Evil Rich People

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by KUTradition »

but with an IQ like yours, you should!

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:31 am but with an IQ like yours, you should!

:lol:
Oooof! That was lame.

We’ll chalk that one up to it being early. Get back to me when the good stuff starts flowing again.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guess if anyone would know lame…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:59 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:15 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:13 pm

I think all of the plastic surgery has damaged Cuban’s brain.
How much plastic surgery have you had? :shock: :o :?

Help me out, why would/did you criticize Cuban for that post?
None.

I find him tiresome, combative, and self-righteous. Musk has the right to do with his money as he sees fit, just like anyone else. If Cuban doesn’t like the way X is being run, he can either buy it himself or create his own platform.
* I can/will respect you find Cuban "tiresome, combative, and self-righteous".
* I do not respect that you feel "Musk has the right to do with his money as he sees fit - just like anyone else". That's fricking insanity to me. So, forgetting X, if Musk uses his money to do extremely evil and/or detrimental things that are highly morally wrong and/or against the law - you feel he "has the right" to do it?
* My guess is you are correct about your assumption that Cuban doesn't like the way X is being run but do you comprehend why Cuban posted what he did - other than he doesn't like the way X is being run?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:43 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:15 am

How much plastic surgery have you had? :shock: :o :?

Help me out, why would/did you criticize Cuban for that post?
None.

I find him tiresome, combative, and self-righteous. Musk has the right to do with his money as he sees fit, just like anyone else. If Cuban doesn’t like the way X is being run, he can either buy it himself or create his own platform.
* I do not respect that you feel "Musk has the right to do with his money as he sees fit - just like anyone else". That's fricking insanity to me. So, forgetting X, if Musk uses his money to do extremely evil and/or detrimental things that are highly morally wrong and/or against the law - you feel he "has the right" to do it?
* My guess is you are correct about your assumption that Cuban doesn't like the way X is being run but do you comprehend why Cuban posted what he did - other than he doesn't like the way X is being run?
I think your second question is a moot point in this case. Cuban is pissed because he hates Trump and Musk supports him. Not really a moral issue.

As to the third, we are seeing one side of the story, so I don’t know if it is valid or not. Cuban doesn’t seem to feel any outrage about Zuckerberg’s admission that he used Facebook to manipulate the 2020 election season or over Google’s algorithm schemes that favor Dim candidates. Seems like a valid moral argument would be outraged by both sides doing it.
Last edited by JKLivin on Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Ooh, ooh, next, post the one about how really successful people don’t have to keep telling everyone how much money they make.

Then, the one about how really tough people don’t have to keep telling everyone how tough they are.

I’ll bet there’s one about snarky, angry people who stalk other peoples’ posts just to try to play gOtCHa! too, but I don’t know how to label that one.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

really?

i would think someone with your high IQ would
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Note that there is no response to the merit of the original tweet - Cuban calls out Musk on obvious, objective , measurable poll-rigging. The response is name calling and insults.

Typical rube bot behavior.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:11 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:43 am

None.

I think your second question is a moot point in this case. Cuban is pissed because he hates Trump and Musk supports him. Not really a moral issue.

As to the third, we are seeing one side of the story, so I don’t know if it is valid or not. Cuban doesn’t seem to feel any outrage about Zuckerberg’s admission that he used Facebook to manipulate the 2020 election season or over Google’s algorithm schemes that favor Dim candidates. Seems like a valid moral argument would be outraged by both sides doing it.
A bunch to digest and assess in your post.

I don't know if Cuban "hates" Trump but I know he doesn't like him and indeed Musk supports him.
You say, "not really a moral issue". I disagree. I think there are HUGE "moral issue/s" when discussing Musk and Trump.
I feel they should be considered and brought up when discussing Musk. Musk with X and how he uses it (just as you have a problem with what you feel Zuckerberg and Facebook did to manipulate an election) and what Musk does and is capable of doing outside of X in regards to many other things besides the 2024 election.

"We are seeing one side to the story"? What sides (plural) are there to the particular story I shared? The one side is... Musk claims one thing, Cuban proves what Musk claims is false. Or at least worthy of explanation.

