Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Trump derangement syndrome

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:05 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:03 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:51 am

So, you’re not a fan of the joy strategy? Have you cleared that with Giggles?
The simple use of the word "joy" is somewhat nauseating to me but I get the strategy. My guess is most people don't. There are multiple facets to it - and it works. Or at least it's working.
It is the 2024 version of "Don't worry, be happy." It could easily be paraphrased as "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain," or "Just ignore it and vote for me because I'm not Trump." Any way you slice it, it is b.s.
Well, to you and a lot of other people it is the 2024 version of Don't worry, be happy. I can't/won't say you're wrong for feeling that way.
To me and a lot of other people, it is something else. Something that is not at all bullshit unless you feel people who don't like the ugliness in this country are wrong to feel that way. As I said, there are other facets that stretch from the "Black community" to people such as yourself who express on here what rightfully bothers you. I can't elaborate more right now because I am running late for a lunch "date" but I may express more later.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

for someone who claims to be doing so well, i don’t think i’ve ever seen so much bitching and complaining
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:24 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:13 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:07 am

And that gas was $1.80 a gallon before covid? OK.
Average in Kansas in 2016 was $1.75.

"Regional neighbors Nevada ($2.51), Washington ($2.46) and Alaska ($2.46) round out the top five most expensive markets. Motorists in 34 states are paying averages below $2 per gallon. Missouri ($1.70), Oklahoma ($1.73), Arkansas ($1.74), South Carolina ($1.74) and Kansas ($1.75) are the nation’s least expensive markets for gasoline."

https://gasprices.aaa.com/average-u-s-g ... er-gallon/

But, hey, no mean Tweets.
2016 you say?
Yup. Obama’s term winding down, Republicans control House and Senate, things are looking up for energy producers, which means refinery production is ramping up.

We also didn’t have a dumbass in office who sold off and burned up our strategic reserves.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:34 am for someone who claims to be doing so well, i don’t think i’ve ever seen so much bitching and complaining
Stating reality is bitching and complaining? Who knew?
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:47 am
jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:24 am

"Regional neighbors Nevada ($2.51), Washington ($2.46) and Alaska ($2.46) round out the top five most expensive markets. Motorists in 34 states are paying averages below $2 per gallon. Missouri ($1.70), Oklahoma ($1.73), Arkansas ($1.74), South Carolina ($1.74) and Kansas ($1.75) are the nation’s least expensive markets for gasoline."

2016 you say?
Yup. Obama’s term winding down, Republicans control House and Senate, things are looking up for energy producers, which means refinery production is ramping up.

We also didn’t have a dumbass in office who sold off and burned up our strategic reserves.
…and for nearly all of 2016, Hillary was the betting favorite.

All I’m saying is that I assume you can do better to support the argument that this is a D problem, than citing a time period where a D was in the White House and, for most of the period, the market was expected a D to stay in the White House.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:03 am

Well, I drive a 4WD pickup with a 30-gallon tank, so, at $3.59 a gallon, it came out about $108 without candy and beer.

And you have my condolences on living in Nebraska.

That's cute. Nice try but we're not stupid.

Now use the same metrics that you used for your personal gas prices and compare them to Jan. 2020 because the price per gallon you said you just paid is likely for premium and not the standard gas you quoted the price of in 2016.

This is the same bullshit over and over. You claim to be the voice of truth and reality but the actual truth and reality is that you have to lie about both of your data points to try to support your ignorant claim.

Cost of a standard gallon of gas today vs. the cost of a standard gallon of gas in Jan. 2020 just before covid got rolling.

And if part of the reason your gas prices have "doubled" is because you traded in a normal fuel efficiency vehicle with a 20-22 gallon tank that takes standard gas for a gas guzzling pickup that takes 30 gallons of premium gas because the dealer gave you a great deal on it (because no one wanted gas guzzling beasts due to the higher fuel costs) then you can kindly go fuck yourself.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:11 pm

Now use the same metrics that you used for your personal gas prices and compare them to Jan. 2020 because the price per gallon you said you just paid is likely for premium and not the standard gas you quoted the price of in 2016.

This is the same bullshit over and over. You claim to be the voice of truth and reality but the actual truth and reality is that you have to lie about both of your data points to try to support your ignorant claim.

Cost of a standard gallon of gas today vs. the cost of a standard gallon of gas in Jan. 2020 just before covid got rolling.

And if part of the reason your gas prices have "doubled" is because you traded in a normal fuel efficiency vehicle with a 20-22 gallon tank that takes standard gas for a gas guzzling pickup that takes 30 gallons of premium gas because the dealer gave you a great deal on it (because no one wanted gas guzzling beasts due to the higher fuel costs) then you can kindly go fuck yourself.
Incorrect. It’s not premium, but regular. I bought it used off of my 80-year old Dad because I was tired of worrying about being stranded in the snow in Michigan.

And why 2020?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:11 pm

Incorrect. It’s not premium, but regular. I bought it used off of my 80-year old Dad because I was tired of worrying about being stranded in the snow in Michigan.

And why 2020?
Because of your statement that began this discussion:

"Here’s the flaw in your analogy: I look outside and see gas prices double what they were, food prices out of control, homeless illegals encamped all over the place, but you all keep telling me that I’m not seeing or experiencing those things, that I should trust the people who got us into this situation with four more years."

You claimed that it was the current administration that "got us into this situation" and I have already stated that the covid mismanagement by Trump that artificially bottomed out gas prices doesn't get to work as a positive for Trump. If we have to ignore covid's impact on Trump's economy then we have to ignore it on gas prices.