Meltdown Thread

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Meltdown Thread

Post by pdub »

After seeing that what are expectations?

I’m still grounded in the fact we were a 1 win team year in year out for over a decade so just going bowling is still good.

But that offense looked pretty meh.
I think we have at least 3 more looses in us this regular season.

( ksu, TCU, ISU, @wvu )
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Meltdown Thread

Post by DCHawk1 »

FiRe BiLl SeLf!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I hope that was jalon Daniel's worst game of the season. He looked bad. 3 interceptions. I'm hoping he finds his old groove, or this might not be as fun of a season as I'd hoped for
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:40 pmFiRe BiLl SeLf!
This
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

Good enough to win every game, dumb enough to crap some of the easier wins away (like today). I think 8 wins with a couple more slopjobs along the way.

I hope Leipold takes more control of the offensive game-planning, unless what we’re seeing is him. Forget better, they need to be smart and play to their strengths. We had the ball in the 4th quarter with the lead and an unstoppable run game. Why the hell are you throwing one-on-one sideline balls 30 yards down the field? Let the RBs pound 6 minutes off the clock and take a 2 possession lead.

It’s stupid as hell we had these stat lines: Neal 14 for 101; Hishaw 7 for 39 (=RBs 21 for 140, 7.0 avg); Grimm 9 catches for 40 (3.6 average). They replaced the run game with screens to Grimm that gained half the yards, plus the pick-6 before halftime on the failed screen to Skinner.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Neal needs 20+ carries a game if it’s close.

Screen passes to the edge of the field aren’t as good as the best RB in the B12.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The irony is, Leipold understands that road games against good teams requires precision and a heavy dose of running. Grimes had one good year in a down Big 12
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Note: Illinois was much better this year. Their receiving group was the best we will see One handed catches. Toe taps. The portal was very very good to them
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:15 pm Note: Illinois was much better this year. Their receiving group was the best we will see One handed catches. Toe taps. The portal was very very good to them
Ehhh. They were better than last season. But i didn't end the game too impressed with either team.

Ku lost a very winnable game do to mistakes
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Fuck what the hell.....our high powered offense was horrible

The D was actually decent. Worst game ever by JD but that OC is dumb.

Five teams in top 25 lost, if we wake up the offense we could be ok
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:24 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:15 pm Note: Illinois was much better this year. Their receiving group was the best we will see One handed catches. Toe taps. The portal was very very good to them
Ehhh. They were better than last season. But i didn't end the game too impressed with either team.

Take a look at some of the long passes again then. And the one at sticks fully extended. Good team. Good scouting.

Dropping a punt when no defender caused it is a fumble. What a stupidly subjective rule. Muff. Don't try to field a kick and lose the ball
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

To me, looked like a QB that hasn’t seen the field in 8 months.

Hawks will be fine.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:45 pm To me, looked like a QB that hasn’t seen the field in 8 months.

Hawks will be fine.
Agree. I also trust LL will get Grimes fixed. Way too much passing on the road--screens and long shots
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

They will be fine…if the play calling gets better.

I also didn’t know that muff rule. Seems weird they can touch at 3, ball goes back to end zone, they recover, are down with no contact bc college, and get ball 17 yards better off than where first touched?

I thought it was gonna be a safety for us at least.

Oh well. Rock Chalk. Still better to have good team than our alternative.

That said, this is perfect confluence of skill players offensively. Notice more room to make these mistakes and potentially make playoff…and as we all know, reloading KU football has never been easy. But, trust in LL.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:24 pm

Take a look at some of the long passes again then. And the one at sticks fully extended. Good team. Good scouting.

Dropping a punt when no defender caused it is a fumble. What a stupidly subjective rule. Muff. Don't try to field a kick and lose the ball
Yeah that's a really weird rule. Rewarding a muffed punt with a touch back is just silly
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:45 pm To me, looked like a QB that hasn’t seen the field in 8 months.

Hawks will be fine.
You guys might be surprised to hear this but I agree with Overlander. I hope this is the case
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol at this thread
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:45 am
Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:24 pm

Yeah that's a really weird rule. Rewarding a muffed punt with a touch back is just silly
I think most people would say it's worse than "weird" and "silly". Very well could have been the difference between a W and a L for us. Bottom line, because our opponent fucked up - we got fucked.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:46 am

Hawks will be fine.
You guys might be surprised to hear this but I agree with Overlander. I hope this is the case
I'm telling you guys right now.... Our QB is playing on borrowed time and if it was up to his loved ones, he wouldn't be playing. If he wasn't getting paid well, he wouldn't be playing.
Each and every KU fan can rightfully rip on him (as I did) for having a shitty game last night but the guy deserves credit for giving a shit about his teammates and his school. I appreciate him for that.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Lance needs a suggestion box
Broham