Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Back2Lawrence »

That pic is a summation of what she was. Never a lap she didn’t like!

And in the spirit of this thread, a good capture of her thumb, which definitely allowed her to have bona fide murder mittens.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

WTF. Four kids shot (11 to 14) while joy riding in a stolen car.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/ove ... nneapolis/
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:06 am WTF. Four kids shot (11 to 14) while joy riding in a stolen car.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/ove ... nneapolis/
"WTF", is right. ...“I think, in a lot of ways, we are failing to deter this activity,” he said. “Two of the five juveniles involved in this incident were arrested not even two weeks ago for being in a stolen car.”...

That reminds me of a program I was listening to called "The World" on NPR about how Swedish society is more prone to violence than Danish. So, Danish gangs that want to commit crimes, including kill other Danes, contact Swedish gangs, and the Swedish gangs recruit young Swedes by offering them a relatively large amount of $, then equip them and get them to Denmark to commit the crimes: (I was riding my bike and joined the story in progress at the time, so...)

Denmark’s violent crime rates have been rising, and a significant portion of it is committed by teens from Sweden. The two countries have decided to work together on law enforcement. Swedish police officers will set up shop in Denmark and work on preventing the import of violent crime to Danish streets. Diamant Salihu, a crime reporter for the Swedish news broadcaster, SVT, talks about the origins of this crime and the methods Denmark and Sweden are using to control it.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.ketv.com/article/officials- ... s/61925343

"Both the Army Reserves and local police missed out on opportunities to intervene in a gunman’s psychiatric crisis and seize weapons from the spiraling reservist responsible for the deadliest shootings in Maine history, according to the final report released Tuesday by a special commission created to investigate the attacks, which killed 18 people."
"The 215-page report reiterated the panel’s conclusion from an interim finding in March that law enforcement had authority under the state’s yellow flag law to seize the shooter’s guns and put him in protective custody weeks before the shootings. But it also said the Army Reserves also should have done more, as well, to ensure care and deal with the weapons."

More examples of what happens when the military and law enforcement fail to uphold their sworn duties.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:31 pm https://www.ketv.com/article/officials- ... s/61925343

"Both the Army Reserves and local police missed out on opportunities to intervene in a gunman’s psychiatric crisis and seize weapons from the spiraling reservist responsible for the deadliest shootings in Maine history, according to the final report released Tuesday by a special commission created to investigate the attacks, which killed 18 people."
"The 215-page report reiterated the panel’s conclusion from an interim finding in March that law enforcement had authority under the state’s yellow flag law to seize the shooter’s guns and put him in protective custody weeks before the shootings. But it also said the Army Reserves also should have done more, as well, to ensure care and deal with the weapons."

More examples of what happens when the military and law enforcement fail to uphold their sworn duties.
1 - render government ineffective
2 - blame government for being ineffective
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:27 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:31 pm https://www.ketv.com/article/officials- ... s/61925343

Feels like it.

"Just uphold the gun laws that are already on the books and we're good" only works until the police and military look the other way when one of their own appears to be a problem.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:34 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:27 pm

Feels like it.

"Just uphold the gun laws that are already on the books and we're good" only works until the police and military look the other way when one of their own appears to be a problem.
And conversely, and also very much perversely, you know the lobbies of the world will use the failure of these "yellow flag" laws as evidence that such laws don't work and shouldn't be adopted, let alone enforced.

How do we know this?

Think about, for example, how goddamn GIDDY some of them get when there's a mass knifing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Knives don't kill people, whetstones kill people. Damned Middle Ages.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

4 people shot and killed on the Blue Line (train) in Chicago this morning. My relatives took the Blue Line to O'Hare last night.

https://twitter.com/CPD1617Scanner/stat ... 1157823895
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs. 99 just turned on the teevee, guess what. A school shooting on the 1st day of school. Her first words were, thank God only two dead.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I am not - other than here anyway - following on social media. I would imagine it's only a matter of time before some rube calls this a false flag operation intended to improve Harris' position in Georgia.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

And the common thread between all the shooters; they don’t have a conscience.
How do you round’em all up? You can’t.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I would not agree that that is the common thread at all (that would be the guns). I’m not even sure it is a common thread; I think many mass shooters have had consciences.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:24 am Mrs. 99 just turned on the teevee, guess what. A school shooting on the 1st day of school. Her first words were, thank God only two dead.
Her first words after "thank God only two dead" should have been - so far.
Seems at least 4 dead now.
Moral of the story is...... Fuck the USA.
Where is randy to come along and say - they wouldn't be dead if there was a good guy with a gun OR there would have been more dead if there wasn't a good guy with a gun.
That or put armed security at the entrances of every school and arm all teachers.
Or.... Some other thing/s to make me shake my head.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:41 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:24 am Mrs. 99 just turned on the teevee, guess what. A school shooting on the 1st day of school. Her first words were, thank God only two dead.
Where is randy to come along and say - they wouldn't be dead if there was a good guy with a gun OR there would have been more dead if there wasn't a good guy with a gun.
That or put armed security at the entrances of every school and arm all teachers.
(I would ask someone who thinks that guards and hardened entries and so on are the answer, and who also criticizes any manner of government spending, how we’re going to pay for very expensive things that are largely needed because there are simply too many guns held by too many people who shouldn’t have them.)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:56 pm
(I would ask someone who thinks that guards and hardened entries and so on are the answer, and who also criticizes any manner of government spending, how we’re going to pay for very expensive things that are largely needed because there are simply too many guns held by too many people who shouldn’t have them.)
I'm sure randy has the answers.
After he tells us that school shootings are our government's masterplan and are funded by Larry Fink.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:56 pm
This is easily solved with good old American volunteerism. I am sure the Hell's Angels and Proud Boys would be happy to provide security at the schools and share their love of the Second Amendment.

And the police released the name and age of the suspect. 14 year old Colt Gray. I know we are all thinking the same thing, the kid is probably an illegal immigrant.
One student told a reporter for Fox 5 Atlanta that he initially thought the gunshots were fake until he heard screaming. He described being evacuated from the building and seeing a body in one of the rooms. “There was a gun lying on the ground, with the bullets and the blood,” he said.

“They prepare you for these things,” a 15-year-old girl told the New York Times. “But in the moment, I started crying. I got nervous.”
Kids today; too soft, getting nervous during a shooting after all those years of school shooting training? We just need to arm all of the kids in every school as a deterrent.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"Colt"?

Sounds confused about his biological identity. Is he a horse that identifies as people?

So many questions.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:00 pm "Colt"?

Sounds confused about his biological identity. Is he a horse that identifies as people?

So many questions.
Young white male.
Fits the profile pretty well.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

japhy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:57 pm And the police released the name and age of the suspect. 14 year old Colt Gray. I know we are all thinking the same thing, the kid is probably an illegal immigrant.
I laughed. (really just a disguised coping mechanism)