We lost the battle for the democrat party's soul long ago

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: We lost the battle for the democrat party's soul long ago

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:54 pm 158 democrats voted against deporting migrant rapists and pedophiles.....

Republicans unanimously voted to deport migrant rapists and pedophiles.

How does that not get you kicked out of our country?
I doubt that is the part of the bill they opposed. It probably had more to do with this:

"H.R. 7511 would require the mandatory detention – without any possibility of bond – of any undocumented person who is merely arrested for or charged with property-related offenses, including misdemeanor shoplifting. It does not require conviction of such an offense. There is no statute of limitations, and the bill does not specify any process by which a person might contest either their immigration detention or the underlying criminal charges (if charges are even pursued). Mandatory immigration detention on the basis of a mere arrest is unprecedented, and it would invite abuses that almost certainly would disproportionately impact people of color.

We are also concerned with language in the bill that would give states standing to sue the federal government over any allegation that the federal government is improperly implementing immigration laws, such as detention and removal provisions, visa provisions, or its discretionary parole authority. This language would open the floodgates to litigation, and it would enable individual states to shape federal immigration policies."

https://civilrights.org/resource/opposehr7511/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:54 pm 158 democrats voted against deporting migrant rapists and pedophiles.....

I'm all for deporting "rapists and pedophiles". Who wouldn't/shouldn't be? Shame on the Dems.
Which brings me to..... Statistically, is there a better chance you are a victim of a rapist and pedophile Christian Clergy person or a "migrant"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:45 am
I'm all for deporting "rapists and pedophiles". Who wouldn't/shouldn't be? Shame on the Dems.
Which brings me to..... Statistically, is there a better chance you are a victim of a rapist and pedophile Christian Clergy person or a "migrant"?
All I know is don’t let the Priest put communion directly into your mouth.

His hand, your hand.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:31 am

I doubt that is the part of the bill they opposed. It probably had more to do with this:

"H.R. 7511 would require the mandatory detention – without any possibility of bond – of any undocumented person who is merely arrested for or charged with property-related offenses, including misdemeanor shoplifting. It does not require conviction of such an offense. There is no statute of limitations, and the bill does not specify any process by which a person might contest either their immigration detention or the underlying criminal charges (if charges are even pursued). Mandatory immigration detention on the basis of a mere arrest is unprecedented, and it would invite abuses that almost certainly would disproportionately impact people of color.

We are also concerned with language in the bill that would give states standing to sue the federal government over any allegation that the federal government is improperly implementing immigration laws, such as detention and removal provisions, visa provisions, or its discretionary parole authority. This language would open the floodgates to litigation, and it would enable individual states to shape federal immigration policies."

https://civilrights.org/resource/opposehr7511/
The same people who think misdemeanor charges alone justify imprisoning brown people on indefinite basis will tell you that a great number of white felons - convicted by juries of their peers - are political prisoners and should be released.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randi telling half-truths?

shocking…

my pubes have more integrity
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:53 am randi telling half-truths?

shocking…

my pubes have more integrity
Procedurally, it's really no different than Dems saying "Republicans voted against the Birder Bill" that had aid to Ukraine tied in it. The obvious difference is that aid for Ukraine is a necessary thing to support our allies and keep Russian aggression in check while what the GOP attached to their bill is a restriction on people's fundamental rights.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Maybe the Federal Government needs to have a single issue law like the State of Nebraska when a proposed bill is only allowed to have one topic so that unrelated add-ons don't tarnish the intent of the bill. If Congress was more interested in getting things done, that might be of some help.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

nobody can pork up those bills like those democrats. it starts as one thing. and ends as a complete other.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:16 am Maybe the Federal Government needs to have a single issue law like the State of Nebraska when a proposed bill is only allowed to have one topic so that unrelated add-ons don't tarnish the intent of the bill. If Congress was more interested in getting things done, that might be of some help.
(I've been thinking how funny it would be if the Dems would introduce new gun legislation (ostensibly covering the sorts of gaps in our gun laws represented by the PA and FL assassination things) and call it something like the 'TRUMP PROTECTION ACT" - make Rs vote against it.)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:25 am nobody can pork up those bills like those democrats. it starts as one thing. and ends as a complete other.
He says as we discuss a Republican Bill that failed due to the pork they added to it.