NFL Season 2024

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NFL Season 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:19 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:45 am Link to a moving video below.
I don't know if they "saved his life" but they definitely helped him.
This is what upsets me, we live in a society where this past week people preferred to focus on hating on Cops because they were assholes towards Ty Hill instead of praising Cops who "save" Pearsall's life.
Yes, I fully understand there are extenuating circumstances that people are ticked off about in relation to the Hill situation. They aren't wrong to feel the way they do. I'm just saying I feel it's too bad people prefer to ridicule Cops as a whole instead of praising them.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1833303903275811123
It's not a "preference" of responding to one vs. the other. I don't personally feel that praise is needed for doing your job like you should but I definitely feel that abusing your power as a police officer requires a loud, vocal response.
I started to type a too long too confusing response. Instead I am going to say, I agree 100%
that abusing your power as a police officer requires (or at least deserves) a loud, vocal response.
Absolutely, Cops who deserve ridicule - should be ridiculed.
I not so simply said, "I feel it's too bad people prefer to ridicule Cops as a whole instead of praising them". I'm sticking to that. Cops who deserve ridicule - should be ridiculed. Cops who deserve praise - should be praised. Sometimes even it is just for "doing their job". I'm someone who has seen GOOD cops have bricks thrown at them, had people walk up to them and say FUCK YOU and spit on them, and I know Cops who have been shot at simply because they are Cops. I have a BIG problem with that - just as I have a BIG problem with bad Cops who abuse their power.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:37 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:45 am Link to a moving video below.
I don't know if they "saved his life" but they definitely helped him.
This is what upsets me, we live in a society where this past week people preferred to focus on hating on Cops because they were assholes towards Ty Hill instead of praising Cops who "save" Pearsall's life.
Yes, I fully understand there are extenuating circumstances that people are ticked off about in relation to the Hill situation. They aren't wrong to feel the way they do. I'm just saying I feel it's too bad people prefer to ridicule Cops as a whole instead of praising them.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1833303903275811123
It's not a "preference" of responding to one vs. the other. I don't personally feel that praise is needed for doing your job like you should but I definitely feel that abusing your power as a police officer requires a loud, vocal response.
I started to type a too long too confusing response. Instead I am going to say, I agree 100%
that abusing your power as a police officer requires (or at least deserves) a loud, vocal response.
I not so simply said, "I feel it's too bad people prefer to ridicule Cops as a whole instead of praising them". I'm sticking to that. Cops who deserve ridicule - should be ridiculed. Cops who deserve praise - should be praised. Sometimes even it is just for "doing their job". I'm someone who has seen GOOD cops have bricks thrown at them, had people walk up to them and say FUCK YOU and spit on them, and I know Cops who have been shot at simply because they are Cops. I have a BIG problem with that - just as I have a BIG problem with bad Cops who abuse their power.
I praise cops when I see they go above and beyond in their service to the community. Are there enough stories about them on social media? No. Are food cops getting a bad rap sometimes? Yes.

Good cops need to be more vocal in standing up when their fellow officers behave badly.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:26 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:37 pm
I praise cops when I see they go above and beyond in their service to the community. Are there enough stories about them on social media? No. Are food cops getting a bad rap sometimes? Yes.

Good cops need to be more vocal in standing up when their fellow officers behave badly.
I agree with everything you said.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Just noticed I went 12-4 (3,743 RANK 97.5%) against the spread on the ESPN Pigskin Pick'em.
Games I lost were the Falcons -2.5 (65% of people picked them), Bills -6.5 (won by 6, 70% picked them), Bengals -8.5 (78% picked them), and the Commanders +4.5 (35% picked them).
Standout game I won was the Jags +3.5 (only 23% picked them).

Picks for this week....

