Gutter's 5 Good Questions For National Diatomaceous Earth Day 8/31/24

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Gutter's 5 Good Questions For National Diatomaceous Earth Day 8/31/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:02 am
TDub wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:55 am it would be more amazing if you haven't heard of Messi. Pretty tough to avoid if you watch espn, or scroll espn or other sports news...even if you hate soccer.
I have a two year old. If it’s not Cocomelon, Paw Patrol, or Spirit, I don’t see it, outside of the occasional show my wife and I stream in the hour or so we have to ourselves each day.

But, even before that, I wasn’t an espn watcher. If I want to watch a game, I watch it. If I want to know the scores or watch highlights, I look them up.

I don’t have time to sit and watch someone tell me about everything happening in the world of sport every day.
I believe you haven't heard of Messi.
I don't mean this as an insult because you yourself have implied that you live a somewhat sheltered life.
I live in Chicago. What some/many people don't realize is that Chicago is a city that is visited by a LOT of international/foreign visitors and has a LOT of residents who came from foreign places. Not only are foreigners Messi fans but so are people who were born in this country.
I would guess on average, from the months of April to October, I see at least 3 people every 10 days wearing a Messi jersey or shirt.
When I was in LA a few months ago I walked by the Hard Rock "cafe". I looked inside and what did I see?
https://shop.hardrock.com/men/messi-collection
I walk by the Adidas store in Chicago and see Messi jerseys in the store.
Add my watching of ESPN, frequenting social media, watching the World Cup, reading news stories on the interwebs ( :D ), and it's impossible for me not to know who he is.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Gutter's 5 Good Questions For National Diatomaceous Earth Day 8/31/24

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:35 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:02 am
TDub wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:55 am it would be more amazing if you haven't heard of Messi. Pretty tough to avoid if you watch espn, or scroll espn or other sports news...even if you hate soccer.
I have a two year old. If it’s not Cocomelon, Paw Patrol, or Spirit, I don’t see it, outside of the occasional show my wife and I stream in the hour or so we have to ourselves each day.

But, even before that, I wasn’t an espn watcher. If I want to watch a game, I watch it. If I want to know the scores or watch highlights, I look them up.

I don’t have time to sit and watch someone tell me about everything happening in the world of sport every day.
I believe you haven't heard of Messi.
I don't mean this as an insult because you yourself have implied that you live a somewhat sheltered life.
I live in Chicago. What some/many people don't realize is that Chicago is a city that is visited by a LOT of international/foreign visitors and has a LOT of residents who came from foreign places. Not only are foreigners Messi fans but so are people who were born in this country.
I would guess on average, from the months of April to October, I see at least 3 people every 10 days wearing a Messi jersey or shirt.
When I was in LA a few months ago I walked by the Hard Rock "cafe". I looked inside and what did I see?
https://shop.hardrock.com/men/messi-collection
I walk by the Adidas store in Chicago and see Messi jerseys in the store.
Add my watching of ESPN, frequenting social media, watching the World Cup, reading news stories on the interwebs ( :D ), and it's impossible for me not to know who he is.
I can see how that would be the case. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

People live different lives and all that really matters is whether or not they are happy. I have lived in large cities and hated it; you would probably not like living where I am.

Thankfully, we all have options.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.