Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by jfish26 »

"leading until the wee hours of the morning" is not how elections work.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A brief delay in the counting of electoral votes in Congress on Jan 6 allowed the cheating Democrats to bring in fake electoral votes to give Biden the presidency.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:52 am "magically"

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-t ... 4281257169
Ah, yes. Proof from AP, the famously objective news conglomerate that has always reported fairly and accurately without political bias of any kind.

In other news, North Carolina investigated themselves for academic improprieties in their athletic department and found no evidence of wrongdoing, so we can all rest assured that they are legit.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Overlander wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:32 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:29 pm Are you still running with that horseshit?
It is all the right has left.
An avalanche of stupid claims
The problem is that there are too many mentally deficient people believing everything that Trump says.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Ah, yes. Proof from AP, the famously objective news conglomerate that has always reported fairly and accurately without political bias of any kind."

https://guides.library.harvard.edu/newsleans/thechart

https://adfontesmedia.com/ap-bias-and-reliability/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. I don't think you were alive in 1948. If you were, would you claim the election was stolen from Dewy?
In 2020 Hillary was polling ahead of Trump by a considerable margin. Hillary won by over 2 million votes. Was the election stolen from her?

2. GOOD! I like to know that you (unlike randy?) would take the time to go to a reliable source to assure yourself of something instead of allowing yourself to be fooled/manipulated/tricked in to believing.

3. You answered a. but not b. and c. "no doubt". Meaning you are 100% sure? "Speed" meaning an Amphetamine? I don't know one way or the other for a fact. Coincidently, someone very close to me is presently in the White House meeting with the Chief of Staff and Biden's advisors. Should I text him and ask him to ask the COS and the advisors if Biden is hopped up on speed?

4. I agree. Notice how I used capital letters for the word NEWS. They reported the NEWS.

5. I think I have asked you that question before. I appreciate your thoughtful answer and agree with some if not much of it. I'm not going to get all deep and philosophical other than to say what have said before - which is, I typically can't differentiate between religions and cults and I feel people who are religious tend to be more easily manipulated in to believing other things (bedsides religion) that can't be proven.
Here is a question no one has been able to answer for me in a manner I can/will accept. Who created God and/or how did God come to be and what existed before God started creating on "the first day".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:20 am "Ah, yes. Proof from AP, the famously objective news conglomerate that has always reported fairly and accurately without political bias of any kind."

https://guides.library.harvard.edu/newsleans/thechart

https://adfontesmedia.com/ap-bias-and-reliability/
(This also has nothing to do with the credibility of any particular outlet. It is simply category error to point to ANY count-in-process reporting as indicative of things like an actual, meaningful "lead" or "deficit". To use phrasing with which right wing media ecosphere inhabitants are familiar, everyone knew that election night counts-in-process were going to be skewed in Trump's favor, and that Trump would (despite this obvious fact) use election night counts-in-process to illogically and wrongfully declare victory - which is exactly what he did.)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Say wut Fox News?
Vice President Kamala Harris has made up significant ground on former President Trump in Iowa, a state previously thought to be safely in the former president’s column.

Harris has narrowed Trump’s lead to four points, trailing the former president 47% to 43% in Iowa, according to the latest Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll released Sunday.

The poll represents a shocking reversal from where Trump stood in the state in spring, when the Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll showed Trump leading President Biden by 18 points in Iowa, 50% to 32%.

"I wouldn’t say 4 points is comfortable" for Trump, pollster J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., told the Des Moines Register in reaction to the poll, the first Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll to be released since Harris became the Democratic nominee. "The race has tightened significantly."

Iowa has long been an afterthought in this year’s race, not typically included as a swing state along with the group of Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, with most analysts believing the state to be safely red. Trump won the state by nearly 10 percentage points in 2016 and a similar margin in 2020, a margin that would be seemingly difficult to overcome for Harris in 2024.

But Iowa has been a swing state in the past, going to Democratic Vice President Al Gore in 2000, Republican President George W. Bush in 2004, and former President Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

While one poll is unlikely to change the overall dynamic of the race, Harris’ ability to put former Midwestern swing states such as Iowa or Ohio in play could put her in a stronger position come November.

