Gutter's 5 Questions for National Make Your Bed Day 9/11/24

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 Questions for National Make Your Bed Day 9/11/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Two parter.
a. Do you or someone else in your home "make your bed" daily - or at least typically every day that you are home?
b. How often do you "change" (or wash and then put back on the same) your sheets?

2. We have discussed this on other threads but I'll ask it today on this one - where were you when you first heard a plane/the planes hit the World Trade Center building/s on 9/11/01?

3. Which of the following couples do you like the MOST and which do you like the LEAST.
a. Michelle and Barack Obama
b. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce
c. Beyonce and Jay-Z
d. ​Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham
e. Victoria and David Beckham
f. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
g. Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird
h. Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens
i. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
k. Savannah and LeBron James

4. These are/were the thoroughbred horses that ran in the 1st race at Hong Kong Happy Valley this morning (in the USA)/evening (in Hong Kong). I am providing their program odds. Which horse do you think will win/won?
1. Daily Trophy 11/2
2. Joyful Life 4/1
3. Super Eagle 11/1
4. High Rise Power 26/1
5. Speedy Chariot 3/1
6. Happy Feeling 21/1
7. Cheer For South 7/2
8. Viva A La 5/1
9. Wind Speeder 11/1

5. If I were to adopt this dog and had to chose one of the following names. Which name do you feel I should choose?
a. Buddy
b. Dude
c. Shithead
d. Marcus
e. Giligan
f. Elon
g. Petey
h. Ralph
i. Issac
j. Billy

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions for National Make Your Bed Day 9/11/24

Post by DeletedUser »

1. Yes. Once a week.

2. In "constitution" class freshman year of HS.

3. Most LeBron and Sav. Least Rapinoe and Bird (nothing to do with Sue Bird).

4. Cheer for the South

5. He looks like a shithead.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

a. Typically no.
b. Typically once a week.

2. Trading floor CBOE

3. Too hard to answer because I really don't care. If I have to choose without giving it too much thought...
favorite - Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens / least favorite - Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce
P.S. I don't dislike Taylor Swift and I don't dislike Travis Kelce, as a couple - I don't care for them. If they are happy (and they seem to be), I say a sincere - good for them.

4. 2. Joyful Life

5. In order of how I like the names for him...
a. Buddy
b. Dude
g. Petey
d. Marcus
h. Ralph
f. Elon
e. Giligan
j. Billy
c. Shithead
i. Issac
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1 - a) no, b) depends, but usually every couple weeks

2 - working retail in Larryville (not sure why i didn’t have class that morning)

3 - most: Obamas; least: James (just because bron is a baby…i really don’t dislike any of them)

4 - Happy Feeling

5 - Shithead (that’s doesn’t look like a good option for an apartment…jussayin)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) a) Mrs. 99 usually makes the bed. IDGAF about it.
b) Once every couple of weeks
2) I stopped to get gas on the way to work and was running a little late. I just pulled into the parking lot as Johnny Dare announced a small, private plane had crashed into one of the towers.
3) I'm not all that invested in any of them. Tay and Trav is kinda cool and it pisses off old, white guys. Least? None of them, why would I disapprove?
4) Viva a La
5) That's a Petey
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. no, once wvery couple weeks
2. woke up to the news, roommate had just found out that something weird was happening
3. I don't give a single shit about any of them
4. wind speeder
5. Marcus
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. BUD does most days. She cleans the sheets weekly. ( as opposed to, when I was a bachelor, maybe every 6 weeks )
2. Was parking at lot 90 ( where the tennis courts across from AFH used to be ) I'm pretty sure listening to 96.5 the BUZZ ( RIP - I heard this just got removed from the airways ) and, right before I turned it off, the DJ was talking briefly about an airplane hitting the WTC. I figured a smaller plane in my mind and an accident. Went to class but class was only half full...teacher proceeded to have our normal 3 hour class.
3. I like Tom Hanks and don't know much about his wife ( actress ) so i'll go with them. Beyonce and JayZ aren't it for me.
4. 8 - Viva
5. Petey
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. No. When the black light indicates it’s time.

2. My apartment on Green Mountain. I had lived in Colorado for a month at time. My roommate and a girlfriend of his girlfriend were also there. Later that today I guess the traumatic nature of the day led to her needing closeness. Maybe me too.

3. Oprah Least. Obama most.

4. Super Eagle

5. Haitian Hank.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. a. Yes, kind of….the second one to get up pulls the sheet and comforter over; b. Every other week
2. Got up and turned on the computer, saw the headlines on Yahoo! home page. Second plane had already hit but headline not yet updated. Turned on the TV……
3. Most- Obamas. Least - Beyonce and JayZ
4. Super Eagle
5. Marcus
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yes, me, every day.
Used to wash the sheets weekly, but now that I'm single and am looking for rationalizations to be lazy, I've become a believer in the hygiene theory so I only wash the sheets every other Friday, and don't shower daily like I did for many, many decades, anymore, either.

I was listening to the radio in my car on my way to the office and heard about the first plane crash from Jason Whitlock.

Most: Barack and Michelle, Least: Will & Jada Pinkett Smith

Speedy Chariot

Nipper
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman