Things That Annoy Me

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Things That Annoy Me

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:27 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:52 am
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:04 am When often it could have just been solved with an effectively written email.
...which also leaves everyone with a record of what was decided, and why/how. Which saves the NEXT call, three days or weeks or months or years from now, to remind ourselves what we talked about.
YES.
I will say, one of the nice things about my job is that clients know that it (technically) costs money to pick up the phone and call me.

In practice, I don't actually bill that sort of thing if it doesn't take much time or require real work.

But I'm certainly aware that I don't get nearly the volume of nonsense calls that people with other jobs get.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:42 am
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:27 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:52 am

...which also leaves everyone with a record of what was decided, and why/how. Which saves the NEXT call, three days or weeks or months or years from now, to remind ourselves what we talked about.
YES.
I will say, one of the nice things about my job is that clients know that it (technically) costs money to pick up the phone and call me.

In practice, I don't actually bill that sort of thing if it doesn't take much time or require real work.

But I'm certainly aware that I don't get nearly the volume of nonsense calls that people with other jobs get.
^^^ x 1 billion.

Insurance co.s and Medicare wouldn't allow us to charge for telephone conversations.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's happening again.
Just email me.
Please.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

...... My cable box (yeah, I know, - fuck me - I have Xfinity cable in 2024) in my bedroom being broken and not working - and my not being able to get a replacement sent to me and/or not being able to pick one up - and instead having to wait until Sunday to have a service technician come to my home.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Give PDub a call and sketch out some COAs
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:12 am ...... My cable box (yeah, I know, - fuck me - I have Xfinity cable in 2024) in my bedroom being broken and not working - and my not being able to get a replacement sent to me and/or not being able to pick one up - and instead having to wait until Sunday to have a service technician come to my home.
Buy a smart TV.
When I am in Chicago this weekend, let’s throw that 1980s TV box in Lake Michigan and go grab a pizza…my treat!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:01 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:12 am ...... My cable box (yeah, I know, - fuck me - I have Xfinity cable in 2024) in my bedroom being broken and not working - and my not being able to get a replacement sent to me and/or not being able to pick one up - and instead having to wait until Sunday to have a service technician come to my home.
Buy a smart TV.
When I am in Chicago this weekend, let’s throw that 1980s TV box in Lake Michigan and go grab a pizza…my treat!
I don't have a problem throwing the box in Lake Michigan but I told you, unfortunately I'm not eating any pizza.
On a semi related note, I will pay you to throw the two barking dogs on my floor in my building in to the middle of Lake Michigan. Well, maybe throw their owners in the middle of Lake Michigan and let's give the dogs to someone who doesn't live on my floor.

This is getting fucking ridiculous. I have no doubt I am being awoken by their barking because I am awake at 1:32am and I hear them barking now.
What rights do I have as a renter to not be awoken and kept awake by barking dogs?
P.S. For those who may/will say you knew that dogs were/are allowed in your building when you moved in - when I moved in on National Championship day in 2008 - Dogs were NOT allowed in the building.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"What rights do I have as a renter to not be awoken and kept awake by barking dogs?"

File a complaint to your complex.
Then I guess check your lease if it specifically has anything about noise after a certain time.