Bills +1.5 / Phins
Cowboys -6.5 / Saints
Buccs +6.5 / Lions
Pack +3.5 (Go Malik Willis but I hope they lose by 3) / Colts (so far 71% have the Colts)
Tits +3.5 / Jets (so far 77% have Jets)
49ers - 4.5 / Vikes
Pats +3.5 / Seahawks (so far 62% have the Birds)
Commanders -2.5 / GMen
Bolts -6.5 / Pantfiddlers
Brownies +3.5 / Jag offs (so far 67% have the Jags)
Ravens -9.5 / Raiders
Lams +.5 / Cards
Steelers -2.5 / Donks
Chefs -5.5 / Bengals
Texans -6.5 / Bares
Eagles -6.5 / Falcons
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Only the 1st half but the Bills are eating flipper for dinner
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:24 pm Only the 1st half but the Bills are eating flipper for dinner
So are you saying the dolla dolla Bills y'all pulling a RFKJr. or a Haitian immigrant on the Phins?
I wanted to watch the game but I got GUTTERED. AmPrime isn't working on my TV "Smart Hub". Of course.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:55 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:24 pm Only the 1st half but the Bills are eating flipper for dinner
So are you saying the dolla dolla Bills y'all pulling a RFKJr. or a Haitian immigrant on the Phins?
I wanted to watch the game but I got GUTTERED. AmPrime isn't working on my TV "Smart Hub". Of course.
LOL at idiot me. I used my Xfinity voice command and now I'm watching the game. :?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Tua is Samoan for behind. Seriously. The guy needs to pull his head out of his Tua. He's not going to last another 2 years in a league. If he lasts beyond this season.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

stupid play...what was he doing? he already had the first down....
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Um.
So Tua should maybe think about quitting football, right?
And if he doesn't, someone around him should try to convince/force him to.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:30 am Um.
So Tua should maybe think about quitting football, right?
And if he doesn't, someone around him should try to convince/force him to.
Yes.

Worthless predictions for the week

Bears / Texans -6.5 (Tex by 8)
Aints / Boys -6 (Boys by 11)
Buccs / Lions -7.5 (Lions by 8)
Colts -2.5 / Pack (Colts by 4)
Jets / Tits +3.5 (Tits by 1)
9ers -5 / Vikes (9ers by 7)
Seahawks -3.5 / Pats (Seahawks by 6)
Giants / Commanders -1.5 (Commanders by 8)
Chargers -5 / Pantsfiddlers (Bolts by 16)
Browns +3 / Jags (Browns by 6)
Raiders / Raves -9 (Raves by 13)
Rams +1 / Cards (Rams by 5)
Steelers -2.5 / Donks (Steel by 7)
Bengals / Chiefs -5.5 (Chiefs by 11)
Falcons / Eagles -6.5 (Eagles by 10)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I want the Patriots to loose all the rest of their games but I could see them starting 2-0.
That defense is legit and if you play boring smash mouth no turnover football they'll take down some mid teams ( and Seattle is a mid team ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Mike McDaniel should consider retiring. Seems he may be more brain dead than Tua. Not sure if it is from drugs, alcohol, or concussions, but the man isn't well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYUBT8meZg
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:39 pm Mike McDaniel should consider retiring. Seems he may be more brain dead than Tua. Not sure if it is from drugs, alcohol, or concussions, but the man isn't well.

What's wrong with him?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:54 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:39 pm Mike McDaniel should consider retiring. Seems he may be more brain dead than Tua. Not sure if it is from drugs, alcohol, or concussions, but the man isn't well.

What's wrong with him?
You tell me.
As long as he has been the coach of the Dolphins he's been a weird dude. I get that. He has a weird way of communicating.
That being said, I watched his Tyreek presser (after the "incident") and I watched the video after the loss. Compare those two videos to how he was last season. Something is off with him.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I think he genuinely cares about Tua and was trying very hard to say the right things, while also not saying things that could be turned around.

What happened to Tua is scary. Especially if you know him as more than a football player on the TV.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Bears L
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Will Caleb Williams throw a touchdown pass this season?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:23 pm Will Caleb Williams throw a touchdown pass this season?
I laughed.
I know Justin Fields will/did.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:29 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:23 pm Will Caleb Williams throw a touchdown pass this season?
I laughed.
I know Justin Fields will/did.
Regular season?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy