Assassination attempt on trump

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Assassination attempt on trump

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:40 am Fish you're in denial. This video speaks for itself. There really isn't an equivalent from across the aisle. As far a public figures opening wanted biden or harris killed. And making skits or props of them beheaded or being shot or stabbed

https://x.com/delinthecity_/status/1812 ... iyt2g&s=19

It's gross. And played a big part into getting our country where it is. Are you or anyone actually defending this behavior? Now we are in a country where people are actively trying to assassinate someone. Sickening
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:40 am Fish you're in denial. This video speaks for itself. There really isn't an equivalent from across the aisle. As far a public figures opening wanted biden or harris killed. And making skits or props of them beheaded or being shot or stabbed

https://x.com/delinthecity_/status/1812 ... iyt2g&s=19

It's gross. And played a big part into getting our country where it is. Are you or anyone actually defending this behavior? Now we are in a country where people are actively trying to assassinate someone. Sickening
99% of those are absurd to include as some sort of claim of a call for actual violence. Just flat out corny.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:41 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:26 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:13 am i personally don’t think either were staged, though i do wonder how the second supposed gunman just happened to luck upon trump being at the golf course that day

i also personally think that the SS has some serious deficiencies
Curious to see what actual laws the Florida guy was breaking at the time the Secret Service fired on him. He has been charged with possession of a firearm while a convicted felon (Secret Service had no idea of that until after the fact) and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number (Secret Service had no idea of that until after the fact, either). Florida's open carry so he was within his rights to be sitting in a bush with an AK47, wasn't he?
Obviously the only answer is to harden the FUCK out of our nation's golf courses.
time to arm the caddies
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:13 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:06 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:04 am And I apology, I didn’t mean to interrupt a poli-bored thread with distracting non-sense.
It's a welcome change from discussing open racism and fuckery.
I stated this as I asked Trad to fuck off when he (no doubt with no malice) injected some political nonsense into the nonsense board.

Fair is fair.
:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

two firearms charges…that’s it

i thought “attempted assassination” was a chargeable offense
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Did he fire a shot?

If not, having a gun at a golf course and not using it seems to fall under the protection of the 2nd amendment.

Yay?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:29 pm two firearms charges…that’s it

Criminally speaking, “attempted” tends to need more than intent. Or even planning. Our criminal laws, as I believe they should, put very high bars on the state’s ability to put people behind, ah, bars.

And you can always add this charge if the facts end up supporting it. The last thing the government tends to want to do, though, is overcharge and end up with an acquittal (or even dismissal).

That said, get this thing in front of that one federal judge down the street and she’ll probably hold a one day trial (spoiler alert: guilty of treason AND tax invasion) in front of those gallows they had set up for Pence.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Doesn't this guy simply need to lawyer up with the "I was huntin' waskly wabbits" defense for why he had an AK at a gold course?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:29 pm two firearms charges…that’s it

He was in Florida with an assault rifle. Was any of it really illegal?
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

he was another republican....again...right? is that accurate?

because I heard today it was the doing of the dangerous political violence rhetoric or the radical left.

and those two things seem incongruent.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You know, these are good questions. Maybe this lady isn’t so bad after all!
How was Ryan Routh, a convicted felon, able to fly from Hawaii to Florida and obtain an AK47 with an obliterated serial number and then get within 300 yards of President Trump?
https://x.com/lauraloomer/status/183570 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

reports are that he may have been posted up waiting for upwards of 12 hours

nobody did a sweep ahead of time?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:06 pm reports are that he may have been posted up waiting for upwards of 12 hours

DDD put him there
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

U.S. Attorney Handling Would-Be Trump Assassin’s Case Is a Haitian Immigrant

holy

fucking

shit
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:28 pm U.S. Attorney Handling Would-Be Trump Assassin’s Case Is a Haitian Immigrant

holy

fucking

shit
Full circle

Or….proof the Clintons were involved
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:32 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:28 pm U.S. Attorney Handling Would-Be Trump Assassin’s Case Is a Haitian Immigrant

holy

fucking

shit
Full circle

Or….proof the Clintons were involved
It’s only a matter of time until we learn that NOW the justice system is being weaponized by covering up this suspect’s ties to antifa/Soros, and letting him off easy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:06 pm reports are that he may have been posted up waiting for upwards of 12 hours

You would think they would but..... Who do you feel should be/should have been responsible for the sweep? Local law enforcement? Secret Service? State law enforcement? FBI? Private security?
Some of the above, all of the above?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:04 am

You would think they would but..... Who do you feel should be/should have been responsible for the sweep? Local law enforcement? Secret Service? State law enforcement? FBI? Private security?
It’s a very complicated question - and it touches also on what’s reasonable for all of us to be paying for, versus what sacrifices are reasonable to expect of people who choose public and controversial lives.

I think there is a long record of Trump being advised of the difficulties of securing his golf courses in particular (Obama, for example, often played on military bases).

Not trying to hint at anything or shift blame - I don’t think there is a black and white, wrong or right, answer here.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:04 am

any of those you mention?