trumpty plumpty

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: trumpty plumpty

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:45 am And he is NOT a racist, he has a black friend.

(former) first lady bedroom eyes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:02 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:51 am

He is brilliant, in a reptilian sort of way.
Yes, I agree, but I hesitate to hint at any acknowledgment of brilliance or execution of plan in this setting. Psych isn't wrong with the mean-girls stuff (what he fails to mention is that he's the mean girl, or tries singularly to be with certain regularity). I actually wish I had a ledger of both sides of this so I could mock both sides accordingly. Ultimately, most of the arguments here devolve to this point, which allows this forum to be a microcosm of the nation as a whole.

For that reason, whether she is telling the truth or not, Kamala coming to the center and offering an olive branch (again, whether it's bullshit or not, TBD), I'm all in favor.
Which, she does. You may find it disingenuous (and it may be!), but she is publicly denouncing political violence. Her opponent cannot even go so far as denouncing bomb threats on Springfield.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:36 am
Which, she does. You may find it disingenuous (and it may be!), but she is publicly denouncing political violence. Her opponent cannot even go so far as denouncing bomb threats on Springfield.
I don't think there is enough evidence towards her to find it disingenuous (yet)...but I'm keeping an open mind. Back to that Credibility/Trust thing you pointed towards.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:04 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:36 am
I don't think there is enough evidence towards her to find it disingenuous (yet)...but I'm keeping an open mind. Back to that Credibility/Trust thing you pointed towards.
Being a rational person, I would expect that her true feelings are not unlike most of ours: she probably genuinely feels, all at once (and among other things), that (1) political violence is bad, (2) Trump's consequences for his actions should be at the ballot box and pursuant to legal process, (3) Trump has no one but himself to blame for the superheated rhetoric now endemic in our politics, (4) MAGA has no one but itself to blame for our hilariously deficient gun laws and (5) it is gross projection for Trump/Vance/MAGA to blame democrats for violence and chaos following Trump around.

Being an officeholder and candidate, I would expect that Harris also is fearful of what might come her and her family's way owing to the misplaced blame being put at democrats' feet.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Had the legal process been allowed to work, Trump would be safely incarcerated somewhere
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:39 pm Had the legal process been allowed to work, Trump would be safely incarcerated somewhere
This.
Our founding fathers did us a disservice by not thinking through what would happen if a sycophant came along who had a Hitler-esque ability to drum up the mouth breathers to the point of overthrowing our democracy.

Maybe they had some bling faith that the residents of their new found republic could never be that dumb?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:46 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:39 pm Had the legal process been allowed to work, Trump would be safely incarcerated somewhere
This.
Our founding fathers did us a disservice by not thinking through what would happen if a sycophant came along who had a Hitler-esque ability to drum up the mouth breathers to the point of overthrowing our democracy.

Maybe they had some bling faith that the residents of their new found republic could never be that dumb?
Except, our Founding Fathers did think it through.

They provided a mechanism for the Constitution to be amended, with amendments being on exactly even footing with every other provision in the Constitution.

And then other heavies in our country's history worked toward and secured the passage of the Fourteenth Amendment, which (in Section 3) explicitly included a function to cover the exact circumstance where an oathbreaker has enough popular support to again challenge for the Presidency.

What NOBODY saw coming was a Supreme Court that, prior to the relevant time, had already been captured by the same interests supporting the oathbreaker (or directly by the oathbreaker himself).
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The Founding Fathers were like a stopped clock. Got a couple of things right but most things wrong. While they were right about Freedom of Expression, they were wrong on many issues like bigotry and misogyny. The consequences we’re seeing today is that everyone is Free to express their bigotry and misogyny.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Bagram, ANWAR…what’s the difference?

Alaska and Afghanistan both start with “A”, after all

stable genius, high IQ…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:58 am Bagram, ANWAR…what’s the difference?

stable genius, high IQ…
Meanwhile, if Biden had committed this grievous error, there would be ‘round the clock televised House hearings demanding that he be executed for violating the 25th Amendment.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:02 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:58 am Bagram, ANWAR…what’s the difference?

stable genius, high IQ…
Meanwhile, if Biden had committed this grievous error, there would be ‘round the clock televised House hearings demanding that he be executed for violating the 25th Amendment.
the hypocrisy and double standards know no bounds, and we’re reminded of it on a near daily basis
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:05 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:02 am

stable genius, high IQ…
the hypocrisy and double standards know no bounds, and we’re reminded of it on a near daily basis
The cultists don't mind.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:18 am
The cultists don't mind.
Don’t worry plenty of Kool-Aid to go around!

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

illy!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

That’s me, apparently.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

well, when you go out of your way to bothsides things and keep posters in check…that was his MO for quite some time
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I haven’t both sides anything as far as who I think should (or shouldn’t be president).

I do, however, think the repetitive, blah blah blah back and forth here is tiresome.

I stay out of it mostly. Because I think both sides act like cunts toward one another on the daily. I can go to any of the alluded to news sources to see that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump says he's going to carry New York in November, but that doesn't seem likely since he can't even fill an arena there:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:42 am Trump says he's going to carry New York in November, but that doesn't seem likely since he can't even fill an arena there:

I, for one, think Trump should spend the remainder of the campaign big-game hunting. New York today. California tomorrow.