Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:19 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:07 am
JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:02 am

But which is better? I'm really concerned with being liked and admired.
Is it better to be a dumb ass or a smart ass? Inquiring minds want to know.
Answering a question with a question. Nice.
I'll let you do the research and decide for yourself. There is probably some sort of youtube video out there to help if you're struggling.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:06 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:18 am
Made the mistake of "un-foeing" randy (and "displaying this post") to read his post above and click on the link.
And it grates on me that Overlander got to have a beer with you before I did. WTF?
Does it make it worse that I had wine?

Besides, I was making a quick stop to meeting a new friend, on my way to a resort for some good old fashioned capitalism.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:27 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:07 am
Is it better to be a dumb ass or a smart ass? Inquiring minds want to know.
I'll let you do the research and decide for yourself. There is probably some sort of youtube video out there to help if you're struggling.
I'm not struggling at all. Just interested in the thought process going on here.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:51 am

I'm not struggling at all. Just interested in the thought process going on here.
Anyways....

Great to see Kamala out in NC, it is very much in play now. Curious to see if she can get that flipped.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:05 am
Anyways....

Great to see Kamala out in NC, it is very much in play now. Curious to see if she can get that flipped.
I think she will. But even if she falls short, the fight over NC will cost Trump dearly elsewhere.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:07 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:05 am

Anyways....

I think she will. But even if she falls short, the fight over NC will cost Trump dearly elsewhere.
I mean, he was able to get a few hundred people to come see his rally in Arizona.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I question why anyone would go to any political rally. Whether it be trump kamala or anyone else. They seem like a toxic environment, and I you wont learn anything there that you couldn't by reading or watching from home
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:24 am I question why anyone would go to any political rally. Whether it be trump kamala or anyone else. They seem like a toxic environment, and I you wont learn anything there that you couldn't by reading or watching from home
You either have not seen a Harris rally, or you consider hope and joy and enthusiasm and patriotism, tempered with seriousness of purpose and resolve, toxic.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

japhy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:06 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:18 am
Made the mistake of "un-foeing" randy (and "displaying this post") to read his post above and click on the link.
Dude, you have to read their work and check out their sources. They are a valuable resource and provide a public service. Most of us have little contact with their ilk in our life. Without them showing us the disease is real, we might think they are a figment of Fox News imagination.

It's like looking at photos of a lamprey's mouth. At first glance it is repulsive. But once you let that wash over you it is pretty fascinating. To see the details of how a parasite feeds and grows, it is all right there. Close observation under a microscope is an important part of finding a cure.

We will discuss over beers at Miller's Pub next year. This year's end travel schedule is filled, but I need to get back up to the Hog Butcher of the World, City of Big Shoulders soon.

And it grates on me that Overlander got to have a beer with you before I did. WTF?
I can't thank you enough for entertaining me and sharing your wisdom. I need to look in the mirror when I allow myself to get fed up with randy and JK. That's on me, not them.

The shameful thing is Overlander ended up buying me my lunch for the next day. Confused? You should be. I didn't eat when we got together (had a blood test the next day) and he had left overs that he very kindly gave to me. I felt terrible, when someone is a guest in my city, I should be buying them their meal. Hopefully he returns to Chicago one day and I can/will do as such.

I'm not drinking beers (or any other alcohol) these days (well, in the last 6000+ days) which I know, is too bad - it's a choice I had to make for health reasons when I made the choice, but I would love to get together and have you have a few beers.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:24 am I question why anyone would go to any political rally. Whether it be trump kamala or anyone else. They seem like a toxic environment, and I you wont learn anything there that you couldn't by reading or watching from home
Agreed. It would be like going to a KU basketball pep rally. No game, just a bunch of "Hey, we're really good and our opponents isn't" speeches.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:31 am
You either have not seen a Harris rally, or you consider hope and joy and enthusiasm and patriotism, tempered with seriousness of purpose and resolve, toxic.
Of course. They take place in a soft gentle meadow with butterflies and rainbows and the smell of fresh lavender

Hope for what? She's been in office for 4 years already. If she meant anything she said, and was going to follow through with any promises, she would have already fucking done it. All that's really changed in the past 4 years is everything is significantly more expensive, there a lot more people here illegally, and Ukraine has been ravaged
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:31 pm
Of course. They take place in a soft gentle meadow with butterflies and rainbows and the smell of fresh lavender

Hope for what? She's been in office for 4 years already. If she meant anything she said, and was going to follow through with any promises, she would have already fucking done it. All that's really changed in the past 4 years is everything is significantly more expensive, there a lot more people here illegally, and Ukraine has been ravaged
So you have policy disagreements with her. Doesn't make it any less silly to call her rallies "toxic" - seems to me like the height of projection to do so.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"toxic" is in the eyes of the beholder.

i suspect a ch fan would find a dt rally to be toxic. Ii suspect a dt fan would find a ch rally to be toxic.

"toxic" is in the eyes of the beholder.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Is anyone else here pissed that Pence didn't get Mexico to pay for that 1/1896th of the wall?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:40 pm

So you have policy disagreements with her. Doesn't make it any less silly to call her rallies "toxic" - seems to me like the height of projection to do so.
They are actively seeking to destroy our country and way of life. That goes far beyond policy disagreements. Toxic is putting mildly.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have only been to one. At the behest of my 12 year old daughter. She really wanted to see Obama speak. I asked her why and she said she thought it would be a historic event and she wanted to be there.

Seriously, when your 12 year old gives you this kind of clear eyed reason to be somewhere, to see something she feels is important; you say fuck it, let's roll. We stood in line to go through the metal detector for over two hours. But she was enthused and it was no big deal. When we got as close as we could, there were too many people crowded together in the space near the Liberty Memorial for her to see. I had to put her on my shoulders so she could see. I have no clue how much of what she heard was comprehended, but that wasn't the point. It was an important event for her. The kid was on fire afterwards.

To this day this woman is politically and socially engaged and talks about what a great experience it was.

I went to the Women's March in KC also. Another huge crowd. I took my mom and my trans "best man" and Annie, all wearing their "pussy hats". There were rumors of trouble coming and they wanted me around for a body guard. It also was an uplifting experience, women talking about empowerment and positive change.

I never really had an interest in attending these sorts of things, but I will go whenever the girls want me to go with them it seems. Maybe this is why having more women leaders makes sense to me, they move me to experience things I would not otherwise. Both events left me feeling more hopeful about the future.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:58 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:40 pm

They are actively seeking to destroy our Misogynistic way of life. That goes far beyond policy disagreements. Toxic is putting mildly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The guy that keeps telling us how irrelevant the VP is now suddenly feels that Harris should have been accomplishing a bunch of policy wins while serving as VP. Brilliant.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

American politics itself is a toxic environment.

Kamala is appointed and backed by the military industrial machine, which is pushing us and NATO closer to all out war with Russia. So yes, that's pretty toxic. What's already happened in Ukraine so far has been toxic. These democrats you so passionately support are warmongers. And they do it for profit
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:34 pm

The guy that keeps telling us how irrelevant the VP is now suddenly feels that Harris should have been accomplishing a bunch of policy wins while serving as VP. Brilliant.
Well is she a continuation of the biden administration or not?

If she is, they should have accomplished something, and she's not free from blame of what has gone wrong the last 4 years. If she's not, she shouldn't be the nominee without a fair primary
Last edited by randylahey on Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.