OFFICIAL DEBATE DRINKING THREAD

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: OFFICIAL DEBATE DRINKING THREAD

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:33 am Harris and Demos should refuse to hold a future debate, if there is one, on Fox.

Fox just paid > ¾ of a billion dollar$ for lying. Why deal with a business you know is crooked, that acts in bad faith? Send a message that if you want to be included in opportunities like the debates present, you can't get away with that kind of shit.
Harris is rightly thinking "any time, anywhere". No chance Trump does another one. He got humiliated.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:33 am Harris and Demos should refuse to hold a future debate, if there is one, on Fox.

Fox just paid > ¾ of a billion dollar$ for lying. Why deal with a business you know is crooked, that acts in bad faith? Send a message that if you want to be included in opportunities like the debates present, you can't get away with that kind of shit.

I did enjoy last night when Trump cited, as support for his madness, those intellectual lights Laura Ingraham and Jesse Watters. If he hadn’t seized on and moved on to the next lie in his playlist, he would have eventually named Lou Dobbs and then Greg Gutfield and then Mike Lindell and then, I assume, Randy.

And I do not mean, like, naming Randy’s actual identity.

I mean, “the brilliant legal and political and virology and gender identity scholar randylahey, on the prominent political think tank website, the Politics board of kansascrimson.com.”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i see no reason for another presidential debate. i have seen all i need to see.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:46 am i see no reason for another presidential debate. i have seen all i need to see.
I enjoyed watching Trump getting humiliated by a black woman and wouldn't mind seeing it happen again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:51 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:46 am i see no reason for another presidential debate. i have seen all i need to see.
I enjoyed watching Trump getting humiliated by a black woman and wouldn't mind seeing it happen again.
You’ll just have to wait until November, then.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

She doesn’t look black. Racist thinking.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:24 pm
Racist thinking is that your race is based on what you look like and not what you are.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The market has spoken. After clawing its way back up to $18.6 just before the debate, DJT stock fell to $15.5 this morning right after the start of trading.

Come on rubes, your savior is counting on this money! Buy more stock!
Stocks previously seen as beneficiaries of former president Donald Trump's prospects for a second term tanked on Wednesday after a presidential debate between the candidate and Democratic candidate Kamala Harris.

Trump Media & Technology (DJT) dropped as much as 13% after post-debate commentary described Trump as defensive as Harris appeared to get under her rival's skin.

Shares of the company, which operates Truth Social, have been sensitive to Trump's bid for the presidency. The stock has fallen almost 60% since mid-July, when it became clear that President Biden would likely be replaced as the Democratic candidate.

Private prison stocks — a beneficiary of Trump’s staunch position on illegal immigration and support of increased border patrol — also sank on Wednesday. GEO Group (GEO), a Boca Raton, Fla.-based company that invests in private prisons, fell more than 8%.

CoreCivic (CXW), formerly the Corrections Corporation of America, which owns and manages private prisons and detention centers in the US, also dropped 6%.
well, that's just one opinion
Shares of Republican candidate Donald Trump's company (DJT) that owns the Truth Social slumped 14% in busy trading on Wednesday as betting odds of a win for Democratic candidate Kamala Harris grew after a combative presidential debate.

Harris put Trump on the defensive with a stream of attacks on his fitness for office, his support of abortion restrictions and his myriad legal woes, prompting a visibly angry Trump to deliver a series of falsehood-filled retorts.

Trump has a more than 50% stake in Trump Media & Technology Group, which has a market value of $3.7 billion. Its shares are popular among retail traders and sensitive to the former president's chances of a win in the 2024 election.

The stock has slumped nearly 60% since mid-July as Harris' chances improved against Trump after she replaced President Joe Biden as the Democratic candidate.

After the debate, pricing for a Trump victory slipped by 6 cents to 47 cents with a potential $1 payout on online betting site PredictIt, while Harris' odds rose to 57 cents from 53 cents.

"At this point, DJT is the betting stock for Trump winning," said Matthew Tuttle, CEO of Tuttle Capital Management.

Harris' candidacy also received a boost after pop megastar Taylor Swift told her 280 million Instagram followers in a post that she will vote for the Democratic candidate.

