Re: KU vs Nev 24

Post by Sparko »

We should be 3-0. Yay?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ChalkRocker wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:30 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:25 pm UNLV played badly. It was almost like we threw the game. Grimes needs to be demoted.
Disagree. They're good, and I'll bet they show it over time.

And we're good, too, etc, etc.

in my view, we lost an early-season game, not polished, to a good opponent. But it's so flippin early in the season.

Stay off ledges, you guys
Just a terrible schedule based on revenge alone. Now an angry WVU.

We missed three interceptions and a fumble. And they have one guy who somehow surprised us time after time.
Last edited by Sparko on Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:25 pm UNLV played badly. It was almost like we threw the game. Grimes needs to be demoted.

in my view, we lost an early-season game, not polished, to a good opponent. But it's so flippin early in the season.

Meh.
We lost at home to a team that’ll finish out of the top 35 after loosing to a team that’ll finish out of the top 25.
Our hopes this season were to maybe somehow sneak into the CFP.

Our hopes now have to be adjusted to making as good a bowl game as last year.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This team needs to start executing. Beatty like feel. The refs need to be better too. Bush leaguers
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

This team has looked like shit in 9 or 10 of the 12 quarters they’ve played. Second quarter against the JV team week 1, first and some of the second quarter today. We’ve also imploded in the last minute of the first half the last 2 games and couldn’t stop very mediocre offenses when it counted. Two weeks in a row we’ve had 2-minute drills to tie/win and looked like as organized as a pop warner offense. This team is mediocre at best in every phase of the game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I feel like WVU next week we should be like 6 point dogs.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KU handed me $ tonight. Would have handed me money last week if I could have bet on the Illness.
Lance not so rah rah tonight in the post game presser. He knows this team has issues that weren't resolved between last week and this week.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:34 pm

Meh.
We lost at home to a team that’ll finish out of the top 35 after loosing to a team that’ll finish out of the top 25.
Our hopes this season were to maybe somehow sneak into the CFP.

Our hopes now have to be adjusted to making as good a bowl game as last year.
The tea-leaf reading is strong in you. or not.

We never had a prayer of getting in the Playoffs. A good bowl is a worthy goal.

LV is a good oppo, and if they're a top-50 team at end-of-season, that'll prove it.

so much negativity, man. it's a downer...a real drag
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

May be time to find the voodoo doll. Some very very bad luck again
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We hoped KU would be not only relevant but actually good this year.

They are neither.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Guess I’m going to have to readjust my expectations for this season. Is anyone missing Jason Bean? Poor tackling, penalties, more bad play calling, poor execution, JD underachieving. Down the stretch, UNLV QB was running practically every play and the defense was continually fooled. Disappointing non conference season. JD is going to have to play much better. Better coaching will also be required to turn things around.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I bench JD. He has a weird Dane Christ vibe where he seems to be folding. Just weird sudden breakdowns against inferior teams and sudden injuries. A game manager would be 3-0. I don't know what is wrong. But it may be as simple as Grimes.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:22 pm May be time to find the voodoo doll. Some very very bad luck again
Probably Karma for selling out and playing games in Arrowhead.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:53 pm I bench JD. He has a weird Dane Christ vibe where he seems to be folding. Just weird sudden breakdowns against inferior teams and sudden injuries. A game manager would be 3-0. I don't know what is wrong. But it may be as simple as Grimes.
I think we underestimated just how good Jason Bean was. His performance in the NFL preseason seems to support that.

Jalon is super talented, but he hasn't played a lot of football the last 12months.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

5 worthless thoughts.

1. Inexcusable mistakes. Interceptions, dumb penalties, not falling on the ball on the fumble, bad offensive play calling, allowing the TD at the end of the half, etc.. etc. The difference/s between a W and an L last night and in the Illiness game.

2. Grimes is a problem but so is Daniels. The guy is just one step above sucks this season. He's been bad.

3. The team came in to the season full of themselves. Nothing wrong with being confident and they deserved to be, I'm just saying maybe they thought they were better than they are? Or at least have played.

4. NFL scouts and GM are a lot smarter than I am when it comes to evaluating talent. Who on the team might be thinking they hurt themselves by staying?

5. Can anyone honestly tell me you think next year's team will be better than this team? We lose A LOT of talent. Of course we will get some very good recruits and a bunch of guys through the portal but I'm not going to expect next season's team to win more than 4 games - until I see who we have and maybe make an adjustment on that prediction.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:08 am
Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:53 pm I bench JD. He has a weird Dane Christ vibe where he seems to be folding. Just weird sudden breakdowns against inferior teams and sudden injuries. A game manager would be 3-0. I don't know what is wrong. But it may be as simple as Grimes.
I think we underestimated just how good Jason Bean was. His performance in the NFL preseason seems to support that.

Jalon is super talented, but he hasn't played a lot of football the last 12months.
I think you underestimated how good AK was as our OC. JD was electric with AK. Look we have all the skill position back from a electric offense. JD was so good in that offense that Bean was the back up QB. The offense is not electric at all, it is all Grimed up.

The defense is the best we have ever had. In say recent times, and can get even better.

The tragic thing is this is our year. We had built up to this year. Next year we are toast.

Sad days. Lance had his coaches and they were together forever. Some left and we just ain't the same.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://x.com/BryBryStrick/status/18347 ... 7Gl7w&s=19

This KU football season in one play
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:04 am https://x.com/BryBryStrick/status/18347 ... 7Gl7w&s=19

This KU football season in one play
We for sure not getting any breaks. That and the muffed punt both leading to L's. But giving up those TD's right before the half's were the real Killers.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:00 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:08 am

I think you underestimated how good AK was as our OC. JD was electric with AK. Look we have all the skill position back from a electric offense. JD was so good in that offense that Bean was the back up QB. The offense is not electric at all, it is all Grimed up.

The defense is the best we have ever had. In say recent times, and can get even better.

The tragic thing is this is our year. We had built up to this year. Next year we are toast.

Sad days. Lance had his coaches and they were together forever. Some left and we just ain't the same.
I agree we have downgraded at OC. Which is fairly standard when your OC gets lured away.

I do not think this year's issues are 100% on the OC. The team didn't unlearn the plays we've ran the last several years. And the OC still answers to the HC.

Frustrating year so far after an offseason filled with hope and excitement.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

You know what, now that I think about it, it’s AlOerter’s fault. We didn’t play Nevada, we played UNLV (Nevada-Las Vegas).

He named the thread wrong. His fault.