Government efficiency commission

Ugh.
randylahey

Government efficiency commission

Post by randylahey »

Long overdue. Let's make public just how much taxpayer money is being wasted, and on what. Will be especially interesting next time they talk about raising any taxes
Last edited by randylahey on Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Government effeciency commission

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:53 pm Long overdue. Let's make public just how much taxpayer money is being wasted, and on what. Will be especially interesting next time they talk about raising any taxes
JFC! I mean VGR! Maybe I mean WTF!?!?!?
I'll be respectful and ask you this.... Who do you think would benefit the most from Elon Musk (and Donald Trump) spearheading it and who do you think would suffer the most?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

First, it would be contracted out.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

What I like is that Randy is okay with bigger government!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I hope the Congressional commission on government Benghazi commissions can check out this new one too.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:53 pm Long overdue. Let's make public just how much taxpayer money is being wasted, and on what. Will be especially interesting next time they talk about raising any taxes
So, we take a closer look at Comer, Gym Jordan and their fishing expeditions?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

defixione wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:57 pm What I like is that Randy is okay with bigger government!
It would lead to much smaller government once we do an actual audit and realize just how much wasteful government spending there is. I can think of one department in particular that would be absolutely embarrassed
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I know this is pedantic, and sometimes my own posts are so riddled with typos it looks like I might be having a stroke, but can we please change the title of this thread to:

EFFICIENCY

My OCD is tweaking reading this in bold on thread title page.

**and if this typo was intentional, consider me a looser and board by such things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

LOL. Another in a long line of stupid ideas just this week from Old Man Trump.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I like how Trump was asked if he supported legislation that targeted reducing the expense of childcare.

His answer was a 20 minute running sentence that bunny trailed into tariffs, the importance of caring for children and diluted with promises to make America great again. Never even got within a grenade blast of the question.

I think, at this point, his focus is on helping Vance not look like the only idiot.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:56 pm I like how Trump was asked if he supported legislation that targeted reducing the expense of childcare.

His answer was a 20 minute running sentence that bunny trailed into tariffs, the importance of caring for children and diluted with promises to make America great again. Never even got within a grenade blast of the question.

I think, at this point, his focus is on helping Vance not look like the only idiot.
lol
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

🤣
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:56 pm I like how Trump was asked if he supported legislation that targeted reducing the expense of childcare.

This just demands to be watched:

https://youtu.be/dwKTZ787848?si=F954veW-ns95oajO
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:00 pm
defixione wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:57 pm What I like is that Randy is okay with bigger government!
It would lead to much smaller government once we do an actual audit and realize just how much wasteful government spending there is. I can think of one department in particular that would be absolutely embarrassed
The department of Defense?
You know, the big one (department) that Trump allowed A LOT of "wasteful money" to be spent when he President before and has vowed to allow them to spend A LOT more of "wasteful money" on/for again if elected President again?

P.S, You didn't answer my question in the second post on this thread. Why not?
I'll give you a hint if you don't know any possible answers. Here you go - It most likely wouldn't help me in the long run as much as it would hurt me.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:10 pm

This just demands to be watched:

https://youtu.be/dwKTZ787848?si=F954veW-ns95oajO
And yet,* it’s Harris who catches heat for not offering policy.

* nyet?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

In a speech at the Economic Club of New York on Thursday, Trump promised “trillions” of dollars in spending cuts from a new government commission that budget experts largely regard as unrealistic, while floating a new U.S. sovereign wealth fund that members of his party have traditionally opposed. Trump also insisted that a new round of tax cuts would lower the debt — a claim disputed by most mainstream economists, and undermined by the actual budgetary effects of the tax cut he signed into law during his administration.

:lol:

does trump think he’s back in jr. high, running for class president?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:52 am
In a speech at the Economic Club of New York on Thursday, Trump promised “trillions” of dollars in spending cuts from a new government commission that budget experts largely regard as unrealistic, while floating a new U.S. sovereign wealth fund that members of his party have traditionally opposed. Trump also insisted that a new round of tax cuts would lower the debt — a claim disputed by most mainstream economists, and undermined by the actual budgetary effects of the tax cut he signed into law during his administration.

Reagan: Trickle-down economics mumble mumble.

40 years of reality: Nope.

Trump: Trickle-down economics, only Mexico and China will pay for your au pair.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:59 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:52 am

Reagan: Trickle-down economics mumble mumble.

40 years of reality: Nope.

Trump: Trickle-down economics, only Mexico and China will pay for your au pair.
who needs an au pair? that’s what family is for…duh
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:50 pm
LOL. Another in a long line of stupid ideas just this week from Old Man Trump.
OK I get you don't like trump. And that's OK, let's look past that and focus.

1. This wasn't trumps idea. Just something he was recommended

2. What logical reason is this a bad idea?
Holding our government accountable for their wasteful spending is long overdue. A lot of Americans would love transparency and accountability for how their tax dollars are used
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Government efficiency commission

Post by jhawks99 »

Broham