"The US Presidential debate achieved its goal by providing a decisive edge to one of the candidates in what has been an exceptionally close race," said Charu Chanana, global market strategist at investment platform Saxo.
well OK, maybe it's a pattern
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sept has been ugly for the stock market. worst start to a sept in maybe ever.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:37 pm
dolomite wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:24 pm

Racist thinking is that your race is based on what you look like and not what you are.
Not for nothing: I would imagine that a great many people have more-or-less the same image in their heads when they consider Jamaicans and Haitians.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:40 pm sept has been ugly for the stock market. worst start to a sept in maybe ever.
Right this second, the Dow is about 1,000 points short of its all-time high. Which was hit less than two weeks ago.

I understand you have a great many objections to Democrats. And one of them is your perception that Democrats are bad for the economy. But you really need to think about your priors, and whether it really makes sense to keep trying to confirm them.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i favor the bahamas.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's more of a reality than it is a perception. considering we are living it as we speak. as opposed to perceptioning it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Solar stocks trading higher following last night's presidential debate

First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) and Enphase Energy (ENPH) rank among the five biggest gainers on the S&P 500 Wednesday, +9.6% and +3.6% respectively, as the consensus thinking believes Vice President Harris came out stronger from last night's debate with former President Trump...

Investors believe a Harris win would benefit clean energy stocks, which have received tax credits through Biden administration's Inflation Reduction Act; Harris also repeated that she would not ban fracking if she becomes president.

Trump slammed the Biden administration's energy policy, saying if Harris wins in November that "fossil fuel will be dead" and the U.S. would "go back to windmills and we'll go back to solar, where they need a whole desert to get some energy to come out, but he added "by the way, I'm a big fan of solar."

"We expect a near-term bounce towards Vice President Harris following the first debate with former President Trump, but the longer-term impact remains unclear," Raymond James analyst Ed Mills wrote.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:40 pm sept has been ugly for the stock market. worst start to a sept in maybe ever.
I just got the financial statements for our trust from our financial advisors yesterday. My wife who is a decade younger than I, was thinking she would continue to work after I retire. After looking at the statements, she is thinking maybe not.

Mich, maybe you should get better financial advisors.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:07 am
JKLivin wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:05 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:01 am

I am going edit your post for you.

My delusion here is deep. I need help. Trump's word-salads, slurred speech, non-answers, and general idiocy cut his own throat.

Anyone who wants four more years of Trump's bullshit deserves what they get. I have to believe that most people are smart enough to look around at the state of this country and the shit that I and others like me spew, and vote accordingly.
If you can’t look at his track record and her track record and make the right choice, then there’s not much I can say to help you.
You can't look at his track record honestly so there isn't anything I want to hear from you.
And you’re under the delusion that things are better now than they were four years ago, so there isn’t anything I want to hear from you.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:50 pm it's more of a reality than it is a perception. considering we are living it as we speak. as opposed to perceptioning it.
Ah Mich, your insight is an enigma bundled in a Crunchwrap Supreme within a riddle and lacking fiber.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:07 am
JKLivin wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:05 am

If you can’t look at his track record and her track record and make the right choice, then there’s not much I can say to help you.
You can't look at his track record honestly so there isn't anything I want to hear from you.
And you’re under the delusion that things are better now than they were four years ago, so there isn’t anything I want to hear from you.
But things are much much better. Been to any mass graves lately? You labor under the delusion that Trump didn't screw up the world economy. The United States has recovered its properity while most of the world is still in shock. Holding your breath will not change facts--which we can tell you but not understand for you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:50 pm it's more of a reality than it is a perception. considering we are living it as we speak. as opposed to perceptioning it.
What we are living, as we speak, is a series of market high after market high, with great job numbers and inflation and energy costs down at a level that puts (in respect of post-Covid developments) our peer economies to shame.

I am aware that broad-based figures do not - are not intended to - reflect uniform and specific experiences on the ground everywhere.

But you are engaged in a years-long exercise in denial over how we are doing as a national economy.
Last edited by jfish26 on Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This September has pretty much mirrored every September, when kids go back to school and family summet vacations come to an end. It is regularly on the of worst months for stocks. You're grasping at straws.