The Harris surge in Iowa can largely be attributed to female voters, with the poll finding the vice president leads Trump among women 53% to 36%. Meanwhile, Trump leads among men in the state 59% to 32%.

Women are also more likely to vote than they were in previous versions of the survey, with 8% more women indicating they will vote in this year’s election than in the June poll.

Other groups that showed an uptick in plans to vote included those younger than 45 (10% increase), those from cities (6%), and those with a college degree (9%).

"This poll may be catching newly energized voters who thought they would sit out the election at the time our June poll was taken," Selzer said.
I warned you my brohams, the upppity!

It is spreading!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:49 am Say wut Fox News?
Vice President Kamala Harris has made up significant ground on former President Trump in Iowa, a state previously thought to be safely in the former president’s column.

Harris has narrowed Trump’s lead to four points, trailing the former president 47% to 43% in Iowa, according to the latest Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll released Sunday.

The poll represents a shocking reversal from where Trump stood in the state in spring, when the Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll showed Trump leading President Biden by 18 points in Iowa, 50% to 32%.

"I wouldn’t say 4 points is comfortable" for Trump, pollster J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., told the Des Moines Register in reaction to the poll, the first Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll to be released since Harris became the Democratic nominee. "The race has tightened significantly."

Iowa has long been an afterthought in this year’s race, not typically included as a swing state along with the group of Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, with most analysts believing the state to be safely red. Trump won the state by nearly 10 percentage points in 2016 and a similar margin in 2020, a margin that would be seemingly difficult to overcome for Harris in 2024.

But Iowa has been a swing state in the past, going to Democratic Vice President Al Gore in 2000, Republican President George W. Bush in 2004, and former President Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

While one poll is unlikely to change the overall dynamic of the race, Harris’ ability to put former Midwestern swing states such as Iowa or Ohio in play could put her in a stronger position come November.

The Harris surge in Iowa can largely be attributed to female voters, with the poll finding the vice president leads Trump among women 53% to 36%. Meanwhile, Trump leads among men in the state 59% to 32%.

Women are also more likely to vote than they were in previous versions of the survey, with 8% more women indicating they will vote in this year’s election than in the June poll.

Other groups that showed an uptick in plans to vote included those younger than 45 (10% increase), those from cities (6%), and those with a college degree (9%).

"This poll may be catching newly energized voters who thought they would sit out the election at the time our June poll was taken," Selzer said.
I warned you my brohams, the upppity!

It is spreading!
What's spreading is the purple on the map. Bad enough for Trump that he has to fight for North Carolina. To have to even think about Texas and Iowa and Florida and - watch - Ohio, is disastrous.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Wut was it the bard said?
For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petard
If trumpty plumpty and his minions repeating and doubling down on the lies and fomenting violence were to turn Ohio against him, it would seem that karma is an angry bitch of color.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:35 pm Wut was it the bard said?
If trumpty plumpty and his minions repeating and doubling down on the lies and fomenting violence were to turn Ohio against him, it would seem that karma is an angry bitch of color.
Where is she?? Asking for MAGA.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:36 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:35 pm Wut was it the bard said?
Where is she?? Asking for MAGA.
No no, that's "Where's Hunter?".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:25 am Here is a question no one has been able to answer for me in a manner I can/will accept. Who created God and/or how did God come to be and what existed before God started creating on "the first day".
do non-humans believe in, or have a concept of, god(s)?

if you have a fish tank, do the fish view you as a/the god?

i’ve always liked what Richard Dawkins has said in regards to this quandary, which is that there are really only three options: 1) all gods are real/true, 2) only one god is real/true, or 3) no gods are real/true

i know which option i find most logical and likely
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:12 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:25 am Here is a question no one has been able to answer for me in a manner I can/will accept. Who created God and/or how did God come to be and what existed before God started creating on "the first day".

