has been in power. She/they didn’t care then, and they don’t care now. I trust the Orange Man’s track record a heck of a lot more than hers.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:23 pm

I don’t have any use for euphemisms like “migrants.” They are in this country illegally and are a detriment to its citizens. As far as I’m concerned, they are illegal aliens or, if you prefer, criminal trespassers.

Every time Giggles claims that, if elected, she will get to work on these problems, I wonder why it wasn’t a priority the last 3 1/2 years that she has been in power. She/they didn’t care then, and they don’t care now. I trust the Orange Man’s track record a heck of a lot more than hers.
You seem to be on to something.

I am confident if Mike Pence had an idea that he was sure would be better for this country, Trump would have patted him on the back and encouraged him to get out and get that done…..correct?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Here we go....
To say they are a "detriment" is in some ways factual about some/many/most of them but is it fair to say it about those who aren't a "detriment"?
Label them as you choose but if you think we didn't have an issue with them under Trump, then I have an ocean to sell you in the desert.

For you to say Kamala Harris didn't care and doesn't care now it just plain false. This is a bad analogy but it makes me wonder if you think/feel/believe Bill Self didn't care about the KU Basketball team the last 2 games of last season because the team massively failed.
Orange Man's track record is what? Running on telling people his solution is to build a wall, a beautiful wall, a wall like no one has ever seen before, the best wall, and he is going to have Mexico pay for it?
I know, I know, that was just a big simple part of his plan and yes, "under" Trump "illegal" immigration was much less of an issue than it has been under Biden. For you, that may be a big factor in your voting for Trump over Harris. It may be for some/many other people. I don't think it's as big of a factor as he and a lot of other people believe it is - but I could very well be wrong about that.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:45 pm

You seem to be on to something.

I am confident if Mike Pence had an idea that he was sure would be better for this country, Trump would have patted him on the back and encouraged him to get out and get that done…..correct?
I hear Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Aire is in the market for a boat. You and Vince Neil might wanna cut your bear hunting trip short so you can give him a call.

And Giggles has no ideas of her own. That was painfully evident in her disastrous interview this week. There’s a reason they are keeping her out of the way.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gas has only doubled if you count where it was after Trump let covid ravage the country. From Jan 2020 to last month, the average price of gas where I live went from $2.42 a gallon to $3.26 a gallon. Not quite the "double" you claim.

https://neo.ne.gov/programs/stats/inf/97.htm

So no, I do not believe your eyes because you simply choose to claim to see what you want. It's why eyewitness testimony is so unreliable. I choose facts when they are available.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.