Fantasy Football

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Fantasy Football

Post by pdub »

Welp.
Not even 12 hours after the draft and i've gotten a trade approved.
Justin Herbert for Trevor Lawrence.

Both of us ( my bro ) were dumb and drafted a backup QB with the same bye as our starter.
Problem solved.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I have my real league draft on Monday. I feel unprepared. I feel like I know less about the NFL every year, I used to be so tuned in to all things sports....and that's all faded the last decade.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I have mine tomorrow night. First time we have done a Superflex so it will be interesting seeing how crazy people go for QBs. Should make for some good players available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I pick 2nd so I am hoping Mahomes is there. I assume someone will pick Allen or Hurts first. After that will be a free for all.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A number of my friends leagues are going or have gone Superflex. I thought about changing kcrim to that since there are only 8 teams but would never want to do it in a 12 team league.

12 team standard is the best of all leagues.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:06 am A number of my friends leagues are going or have gone Superflex. I thought about changing kcrim to that since there are only 8 teams but would never want to do it in a 12 team league.

12 team superflex gets silly and watered down.

8 team superflex works better than 8 team standard (imo), unless you're into stacked teams and almost no effort to manage because free agents become relatively useless. Unless multiple injuries occur on a single roster. You usually draft the guys you'll end up starting each week.

I like 12 team standard because you can find value week to week on the FA wire.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:10 am I like 12 team standard because you can find value week to week on the FA wire.
And often have to.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:43 am
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:10 am I like 12 team standard because you can find value week to week on the FA wire.
And often have to.
Yes. Makes it more about knowledge and 50/50 decisions. 8 team standard is largely decided by draft order and luck of injuries.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well fuck.....I got busy, missed my.main league draft. My team is garbage. Sweeeett
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:39 am well fuck.....I got busy, missed my.main league draft. My team is garbage. Sweeeett
And I even sent you a cheat sheet!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:39 am
TDub wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:39 am well fuck.....I got busy, missed my.main league draft. My team is garbage. Sweeeett
And I even sent you a cheat sheet!
I know!!

I was on the roof, just cranking away at stupid step flashing and valley details and wasn't paying attention to the time.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:06 am A number of my friends leagues are going or have gone Superflex. I thought about changing kcrim to that since there are only 8 teams but would never want to do it in a 12 team league.

We changed because it got to the point where QB had no value. We only have 10 teams. When everyone has a Top 10 QB, it doesn't really matter who your QB is any more.

Next year, I might propose a thing I heard that helps Superflex drafts smooth out and that is some sort of TE premium scoring such as a full point PPR for TEs (while everyone else is half point PPR) since most TEs are pretty worthless.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There was 125 points between the 1st QB in my league last season and the 10th.
That certainly matters.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You had your Top 5 QBs that were over 20 ppg and then there were 12 other guys that averaged between 17-20 ppg. So you could pick someone off waivers that would typically give you what a guy from 6-10 gave you. Forcing us to play more of them is going to force us to manage them better.

Who knows how it will end up. More players means more potential high scores and more potential injuries. Just wanted to shake it up a bit and force everyone to draft differently. We were a little stale.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Saquon looks good so far tonight
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I sat until the last ticks of the draft clock debating my 2nd round pick between Marvin Harrison and Mike Evans. I even had Evans queued...then last moment, switched.

I am going to regret that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:56 pm Saquon looks good so far tonight
Yeah, you snagged him before I could take him. I was hoping your pick of Breece Hall in the 1st was going to result in Barkley being available but you grabbed him anyways. So close!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

In my main league, I started out really cold with Mahomes, the KC DST, Derrick Henry and Mark Andrews all having below average scores but I had a good day yesterday and just need 16 points from Brock Purdy to win my matchup. I don't like cheering for SF so maybe he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs in a loss.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'd try to trade 1 of Henry or Andrews to not have 2 guys on the same offense who compete for the same RZ opportunities.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Main league had/has Higgins, Hollywood and Deebo.
Just traded Brian Robinson and Demarcus Robinson for Olave.
( Robinson is the 11th RB in our league in scoring currently - standard league )

I'm going to have to roll out someone like Jerry Jeudy to go along with Harrison and Olave as my no. 3 WR.