Post by pdub »

I'm fine with it.
Games are already too long.
twocoach

Re: NFL Season 2024

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:33 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:42 am
pdub wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:57 pm Gutter, how excited, scale of 1 to 10, are you to see your no. 1 overall draft pick this weekend?
Not gonna lie - i'm a bit excited.
SUPER BOWL!
Being more serious, he has the potential to be the most liked athlete in Chicago. But that was the vibe on Fields when he was first drafted. We see how that worked out.
My guess is he isn't going to be Pat Mahomes. :D

On another note...
Ty Hill in trouble this morning. Was in cuffs at the stadium. Apparently "traffic incident".
Fuck Williams, Waldron, and the Bears.
JUNK!
Might as well have kept Fields.
I feel like I am am having deja vu from watching the Jayhawks last night.
You'll love this nugget:

There are only 2 QBs in modern NFL history that have attempted at least 25 passes in their debut but thrown for less than 100 yards:

Desmond Ridder
Caleb Williams
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:29 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:33 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:42 am

SUPER BOWL!
Being more serious, he has the potential to be the most liked athlete in Chicago. But that was the vibe on Fields when he was first drafted. We see how that worked out.
My guess is he isn't going to be Pat Mahomes. :D

On another note...
Ty Hill in trouble this morning. Was in cuffs at the stadium. Apparently "traffic incident".
Fuck Williams, Waldron, and the Bears.
JUNK!
Might as well have kept Fields.
I feel like I am am having deja vu from watching the Jayhawks last night.
You'll love this nugget:

There are only 2 QBs in modern NFL history that have attempted at least 25 passes in their debut but thrown for less than 100 yards:

Desmond Ridder
Caleb Williams
Nice difference.....
Ridder took a L
Williams took a W

What I don't love and was dead right about - Williams receivers are going to break.
Already all 3 of the big 3 are broken.
Odunze might be out for some significant time.
Bears are DONE!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Can't spend a lot on receivers. They either get hurt or race their cars.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Looks like Tyreek wasn't as bad as was reported. I was quick to jump on the he had it coming band wagon. Maybe I was wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comment ... utm_term=1
Broham
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JFC. The 1 cop should be fired immediately.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:59 pm Looks like Tyreek wasn't as bad as was reported. I was quick to jump on the he had it coming band wagon. Maybe I was wrong.

Interesting, that's one of the body cams. The other one you can hear Tyreek being disrespectful and mouthing off.
https://twitter.com/bigricanman/status/ ... 5546648974

Here's the bottom line. I feel Hill was wrong and the cops were wrong. Both can be (and I feel are) true.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Mouthing off isn't enough for all that.

We are now at a point where all that physicality isn't acceptable during a non violent traffic stop. It being a dangerous job isn't reason enough to act aggressive and violent at all times.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's fault on both sides here but overwhelmingly weighed towards the police officers who need to respect their right to escalate and use force.

Hill was reckless ( going 100 mph apparently ) and was an asshole.
He had tinted windows so he shouldn't be rolling those up.
Had he complied completely none of this would have happened.

But that's far beyond the point here.
The police, all police, need to use the MINIMUM amount of force and only do so if there is no other alternative.
He had Tyreek's ID. Throw a disorderly/failure to comply charge while you're writing up the ticket.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:12 am
jhawks99 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:59 pm Looks like Tyreek wasn't as bad as was reported. I was quick to jump on the he had it coming band wagon. Maybe I was wrong.

Interesting, that's one of the body cams. The other one you can hear Tyreek being disrespectful and mouthing off.
https://twitter.com/bigricanman/status/ ... 5546648974

Here's the bottom line. I feel Hill was wrong and the cops were wrong. Both can be (and I feel are) true.
Definitely both sides wrong in what we’ve been shown.

The factor that hasn’t been included is footage of his driving that led to the stop in the first place. Depending on how that looked, behavioral changes could/should be expected from both/either party here.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:02 am Mouthing off isn't enough for all that.

We are now at a point where all that physicality isn't acceptable during a non violent traffic stop. It being a dangerous job isn't reason enough to act aggressive and violent at all times.
"Mouthing off" isn't but now tell me what happens when a guy with tinted windows ignores a cop's demand to keep the window down (so he is visible) and instead puts the window up, goes and reaches for a gun, gets the gun, opens the door, shoots the cop/s, and some innocent people nearby get shot.

I agree with your next two sentences but that's easy for me to agree with being that I'm not black and disobeying a cop after a "traffic violation" nor am I a cop who has pulled this person over.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:31 am There's fault on both sides here but overwhelmingly weighed towards the police officers who need to respect their right to escalate and use force.

The police, all police, need to use the MINIMUM amount of force and only do so if there is no other alternative.
He had Tyreek's ID. Throw a disorderly/failure to comply charge while you're writing up the ticket.
100% agree on all accounts.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Are you legally required to keep your window down in Florida?

Is the dark window tint illegal in Florida?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I believe it is against the law not to have your window rolled down when pulled over in Florida.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:04 am Are you legally required to keep your window down in Florida?

Is the dark window tint illegal in Florida?

Most states have tinting laws that are mostly ignored. Much like…..ah, nevermind. 😇😇😇
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Link to a moving video below.
I don't know if they "saved his life" but they definitely helped him.
This is what upsets me, we live in a society where this past week people preferred to focus on hating on Cops because they were assholes towards Ty Hill instead of praising Cops who "save" Pearsall's life.
Yes, I fully understand there are extenuating circumstances that people are ticked off about in relation to the Hill situation. They aren't wrong to feel the way they do. I'm just saying I feel it's too bad people prefer to ridicule Cops as a whole instead of praising them.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1833303903275811123
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:45 am Link to a moving video below.
I don't know if they "saved his life" but they definitely helped him.
This is what upsets me, we live in a society where this past week people preferred to focus on hating on Cops because they were assholes towards Ty Hill instead of praising Cops who "save" Pearsall's life.
Yes, I fully understand there are extenuating circumstances that people are ticked off about in relation to the Hill situation. They aren't wrong to feel the way they do. I'm just saying I feel it's too bad people prefer to ridicule Cops as a whole instead of praising them.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1833303903275811123
It's not a "preference" of responding to one vs. the other. I don't personally feel that praise is needed for doing your job like you should but I definitely feel that abusing your power as a police officer requires a loud, vocal response.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:31 am There's fault on both sides here but overwhelmingly weighed towards the police officers who need to respect their right to escalate and use force.

Hill received citations for careless driving and a seat belt violation. Hill was cited for allegedly speeding at a "visual estimation of 60 mph," according to his citation.

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/tyreek-hil ... -incident/

So let's put the whole "he was going 100mph" thing to bed now. My guess is that the same type of people who put out that "Haitian immigrants are eating neighborhood pets in Springfield, OH" are the same people claiming that Hill "got what he deserved for going over 100mph".
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

except Hill has a proven history of being a piece of shit so any stories about him are more likely to be believed.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

If his windows were so tinted, how did they see he wasn't wearing a seat belt?

And LOL @ "I didn't actually clock him, but I visually estimated his speed at 60mph".