KU vs Nev 24

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: KU vs Nev 24

Post by jfish26 »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:00 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:08 am
Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:53 pm I bench JD. He has a weird Dane Christ vibe where he seems to be folding. Just weird sudden breakdowns against inferior teams and sudden injuries. A game manager would be 3-0. I don't know what is wrong. But it may be as simple as Grimes.
I think we underestimated just how good Jason Bean was. His performance in the NFL preseason seems to support that.

Jalon is super talented, but he hasn't played a lot of football the last 12months.
I think you underestimated how good AK was as our OC. JD was electric with AK. Look we have all the skill position back from a electric offense. JD was so good in that offense that Bean was the back up QB. The offense is not electric at all, it is all Grimed up.

The defense is the best we have ever had. In say recent times, and can get even better.

The tragic thing is this is our year. We had built up to this year. Next year we are toast.

Sad days. Lance had his coaches and they were together forever. Some left and we just ain't the same.
You say we’re toast next year, but … why at this point would we think we’ll be without Daniels? The bigger threat than the NFL is a transfer, for sure.

The offensive ineptitude is inexcusable. All we had to do is copy+paste, and it looks like we’re intentionally going away from something that worked.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The two deep safety thing took Mahomes some time to figure out. Why it works so well on KU is that it requires continuous precision. 12-15 play drives. Had Grimes just stuck to the run at the end of the First half this would have turned out okay. But he got impatient. After Neal's long run, the team should have called timeout to strategize and remind Jalen to limit throwing into eight man coverages and deep safeties. Same is true on the final drive with the defense. What was remarkable was the UNLV had exactly one weapon--greased Baby Huey at QB. KU left open the middle several times--a sign of inexperience at LB or insanity by Borland. UNLV Is not a complete team and KU exposed it while exposing itself as an impatient, frustrated team. JD needs to play in retrospect, but we need to teach him to manage the damned game--and that is on coaching.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Hopefully it’s just a rust issue, but JD isn’t getting through his reads quickly enough, and his accuracy on intermediate throws has been dreadful.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

LL said he was panicking and throwing low all night. And wasn't waiting to completely read the defense. I think the issue here is the injury. He hears footsteps all the time now. Human nature.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He’s not running like he’s scared of being hit, though. I just think he’s super uncomfortable in an offense that, to my very amateur eyes anyway, DID NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:08 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:08 am

I think we underestimated just how good Jason Bean was. His performance in the NFL preseason seems to support that.

Jalon is super talented, but he hasn't played a lot of football the last 12months.
I think you underestimated how good AK was as our OC. JD was electric with AK. Look we have all the skill position back from a electric offense. JD was so good in that offense that Bean was the back up QB. The offense is not electric at all, it is all Grimed up.

The defense is the best we have ever had. In say recent times, and can get even better.

The tragic thing is this is our year. We had built up to this year. Next year we are toast.

Sad days. Lance had his coaches and they were together forever. Some left and we just ain't the same.
You say we’re toast next year, but … why at this point would we think we’ll be without Daniels? The bigger threat than the NFL is a transfer, for sure.

The offensive ineptitude is inexcusable. All we had to do is copy+paste, and it looks like we’re intentionally going away from something that worked.
Not really going to matter what JD does.

Offense The Skill position's

WR Grimm, Skinner, Arnold, Wilson, Locklin

TE Casey, Kardell

RB Neal

OL Ford, Cabeldue, Simmons, Bumgardner

Defense

UMMM everybody lol

both CB's both Safety's four LB's couple DL's including Robinson
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Portal. See Illinois. Need to turn this bastard season around.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:30 am LL said he was panicking and throwing low all night. And wasn't waiting to completely read the defense. I think the issue here is the injury. He hears footsteps all the time now. Human nature.
Which is why I thought it was stupid to rest him the entire 2nd half of game 1. We were trying to save him from injury for the hypothetical playoffs we no longer even have a chance to make. Could have used that 2nd half to get into game shape and rhythm...but I get it, an injury effectively ends the big goal for the season. Although a 1-2 start has sort of done the same.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:02 am
Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:22 pm May be time to find the voodoo doll. Some very very bad luck again
Probably Karma for selling out and playing games in Arrowhead.
You know, you may be right.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:36 am
jfish26 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:08 am

Not really going to matter what JD does.

Offense The Skill position's

WR Grimm, Skinner, Arnold, Wilson, Locklin

TE Casey, Kardell

RB Neal

OL Ford, Cabeldue, Simmons, Bumgardner

Defense

UMMM everybody lol

both CB's both Safety's four LB's couple DL's including Robinson
We won’t have the depth and seniority on paper to be as impactful as people thought we would be this season that’s for sure.