This was Cuban's original post.
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1829677319054897617

Cuban waited to see the results and then asked Musk a very legit question based on what Musk claims.
Hey
@elonmusk
how come there were 804k votes for the poll , but only 656k engagements in the analytics?

Moving on.....
RIGHT! "Seems like a valid moral argument would be outraged by both sides doing it".
Cuban has said on multiple occasions that he feels algorithms can and may very well play a major role in manipulating the 2024 election. He has not specifically called out Musk and absolved Zuckerberg when he has made those blanket statements. Yes, the post I shared is calling out Musk. As it directly pertained to something Cuban shared on Musk's forum. My hope is he would have called out Zuckerberg if the same thing happened on Facebook. I don't know, maybe he wouldn't have.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

zsn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:39 am Note that there is no response to the merit of the original tweet - Cuban calls out Musk on obvious, objective , measurable poll-rigging. The response is name calling and insults.

I made my last post before reading your post.
Well said!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:39 am Note that there is no response to the merit of the original tweet - Cuban calls out Musk on obvious, objective , measurable poll-rigging. The response is name calling and insults.

You missed the point - as you are wont to do - in the midst of your oUtRAge.

If Cuban had nothing to say about Facebook and Google manipulating polls, information streams, and algorithms to favor his candidate in 2020, he should STFU when it works against his candidate for once.

Rules are either for everyone or no one.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:36 am really?

i would think someone with your high IQ would
Good job! You’re the best tryer out there!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:46 am

If Cuban had nothing to say about Facebook and Google manipulating polls, information streams, and algorithms to favor his candidate in 2020, he should STFU when it works against his candidate for once.

I don't recall Facebook or Google ever running their own polls. Link?

And the whole twitter thing has just gotten comically stupid. Musk bought twitter to be a champion of free speech and has promptly initiated more censorship than ever on that platform.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:02 am

And the whole twitter thing has just gotten comically stupid. Musk bought twitter to be a champion of free speech and has promptly initiated more censorship than ever on that platform.
No, they just promoted all the Russian collusion horseshit and manipulated algorithms to promote pro-Brandon and anti-Trump pieces and used polls that over sample Dims to make it easier to swallow the election theft. But, hey, no big deal if it benefits your side, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:19 am

No, they just promoted all the Russian collusion horseshit and manipulated algorithms to promote pro-Brandon and anti-Trump pieces and used polls that over sample Dims to make it easier to swallow the election theft. But, hey, no big deal if it benefits your side, right?
My opinion on this won't be particularly popular but I understand when I use any platform that I will only get an edited subsection of all of the possible media, events, videos and stories that exist out there. It is not possible to show everything.

Further, I understand that if you have humans deciding what subsection to focus on and those humans are employed by a publicly traded company whore focus is to generate revenue, a business decision is inevitably going to be made to maximize the revenue generated based on what you believe your target audience is. They serve their shareholders, not the entire human race.

There's no restaurant that serves food that everyone loves. There's no grocery store that sells every option. There's no liquor store that offers every brewed beer. It's capitalism. Stop having unrealistic expectations for social media sites.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I mean, I understand this is not (directly, anyway) the context, but if you believe this, then I assume you had a strong negative reaction to the Supreme Court's immunity decision.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:42 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:19 am

My opinion on this won't be particularly popular but I understand when I use any platform that I will only get an edited subsection of all of the possible media, events, videos and stories that exist out there. It is not possible to show everything.

Further, I understand that if you have humans deciding what subsection to focus on and those humans are employed by a publicly traded company whore focus is to generate revenue, a business decision is inevitably going to be made to maximize the revenue generated based on what you believe your target audience is. They serve their shareholders, not the entire human race.

There's no restaurant that serves food that everyone loves. There's no grocery store that sells every option. There's no liquor store that offers every brewed beer. It's capitalism. Stop having unrealistic expectations for social media sites.
As long as that applies to Twitter/X as well, I’m fine with it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Nice. My ancestors defecated in their caves. So, I’ll defecate in my living room.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:31 am

Nice. My ancestors defecated in their caves. So, I’ll defecate in my living room.
On the positive side, I’m sure yours doesn’t stink.