serve and protect

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: serve and protect

Post by ousdahl »

I think that’s why the cop is actually getting charged.

There’s so many other courses of action he coulda taken besides blasting her in the face
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:51 am i don’t at all understand the motivation to shoot rather than just leave the room or step away from the house

also, taser? pepper spray? wounding shot rather than multiples to the head?

seems there were so many, better, choices the officers could and should have made
Exactly.

"I'm not taking boiling water to the face"

Sure. Fine. Fair. I agree.....but to prevent that, he could have done several things other than shoot her in the face.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The cop who shot her worked for 6 different departments in the past 4 years

Was also charged with 2 DUIs
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:13 am The cop who shot her worked for 6 different departments in the past 4 years

Was also charged with 2 DUIs
There (allegedly) might also be cell phone video of him talking about the shooting at a pool party in the days after it all happened...one of the news networks are going to pay big bucks for that as this case gains transaction nationwide.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://illinoiseagle.com/2024/09/07/re ... -accident/

Illy, this is in your neck of the woods so correct me if what I see online is inaccurate. Sounds like this cop was drunk and off duty and hit a couple who was on a motorcycle and his fellow officers turned off their body cameras, fed the cop water and gum to try to sober him up and didn't take him to have his sobriety level checked for nearly 6 hours.

Law & Order
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:24 pm https://illinoiseagle.com/2024/09/07/re ... -accident/

Illy, this is in your neck of the woods so correct me if what I see online is inaccurate. Sounds like this cop was drunk and off duty and hit a couple who was on a motorcycle and his fellow officers turned off their body cameras, fed the cop water and gum to try to sober him up and didn't take him to have his sobriety level checked for nearly 6 hours.

Law & Order
There is cell phone video too. Not sure if it's made it's way to mainstream news articles, but it's on social media.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:44 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:24 pm https://illinoiseagle.com/2024/09/07/re ... -accident/

Law & Order
There is cell phone video too. Not sure if it's made it's way to mainstream news articles, but it's on social media.
I saw it from the sister of the female victim on Twitter. Not good. The police are part if the problem in this country.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Law & Order
Where do you come up with 6 hours in that article? 4 hours is bad but not as bad as 6 hours.
I don't have a problem with them giving him water and gum. I'm pretty sure contrary to what you say/said, water and gum don't sober a person up.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:13 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:44 pm

Law & Order
I saw it from the sister of the female victim on Twitter. Not good. The police are part if the problem in this country.
Yeah, I just saw that too. Her. :shock:

https://twitter.com/caceerae/status/1640144100539375618
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:29 am

Law & Order
Where do you come up with 6 hours in that article? 4 hours is bad but not as bad as 6 hours.
I don't have a problem with them giving him water and gum. I'm pretty sure contrary to what you say/said, water and gum don't sober a person up.
It was from the twitter post by the girl's sister. And yes, I agree that the cops efforts aren't actually effective and reducing the cop's blood alcohol level. What bothers me is the coordinated effort to shield them from responsibility.