Gutter's 5 Good Questions For National Diatomaceous Earth Day 8/31/24

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 Good Questions For National Diatomaceous Earth Day 8/31/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. I admit I am not familiar with Diatomaceous Earth. Rather than ask a question about Diatomaceous Earth, I will ask a question about matchmaking - being that it's also National Matchmaking Day.
Answer ONE of the following two questions.
a. Do you own/possess in your home - a book of matches?
b. Have you ever fixed up ("matchmaked") a couple that ended up getting married?

2. When you were between 8 and 12 years old, who was a famous person you would have liked to have met?

3. You must go to one of these places by yourself and spend 6 consecutive hours. You can not do nothing while you are there. You have to spend at least 4.5 of those hours either on a tour/walking around and observing on your own/participating in activities/etc.
Which do you chose?
a. The Art Institute of Chicago
b. National Museum of African American History and Culture in D.C.
c. Disneyland (in CA)
d. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland
e. Steven F. Udvar - Hazy Center in VA
f. JFK Presidential Library and Museum in MA
g. International UFO Museum and Research Center in NM

4.If your work enabled you to work a 9 hour day, any consecutive 9 hours, Monday through Friday, which of the following would you choose?
a. 8:00am - 5:00pm
b. 5:30am - 2:30pm
c. 10:00am - 7:00pm
d. 6:00am - 3:00pm
e. 12:00pm - 9:00pm
f. 9:00am - 6:00pm
g. 2:00pm - 11:00pm

5. Who do you feel is the MOST TALENTED (not necessarily "the best") of the following athletes?
a. Lionel Messi
b. Connor McDavid
c. Mookie Betts
d. Steph Curry
e. William Buick
f. Nyjah Huston
g. Patrick Mahomes
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Gutter's 5 Good Questions For National Diatomaceous Earth Day 8/31/24

Post by pdub »

1. Yes. A good friend of mine hooked up with his current wife at my college house.
2. I was really into the movie Willow when I was 8 so maybe Val Kilmer.
3. Art Institute
4. 8 am start
5. Messi or Mahomes
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:50 am 1. Yes. A good friend of mine hooked up with his current wife at my college house.
3. Art Institute
4. 8 am start
5. Messi or Mahomes
I'm going to wait for others to respond - and then respond to each person's answers.
It's important to me that people know most of the time I actually do read (and appreciate) their responses.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

1.) Diatomaceous earth is actually good for digestion and overall health when taken mixed with juice or water (it has to be food grade). It also kills fleas if you spread it around in your carpet.
a.) No
b.) No

2.) Larry Bird

3.) g
4.) f
5.) The only two on the list I've even heard of are Curry and Mahomes, and, since I can't stand Curry, I'll go with Mahomes.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Yes, I found a TGI Fridays logo match book in our house. Left by the previous owner. No.
2) Neil Armstrong
3) Art Institute
4) D 6am
5) Probably Messi
Broham
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. We use diatomaceous earth (brand name Celite) extensively in our work. To the point that, like Kleenex or Xerox, the brand is synonymous with the item. Often, it’s also a verb (“just celite the solution”). It’s used mainly as a filter-aid for removal of fine particles.
a. Yes
b. Yes

2. Neil Armstrong

3. Art institute

4. 8-5

5. Messi, Curry
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

1. book of matches. Yes.
2. Bobby Clark
3.Rock n roll hof
4. 8 to 5
5. Connor mcdavid
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Diatomaceous earth I use to throw in where the chickens have decided to create their dirt baths, it's good for keeping their feathers and skin clean and discourage bugs

1. a yes, many
b. no

2. Jordan
3. UFO museum/research center...though rock n roll of a close second
4. 5:30 - 2:30
5. Messi
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:50 am 1. Yes. A good friend of mine hooked up with his current wife at my college house.
3. Art Institute
4. 8 am start
5. Messi or Mahomes
1. NICE!
2. Interesting.
3. I figured it would be an unpopular choice but I understand why YOU would choose it.
4. That's when I start. I would choose to start earlier to end earlier.
5. I'm not going to argue or disagree. I will say, it's an interesting response. I'll elaborate more later.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:39 am 1.) Diatomaceous earth is actually good for digestion and overall health when taken mixed with juice or water (it has to be food grade). It also kills fleas if you spread it around in your carpet.
a.) No
b.) No