i’ve always liked what Richard Dawkins has said in regards to this quandary, which is that there are really only three options: 1) all gods are real/true, 2) only one god is real/true, or 3) no gods are real/true

Once you are aware, you have entered an inexorable reality stream of finite limits within an infinite universe that is revisited an infinite number of times, with different outcomes creating infinite multiverses. Time travel occurs within the reality stream because infinity guarantees it will be mastered. You pose this question every seven trillion years but differently an infinite number of times minus one.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:12 pm

I absolutely believe that there is more out there than we are capable of perceiving or even theorizing. I do not believe that whatever that is, is keeping a naughty or nice list to determine what happens to my consciousness after my body gives out.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

I absolutely believe that there is more out there than we are capable of perceiving or even theorizing.

i agree, though i’m not so sure “it” is any sort of “being”, with anything resembling consciousness, reason, or directed purpose

I do not believe that whatever that is, is keeping a naughty or nice list to determine what happens to my consciousness after my body gives out.

which would seem to disqualify many/most of the deities created throughout human history
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:43 pm I absolutely believe that there is more out there than we are capable of perceiving or even theorizing.

i agree, though i’m not so sure “it” is any sort of “being”, with anything resembling consciousness, reason, or directed purpose

I do not believe that whatever that is, is keeping a naughty or nice list to determine what happens to my consciousness after my body gives out.

which would seem to disqualify many/most of the deities created throughout human history
1 - well yeah, dimensions and shit. But I don’t, because I can’t, deny the possibility of some sort of greater consciousness.

2 - well yeah
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

When you look around the dusty room listening to the AM farm reports and see only Mich and his MAGA pals swatting flies and cannot remember when you last left the room, then you'll know the eternal power of God's will. Seems kind of arbitrary.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:48 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:26 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:25 pm

You’d almost think that, after seeing an election stolen, people don’t trust the “mainstream” media anymore. Weird.
5 questions.
1. Why do you believe the election was stolen?
Trump was leading until the wee hours of the morning. Then, magically, a bunch of ballots for Biden appeared. There are accounts of a "water main break" in Georgia that shut down a polling center and multiple eyewitness accounts of boxes being brought into a secure area. It is suspicious to say the least.

2. I am confident the "mainstream media" could report that I am sitting on a chair in my living room right now and you would assume it is NOT true. Just as I am confident some strongly conservative media source would report the same thing and you would believe it IS true. Would you bother to ask me so you could decide on your own?
Assuming I know you and believe you to be a trustworthy individual, yes.

3. Which of these 3 things did you believe would happen or did happen?
a. "So, a little before debate time, he gets a shot in the ass. They want to strengthen him up so he comes out, he'll come out, okay, I say he'll come out all jacked up, right? All jacked up."
b. “They’re eating the dogs. They’re eating the cats. They’re eating the pets of the people that live there.”
c. "I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

a. There is no doubt that Brandon was on speed, not just for the debate, but for many of his public appearances.

4. Back when we had the 3 main networks and people got their NEWS from Cronkite, Brinkley, and Chancellor, do you feel collectively they were more liberal or conservative?
Hard to say. I was very young in those days. Definitely not as skewed liberal as today.

5. Do you believe everything in the Old Testament and New Testament actually happened?
I think the Bible is sacred literature, meaning that some of the accounts in it are intended to illustrate things that are true, but may not be true themselves. The Bible is a combination of historical accounts, poetry, prophecy, and letters written to various people to instruct them in matters of doctrine and polity. It is not intended to be an objective historical account, nor is it intended to be a science textbook, i.e. I don't believe in a literal 7 day creation, but I do believe that God created things, which could have been in a manner consistent with evolution in many ways. People who read/use the Bible for unintended purposes frustrate me because they are ignorant act foolishly as a result.
JFC you're even more of a gullible rube than you pretend to be here.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

"There is no doubt that Brandon was on speed, not just for the debate, but for many of his public appearances."

Ok, now do the 70 MPH one minute then 5 MPH the other tempo in the Donnie Trump speeches...and be sure to mix in the constant sniffling that occurs when he is on the 70 MPH track.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy