Gutter's 5 questions for national WAY too many things day 9/15/24

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 questions for national WAY too many things day 9/15/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Two parter.....
Today is NATIONAL ONLINE LEARNING DAY/NATIONAL NEONATAL NURSES DAY/NATIONAL TACKLE KIDS CANCER DAY/NATIONAL CHEESE TOAST DAY/NATIONAL DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER DAY/NATIONAL LINGUINE DAY/NATIONAL CREME DE MENTHE DAY/NATIONAL WIFE APPRECIATION DAY/NATIONAL FELT HAT DAY.
I have not had a hamburger (or cheeseburger) in over a month. Perhaps the longest I have gone in the last 50+ years. I would eat one today but I have pretty much lost my sense of taste (and smell) so I'll probably pass.
When was the last time you ate a hamburger or cheeseburger and what is your favorite fast food hamburger or cheeseburger?

2. If I am not mistaken, there isn't an NFL team that is favored by more than 10 points today.
Here are today's games. If you had to pick one team that you think will (or has a very good chance to) win by 10 or more points who would you choose?
Colts/Packers
Browns/Jags
Chargers/Panthers
Raiders/Ravens
Saints/Cowboys
Giants/Commanders
Jets/Titans
Seahawks/Patriots
49ers/Vikings
Buccs/Lions
Rams/Cards
Bengals/Chiefs
Steelers/Broncos
Bears/Texans

3. It's inevitable that there will be unrest when the next President is announced and then when the next President is inaugurated.
I'm confident 95% of the people on here feel it will be much worse if Harris wins than if Trump wins.
My question should/would be - why? Instead I will ask, if Trump loses, what is the over/under on how many whacked out posts randy AND psych will collectively post on this site between November 5th 2024 and January 30th 2025 (I extended it a bit after the inauguration), regarding their feeling the election was "stolen"/"fraudulent"?

4. I have a female friend who has 2 kids that are outstanding High School Football players. The other night she posted a video of a bunch (I would guess close to 20) of the Defensive Players eating a nice home cooked meal in her dining room and living room (two large tables). I noticed 2 of the kids were eating without a shirt on. For some reason that bothered me.
Do you feel it is inappropriate for a High School boy/man to eat a nice home cooked meal in someone else's home - shirtless?

5. You must play one of the following board games with 3 other people and play from start to finish in how ever long it takes you - without stopping other than to eat or take a bathroom break. Which game do you choose?
a. Risk
b. Clue
c. Monopoly
d. Scrabble
e. Trivial Pursuit
f. Life
g. Star Wars Outer Rim
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Gutter's 5 questions for national WAY too many things day 9/15/24

Post by jhawks99 »

1) last night. Burger King
2) 9ers
3) pass
4) They should probably wear a shirt. I got to cook pre race meals for my daughter's cross country team several times. Great fun. They all kept they're shirts on.
5) Clue
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

1. Over a month ago. Inconsistencies make it hard for me to chose my favorite. Thinking back, I'll go with Checkers because of my love for the one in Miami on Biscayne Blvd near the Kaseya Center.
2. Bolts
3. 117
4. Yes
5. All depends on what mood I am in and how much time I am willing to spend playing a board game. NOT taking those things in to consideration, TP because it will be somewhat educational.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. Before Peru-Canada Copa match. In n Out. Had access in Colorado. Good Times is a close second. Their super bacon burger was the first one on the market, and with extra fry sauce or whatever it is, outstanding.

2. Chargers and Jets. And of course, the Chiefs, bc they are the best thing since yoga pants! (Sorry PDub, I’m 100% just playing the part here).

3. I’m ignoring that question.

4. Yeah, that’s weird.

5. Risk. It offers a combination of strategy, competitiveness, and luck.

**99—. BK seems to be a legacy answer? Last time I had BK, it was not good. At all. And to #4…even with your persistence? (Had to)
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I eat fast food less than once a month. My goto used to be Wendy's but we moved and there isn't one close. I tried BK because the choice was them or McDs. It was pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised.
Broham
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:06 am I eat fast food less than once a month. My goto used to be Wendy's but we moved and there isn't one close. I tried BK because the choice was them or McDs. It was pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised.
I rarely have anything after 1030 from a fast food joint. McD's Bfast sammies, though...guilty pleasure. and using the app, there is almost always a buy1 get1 sammie offer..so 2 sammies and a coffee is like 2017 prices ($6.change), compared to like $11 if ordered without app. I'm loving it!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:06 am I eat fast food less than once a month. My goto used to be Wendy's but we moved and there isn't one close. I tried BK because the choice was them or McDs. It was pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised.
I find Wendys is highly inconsistent. An A Wendy's burger is primo. One of my 3 favorites. Problem is I rarely get an A Wendy's burger. Typically they are a C.
Burger KAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG is typically pretty good. I only eat Whoppers but I enjoy them. I rarely get a bad Burger KAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG burger.
McDonalds is typically not very good. That being said, an A McDonalds Double Quarter Pounder is very tasty.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

1. A week or so ago. Culver's has a good fast food burger.

2. I would have picked the Ravens and I would have been wrong.

3. I don't know.

4. Not really.

5. Monopoly
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:58 am 1) last night. Burger King
2) 9ers
3) pass
4) They should probably wear a shirt. I got to cook pre race meals for my daughter's cross country team several times. Great fun. They all kept their shirts on. no matter how many times I asked them!!!
5) Clue

Sorry, this edit has been sitting there all day for the taking, and I had to. I don’t in any way think you’d ever (or anyone here) actually say such a thing.