2.) Larry Bird

3.) g
4.) f
5.) The only two on the list I've even heard of are Curry and Mahomes, and, since I can't stand Curry, I'll go with Mahomes.
1. I did take time to minimally educate myself on what it is earlier this morning.
2. Good choice.
3. Strong potential to be the most interesting to me.
4. Not a bad choice. Too late of a start and too late of a finish for me.
5. Interesting. I through in some "lesser known" names on purpose but I would have figured you have heard of Messi. I think he very well may be the most popular/famous current athlete in the world right now.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:58 am 1) Yes, I found a TGI Fridays logo match book in our house. Left by the previous owner. No.
2) Neil Armstrong
3) Art Institute
4) D 6am
5) Probably Messi
1. NICE!
2. NICE!
3. See my response to pdub - but I wouldn't have guessed that would have been YOUR choice.
4. Early bird gets the.... I would like to finish my day early so I might agree with you.
5. Hmmmm
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

zsn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:24 am 1. We use diatomaceous earth (brand name Celite) extensively in our work. To the point that, like Kleenex or Xerox, the brand is synonymous with the item. Often, it’s also a verb (“just celite the solution”). It’s used mainly as a filter-aid for removal of fine particles.
a. Yes
b. Yes

2. Neil Armstrong

3. Art institute

4. 8-5

5. Messi, Curry
1. See my response to JK
2. Interesting that you and someone else both chose him.
3. Wow! 3 people so far have chosen the AI.
4. Those are my current hours
5. Hmmmm
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:40 am 1. book of matches. Yes.
2. Bobby Clark
3.Rock n roll hof
4. 8 to 5
5. Connor mcdavid
1. I wonder if you are in the minority in regards to your answer. 40 years ago I would think most American people had a book of matches in their home. These days, I would guess less than 40%.
2. NICE! One of my favorite athletes of all time!
3. Good choice. Been there. Done that.
4. Again, my current hours.
5. Not at all surprised that is YOUR response and guess what? He's definitely in my top 2 on the list I provided.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:06 am 1. Diatomaceous earth I use to throw in where the chickens have decided to create their dirt baths, it's good for keeping their feathers and skin clean and discourage bugs

1. a yes, many
b. no

2. Jordan
5. Messi
1. See my previous responses.
2. Good choice! Not sure why and don't mean to insult you but I thought you were a bit older.
3. Yep. Might be the most interesting to me - in that it's also one of the choices on my list that I haven't been to.
4. Probably too early for me but it would be doable.
5. Hmmm
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MY responses.

a. "Book"? I don't think so. "Box"? I think so.

2. Without thinking about it, Farrah Fawcett came to mind. Even as a kid I appreciated her.

3. Come on! While chaotic, of course I would want to go to the happiest place on Earth.

4. d. 6:00am to 3:00pm

5. In order.....
Connor McDavid
Mookie Betts
Nyjah Huston
Patrick Mahomes
Steph Curry
Willam Buick
Lionel Messi
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:14 am 2. Interesting that you and someone else both chose him.
I was 8-12 years old in the first half of the 70s and grew up in a place where there was no TV and radio, newspapers and magazines were the sole sources of information. Most famous people were Armstrong, Alfred Hitchcock, Pele, Mohamad Ali and Bruce Lee! I wasn’t old enough to have seen Hitchcock movies.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:39 am 5.) The only two on the list I've even heard of are Curry and Mahomes, and, since I can't stand Curry, I'll go with Mahomes.
Not surprising in the slightest, given your posts on the other bored.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:25 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:39 am 5.) The only two on the list I've even heard of are Curry and Mahomes, and, since I can't stand Curry, I'll go with Mahomes.
How so?
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:19 am
TDub wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:06 am 1. Diatomaceous earth I use to throw in where the chickens have decided to create their dirt baths, it's good for keeping their feathers and skin clean and discourage bugs

1. a yes, many
b. no

2. Jordan
5. Messi
1. See my previous responses.
2. Good choice! Not sure why and don't mean to insult you but I thought you were a bit older.
3. Yep. Might be the most interesting to me - in that it's also one of the choices on my list that I haven't been to.
4. Probably too early for me but it would be doable.
5. Hmmm
I was right in part of that zone during his first 3peat

I'm not easily insulted, it'd probably just my incredible knowledge and maturity...lol

Also, I grew up around and have always generally been friends with people older than me so most of my references are older. I relate most, culturally, with those born in the early to mid 70s even tho I'm a few years behind that.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:36 am
zsn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:25 am
How so?
Several ways.

1. Look at Gutter’s response to your initial post. Anyone who gets one’s news from more than two diverse sources would know who Lionel Messi is. He’s the most well known athlete in the world. One is not likely to know a jockey or skateboarder, but Betts and McDavid are both quite well known - maybe not Messi-level, but famous nonetheless.

2. The question was who was MOST TALENTED. Not who you like most. But you based your choice on your personal bias. There are many talented people I don’t like. But I never discount their talents (eg. Coach K).

You just proved that your world view is very narrow and very biased.