Meltdown Thread

Kansas Football.
AlOerter
Contributor

Re: Meltdown Thread

Post by AlOerter »

The talent level is better than the final score. Mistakes and bad breaks on the road = losing to a team that has less talent than you.

On another note, the defense looked better against the run than the pass. That's kind of a flip from what it has been the past few years.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:18 am Lance needs a suggestion box
Lance is a highly overpaid by KU, overrated by KU fans, coach. I'm just sayin'.

Being more serious, the guy should have the authority to override Grime's. So......
His answer to the first question in the post game presser soured me a bit on him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jason Bean was really good. I think I underestimated him while at KU, and his performance in NFL preseason seems to support that conclusion.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

THE BEARS FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:09 pm THE BEARS FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could be worse, you could be a Giants fan
Broham
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:31 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:46 am
Overlander wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:45 pm To me, looked like a QB that hasn’t seen the field in 8 months.

Hawks will be fine.
You guys might be surprised to hear this but I agree with Overlander. I hope this is the case
I'm telling you guys right now.... Our QB is playing on borrowed time and if it was up to his loved ones, he wouldn't be playing. If he wasn't getting paid well, he wouldn't be playing.
Each and every KU fan can rightfully rip on him (as I did) for having a shitty game last night but the guy deserves credit for giving a shit about his teammates and his school. I appreciate him for that.
Borrowed time meaning he's bound to get injured again?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:45 pm To me, looked like a QB that hasn’t seen the field in 8 months.

Hawks will be fine.
You guys might be surprised to hear this but I agree with Overlander. I hope this is the case
I'm telling you guys right now.... Our QB is playing on borrowed time and if it was up to his loved ones, he wouldn't be playing. If he wasn't getting paid well, he wouldn't be playing.
Each and every KU fan can rightfully rip on him (as I did) for having a shitty game last night but the guy deserves credit for giving a shit about his teammates and his school. I appreciate him for that.
Sorry, but I am having a hard time syncing these two statements together:

"If he wasn't getting paid well, he wouldn't be playing."

"...but the guy deserves credit for giving a shit about his teammates and his school."

Those two statements seem to be in opposition of each other. Is he only playing because he is making great money or is he playing because he loves his teammates and school?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:08 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:09 pm THE BEARS FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could be worse, you could be a Giants fan
SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:15 pm

Borrowed time meaning he's bound to get injured again?
Maybe. Problem is he has a permanent "injury". Just a matter of time before it takes its toll/flares up.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:31 pm

"...but the guy deserves credit for giving a shit about his teammates and his school."

Those two statements seem to be in opposition of each other. Is he only playing because he is making great money or is he playing because he loves his teammates and school?
Running to go meet Jeeper. I'll elaborate later.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

The OC needs to do a much better job. The run game was dominating. Frustrating. On a day with JD struggling, you lean on the run game. Hopefully he’s not going to be a bad hire.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Jayhawkerr wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:56 pm The OC needs to do a much better job. The run game was dominating. Frustrating. On a day with JD struggling, you lean on the run game. Hopefully he’s not going to be a bad hire.
5 on point sentences. Well said.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:31 pm

Running to go meet Jeeper. I'll elaborate later.
You bring up excellent points/questions. Multiple facets to the answers.
I am not him, I'm not his family, I'm not paying him, I'm not his teammate. I shouldn't speak on the subject other than to say.....From what I have been told.
From what I have been told, I feel really bad for him because he was going to let people down who he cares about no matter what decision he made.
Maybe I should have rephrased and simplified my statement and said, I don't think he would be playing if he was a coming in as a freshman who wasn't getting paid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

On the plus side, Deon Sanders is not our head coach.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:29 am On the plus side, Deon Sanders is not our head coach.
Yeah, I would rather our coach actually coach. Not spend his waking hours chasing down cameras to speak in front of.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

After watching that though I think our ceiling is more clear to me ( imo ).
This is not a playoff team...we lost to a team that, while probably better than last season, went 5-7.

My guess is 8 wins.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:51 am After watching that though I think our ceiling is more clear to me ( imo ).
This is not a playoff team...we lost to a team that, while probably better than last season, went 5-7.

My guess is 8 wins.
Works for me
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Overlander wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:02 am
pdub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:51 am After watching that though I think our ceiling is more clear to me ( imo ).

My guess is 8 wins.
Works for me
Same.
But we really can't let UNLV beat us at home this weekend.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:45 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:02 am

My guess is 8 wins.
Works for me
Same.
But we really can't let UNLV beat us at home this weekend.
We need to beat KSUck this year. I'm tired of loosing to them, and their new QB, who looks remarkably like the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz, is already annoying me.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Unfortunately, I think they'll have our number once again.
I think last season, at home, was our chance to beat them, and we would have with a healthy Bean.